Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Marlin and the season

Default Re: Marlin and the season

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A little bird just told me that Marlin told a few folks that by mid season he will probably resign. Sounds like a cop out before officially getting canned. After Dr. Maggard makes the football hire the MBB program will be the next priority. Stay tuned folks.
    Heard that last year won't belive it until his name is off the website

Yes sir you better believe it. He is in full panic mode.
    Losing to winless SWAC schools will do that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Heard that last year won't belive it until his name is off the website
    Stay tuned.

Just like the FB coaching search, when Maggard says Bob is gone, then I'll believe it.

#MarlinMustGo

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck
    Marlin is a good guy…
    Yes he is.

Sometimes, it’s just time.

Your misery will end sooner rather than later.
    Until we find a way to rise above being in a one bid, play in game bid league, it’s always going to be miserable.

UL Basketball Re: Marlin and the season

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Until we find a way to rise above being in a one bid, play in game bid league, it’s always going to be miserable.
    We can't control the 1 bid league part, but we can definitely control the play in game part, at least to the extent of our playin being between 11 seeds rather than between 16 seeds.

1. Schedule better non-congerence games.
    2. Win most of those games.
    3. Dominate the SBC.

All of those are 100% within our control with the right leadership of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We can't control the 1 bid league part, but we can definitely control the play in game part, at least to the extent of our playin being between 11 seeds rather than between 16 seeds.
    As a 16 seed we would definitely be a one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So our coach is already letting it be known he is gonna resign mid season? And our AD is cool with this?
    He may not be cool with it but just has bigger fish to fry at the moment.....No pun intended.

I have been as big a critic of Marlin in recent years as anyone. Having said that I do think he's a good man and his values and way he runs a program are what have kept him in the coaches seat for so long when I think it would have been justified to find a replacement several years ago. Having said that, I hate to see the program in the state its in and sometimes its just time to move on. I certainly hope the rumors are true this time but it still can set us back a bit with the current roster and would need a complete rebuild. I'm willing to take that chance and thank Marlin for what he's done here at the same time.

I don’t think Marlin should resign. Im probably his harshest critic, but he shouldn’t resign. Announce that this is his last season and step down at the end of the year. He deserves respect for what he has done with players graduating, not getting in trouble and should be recognized for that.

With that being said, it is time we move on. We need an exciting hire so we can bring some excitement back to the program.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I don’t think Marlin should resign. Im probably his harshest critic, but he shouldn’t resign. Announce that this is his last season and step down at the end of the year. He deserves respect for what he has done with players graduating, not getting in trouble and should be recognized for that.

With that being said, it is time we move on. We need an exciting hire so we can bring some excitement back to the program.
    I agree. It would be more dignified to announce early and let him coach out the year where the fans could thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I agree. It would be more dignified to announce early and let him coach out the year where the fans could thank him.
    Exactly!

15. Default Re: Marlin and the season

And pay him his buyout for doing so, just like Oeaux . . .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information