Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Marlin and the season

Default Re: Marlin and the season

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I don't think he is resigning midseason.
    I agree. Doesn't make sense and it just makes me even wonder if he would even quit at the end as well unless he's forced out and if anything, we've shown that we are in no hurry to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A little bird just told me that Marlin told a few folks that by mid season he will probably resign. Sounds like a cop out before officially getting canned. After Dr. Maggard makes the football hire the MBB program will be the next priority. Stay tuned folks.
    Still waiting on midseason....

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Let’s see, 200k buyout now, zero at end of season. Just sounds more like wishful thinking or stirring the pot by the original “source”.

There’s a solid 10 to 12.5% chance he gets extended. Puncher’s luck come March.

There’s also the possibility that Marlin would announce he’s hanging it up at the end of the season. I HAVE NOT HEARD SUCH, however, that would make everyone right.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Do I detect a note of cynicism?

Sorry, this kind of thread just makes our program look so small and our Fanbase look so petty.

Stop trying to be the guy with the scoop.

5. Default Re: Marlin and the season

A little bird just told me that Marlin told a few folks that by mid season he will probably resign. Sounds like a cop out before officially getting canned. After Dr. Maggard makes the football hire the MBB program will be the next priority. Stay tuned folks.
    Aren’t we at midseason?

6. Default Re: Marlin and the season

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

Sorry, this kind of thread just makes our program look so small and our Fanbase look so petty.

These comments makes us look like everyone with an underperforming coach. Most don’t have to live with mediocrity for a bakers dozen years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

Dang, I was firing up my flightware…

Guys notice that I said he would PROBABLY resign mid season. He told some high level folks that. MAYBE he changed his mind? Nobody ever said he WILL resign, some of you need to read slowly what I wrote before commenting.

Guys notice that I said he would PROBABLY resign mid season. He told some high level folks that. MAYBE he changed his mind? Nobody ever said he WILL resign, some of you need to read slowly what I wrote before commenting.
    So then it’s safe to say he is PROBABLY staying at least to the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So then it’s safe to say he is PROBABLY staying at least to the end of the season.
    Zoom I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s safe to say he was NEVER resigning mid season. JMV knew what he was doing when he said PROBABLY. Which is why he came back and defended himself in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s safe to say he was NEVER resigning mid season. JMV knew what he was doing when he said PROBABLY. Which is why he came back and defended himself in this thread
    You should know in wrestling you NEVER say NEVER.

13. Default Re: Marlin and the season

What is the point of giving a non specific probability only to get defensive when said probability didn’t happen. If it had he’d come around as though he was Julius Caesar’s soothsayer on March 16th saying he only cares about 3 days in March.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What is the point of giving a non specific probability only to get defensive when said probability didn’t happen. If it had he’d come around as though he was Julius Caesar’s soothsayer on March 16th saying he only cares about 3 days in March.
    Truly most basketball teams only should care about 3 days in march…. A majority of schools will have zero shot of making the dance based on regular season performance… A coach now needs to build a team to compete in tournaments…. Because we have a 27-6 team and still could not get an at large to the dance. NCAA is crooked as ____.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    These comments makes us look like everyone with an underperforming coach. Most don’t have to live with mediocrity for a bakers dozen years.
    Hmm, You’re gonna have to help me out here.

Wheredid I say, suggest, or even imply that we should except mediocrity?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information