Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Old Lady (stadium)

UL Football The Old Lady (stadium)

Looks really good today. CF is decked out for the Championship...going to be one hell of a day!!

Default Re: The Old Lady...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Looks really good today. CF is decked out for the Championship...going to be one hell of a day!!
    The title made me think (because it was you posting) ... your wife wasn't letting you go to the game!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    The title made me think (because it was you posting) ... your wife wasn't letting you go to the game!
    Oh that won't happen, not after 25 years in exile..

Is the ribbon board up?

No, its on a carrier ship off the California coast....like everything else...

Default Re: The Old Lady (stadium)

Wonder if this is possible for at least the elevator shaft, if not the whole upper deck? Yes, I realize the structure in the video is steel, but they could get it to backfall towards Bertrand.

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/...CjucGXrIgpAAAA

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Old Lady (stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Wonder if this is possible for at least the elevator shaft, if not the whole upper deck? Yes, I realize the structure in the video is steel, but they could get it to backfill towards Bertrand.

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/...CjucGXrIgpAAAA
    Looked like a lazer shot through it!!!

Just don't mess with the oaks!!

I am wondering if they can just tear down the actual ugly press boxes and build on the concrete foundation below. I am sure that all depends on how much weight the old structure can hold. I would like to see the plans soon!!!!!!! We need to build on momentum for when we open the 2022 season with the longest winning streak in the nation, the win streak and the new stadium renovation can be talked about all year showing how much progress we are making. Top 25 teams the last 2 years, 2 SBC championships, Longest winning streak in the nation, new stadium renovation.
    All this plays into donations and recruiting showing we are ready to continue to compete at a high level.
    When are we breaking ground for the new renovation. Has a date been set?

Summer 2022!!

So fanof71 has donned the new Stadium "THE OLD LADY"

LOL

I’m thinking construction will start in 2023. Still have a lot more $$$ to raise.

IDC how long it takes, Just make it look good.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I am wondering if they can just tear down the actual ugly press boxes and build on the concrete foundation below. I am sure that all depends on how much weight the old structure can hold. I would like to see the plans soon!!!!!!! We need to build on momentum for when we open the 2022 season with the longest winning streak in the nation, the win streak and the new stadium renovation can be talked about all year showing how much progress we are making. Top 25 teams the last 2 years, 2 SBC championships, Longest winning streak in the nation, new stadium renovation.
    All this plays into donations and recruiting showing we are ready to continue to compete at a high level.
    When are we breaking ground for the new renovation. Has a date been set?
    I seem to remember Helmut saying the grandstand structure isn't good. I'm thinking they'll have to rebuild a good part of that as well.

Let's remember that, once finished, the entire athletic department will have offices in that structure. It's going to come out quite a bit farther than the current one. That area of parking where the biggest contributors have spots will disappear completely.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information