Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, UNO 67

1. UL Basketball MBB Final: Louisiana 80, UNO 67

Looks like a girls game crowd in the Cajun Dome tonight

Default Re: Marlin and the season

From the UNO board...

I hope everyone realizes UL is basically playing with their second team due to injuries. With the difference in talent we should have a double digit lead. How can other teams get layup after layup against our man defense but we can't against theirs. Maybe the kind of plays they run and we don't. This team has 10 layups. 60% of their points.

Well, uh...ok...know we're down 3 men tonight but...

Theo and Au out with boots on. Williams back, Richards I missed what happened.

Cajuns up 11 with :28 to go.

80-67 Cajuns win!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Cajuns up 11 with :28 to go.

80-67 Cajuns win!
    So he is fired after the McNeese or La Tech game ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    From the UNO board...

I hope everyone realizes UL is basically playing with their second team due to injuries. With the difference in talent we should have a double digit lead. How can other teams get layup after layup against our man defense but we can't against theirs. Maybe the kind of plays they run and we don't. This team has 10 layups. 60% of their points.

Well, uh...ok...know we're down 3 men tonight but...

Theo and Au out with boots on. Williams back, Richards I missed what happened.
    Richards is fine, he got pulled late in the 1st half for missing a defensive assignment, but played afterwards. Mike Thomas was also not dressed tonight. Au walked out after halftime and sat on the bench but they had to get him crutches to get back to the locker room after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Richards is fine, he got pulled late in the 1st half for missing a defensive assignment. Mike Thomas was also not dressed tonight. Au walked out after halftime and sat on the bench but they had to get him crutches to get back to the locker room after the game.
    Theo broke his foot. Mike Thomas has an injured hand.

Broke his foot? Out for the season, I guess.

Cajuns win 80-67. Both fans in attendance seemed to enjoy the game.

Seriously though, from the perspective of someone that has been a fan of UL basketball since a guy named Dwight "Bo" Lamar was lighting it up in Blackham I am saddened on the current state of the program and the seemingly lack of fan interest in a once proud program. Marlin is a good guy and I hope somehow he turns things around. However, even I am starting to lose faith that it will happen. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Cajuns win 80-67. Both fans in attendance seemed to enjoy the game.

Seriously though, from the perspective of someone that has been a fan of UL basketball since a guy named Dwight "Bo" Lamar was lighting it up in Blackham I am saddened on the current state of the program and the seemingly lack of fan interest in a once proud program. Marlin is a good guy and I hope somehow he turns things around. However, even I am starting to lose faith that it will happen. We shall see.
    Your misery will end sooner rather than later.

Gutsy performance by Trajan tonight.

11. UL Basketball MBB: Wesley Scores Career High to Lead Louisiana Men’s Basketball Past New Orleans

Junior guard Trajan Wesley scored a career-high 16 points to lead Louisiana Men's Basketball past New Orleans, 80-67 on Friday night at the Cajundome

Wesley made four of his nine attempts from the floor and converted eight of nine shots from the free-throw line to bolster his scoring tally. The Navasota, Texas native is active this season after missing the entirety of the 2020-21 season with a foot injury.

Three other Ragin' Cajuns scored in double figures in the contest including a pair 13-point performances by senior forward Dou Gueye and freshman Kentrell Garnett.

Gueye, who made his first start of the season in place of an injured Theo Akwuba, hit six of 12 shots and collected 11 rebounds to go along with three assists.

Garnett drilled four 3-pointers and fell just one point shy of tying his collegiate high.

Kobe Julien had his fingerprints in all aspects of the game, the redshirt freshman scored 12 points, grabbed four rebounds, blocked three shots, and recorded a steal.

Despite Akwuba's absence, Louisiana outrebounded New Orleans 45-32 on the night. Sophomore Jordan Brown led the way with 12 boards, while freshman Isaiah Richards grabbed nine in addition to Gueye's output.

The Ragin' Cajuns were ready from the opening tip, jumping to an 8-0 lead behind a pair of layups from Gueye. Louisiana maintained its advantage until the seven minute mark of the opening period when the Privateers strung together a 7-0 run to cut their deficit down to two.

Garnett drilled a 3-pointer a few possessions later to push the lead back up to six, but a half-court shot at the buzzer by Privateers' senior guard Troy Green knocked the advantage down to just 34-32 as the teams headed to their respective locker rooms.

Louisiana displayed a multifaceted scoring attack throughout with five different Ragin' Cajuns converting the team's first five field goals to begin the second half.

New Orleans continued to battle as a pair of Louisiana turnovers propelled a 9-2 run that gave the Privateers their first lead of the game with just under 13 minutes remaining.

Wesley put a stop to the offensive charge with a tough finish on an and-one layup. The three-point play sparked a pivotal 10-0 response from Louisiana that proved to be the difference. New Orleans never got closer than six points following the scoring burst.

Junior Jalen Dalcourt notched four free throws in the closing minutes to reach the game's final tally.

The Ragin' Cajuns will be back in action at 7 p.m. Wednesday when they host McNeese at the Cajundome. The game will be available for live stream on ESPN+.

12. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Basketball Takes Down UNO 80-67 to Break Losing Streak

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns basketball team played good defense early and hit big free throws late to take down the University of New Orleans Privateers 80-67.

Cajuns are not that good. First game I have attended in 2 years. Numerous air balls and missed layups. My son pointed out that many passes were not cleanly caught and were bobbled. UNO was just worse than the Cajuns in that they had triple the number of missed layups and several missed dunks. I don’t see any post season play for UL at all.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, UNO 67

Didn't watch but I'm curious if the team is just done with marlin

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, UNO 67

I watched. In terms of talent level it really looked for the most part like a pickup game at a big city Y. We did actually run a half court offense from time to time and had better spacing and off-ball movement on the offensive end than is usual for a Marlin team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information