Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Levi Lewis GOAT

1. UL Football Levi Lewis GOAT

My good buddy Destin Cajun a lifelong fan and graduate lives in Red Stick. He’s always giving me heads up on players in Red Stick metro. A few years back he said pay attention to a Scotlandville player Levi Lewis.

I watched him get to the state championship. He was very good, but couldn’t close the deal.

Today they started listing his Louisiana accomplishments. They were eye opening. Only about 500 yards behind Jake all time passing mark. Eclipsed many of Mitchell records.

He’s got one thing neither could do, grab a conference trophy that hasn’t happened since before Cajun Field. That’s why I’m nominating him for Louisiana fans GOAT.

Default Re: Levi Lewis GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He’s got one thing neither could do, grab a conference trophy that hasn’t happened since before Cajun Field. That’s why I’m nominating him for Louisiana fans GOAT.
    Switch QB's with each others teams and what would the results be? LoL

3. Default Re: Levi Lewis GOAT

We can only deal with the real world not the one we wish we had. Don’t know the what if games, but what if he had Stokley. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but none of the stats can account for his unique abilities much similar to BM escapability. Jake also had some pretty impressive backs and future NFL lineman.

He’s the most winningest QB we’ve ever had. The kid doesn’t lose.

Rings matter!! SBC Championship sets him apart.

Best QB, until the next great one. Which is what we all hope for.

Does Lewis’ Jersey belong on the Wall of Fame next to Mitchell’s, Jake’s, and Stokely’s?

My vote would be, YES!

He's not so great....

Signed, RPCA

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Does Lewis’ Jersey belong on the Wall of Fame next to Mitchell’s, Jake’s, and Stokely’s?

My vote would be, YES!
    Second!

The Levi Lewis experiment has failed. Start Fields.

Levi’s name should be up there on the wall. No question.

My vote would be, YES!
    I don’t see how it doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The Levi Lewis experiment has failed. Start Fields.

Levi’s name should be up there on the wall. No question.
    The wall is kinda dumb to me.

November 2017, Levi Lewis walks into Coach Hudspeth's office and ask for his opportunity to lead a losing team as freshman.

Levi also states, he will not be here 4 years later, so let's not waste time. Five years later.....

Looking back, those next few games possibly cemented Levi's decision to stay and not transfer. New coach (Billy Napier) comes in 2018. Levi may have had just enough game tape, or also suggested to Napier an opportunity for one series per game.

2019 and on.....we could statically argue he was one of the best to ever lead the Cajuns.

What we can't measure is how Levi's leadership was possibly the glue to bring our team together after the Hudspeth departure.

Levi may not have had the physical talent of other Cajun quarterbacks, but he was our team's leader during an unprecedented era of Cajuns football and that we can't argue.

Levi, WE APPRECIATE YOU. You've represented us well, on and off the field. The bar has been raised during your tenure. Years from now, your name will be mentioned with Henry, Mitchell, Delhomme, Gauthier, and Broadway.

Geaux Cajuns!

12. Default Re: Levi Lewis GOAT

The Number will go back into retirement on Two Jerseys and he will be inducted into the UL HOF when he qualifies.

34-5 the last 3 years. talk about winning and people say it’s the team or the defense. Talk about records TDs,yards,int,rushing….. they say well he’s been here for ever. People that decided they don’t think he’s good can’t have their minds changed.

I told my dad at the game. Some people think Lebron is the best some say he sucks and shoots to much.

You can take any athlete and make a point for both sides.

My opinion is Levi should be on the wall. I thank him as much as I thank billy for this trophy. They are both leaders, both had the same success and both are done here.

My vote would be, YES!
    It probably does but in my opinion u cant compare he and Jake. Its not apples to apples.

15. Default Re: Levi Lewis GOAT

My vote would be, YES!
    You got that right.

PLUS the # already there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information