Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Old Lady (stadium)

Default Re: The Old Lady (stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    That’s what I thought and hoped. Is that the official word? I can’t think of a reason why they’d keep it.

Doesn’t it hold the a/c for CF?
    It is an eye sore for sure and needs to go.

I've heard nothing about the maintenance building. If the plan is to demolish it, I'm sure it's not close to being a priority.

The Cox building will come down, which is the big thing.

Honestly, except for some on this board, I've never heard anyone complain about the maintenance building.

The building will be gone. It houses the A/C for the stadium. I know at one time the plan was to put a boulevard through it for tailgating, the Cajun walk, and possibly some restrooms that could be used by the tailgaters. When I say boulevard, I do not believe it would be for mother vehicle traffic. I do not know if that is still the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I've heard nothing about the maintenance building. If the plan is to demolish it, I'm sure it's not close to being a priority.

Honestly, except for some on this board, I've never heard anyone complain about the maintenance building.
    That's just how we roll on this board...

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    When I say boulevard, I do not believe it would be for mother vehicle traffic.
    What do they have against mothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    That is what I get for typing without my glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    That is what I get for typing without my glasses.
    You gettin old baw

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Mothertruckers can be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

C’mon man, it’s not an ugly building but it completely blocks the view to one of, if not the, best looking buildings we have….the Tigue. Not to mention that it would help to give more tailgating, etc space to that area.

C’mon man, it’s not an ugly building but it completely blocks the view to one of, if not the, best looking buildings we have….the Tigue. Not to mention that it would help to give more tailgating, etc space to that area.
    That may be true, but it doesn't change my statement. Outside of this board, I haven't heard anyone _____ing about the maintenance building.

I don't even notice the building. I guess it's not that big of a deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I don't even notice the building. I guess it's not that big of a deal to me.
    Especially when driving down Congress, you can’t get a good look at the Tigue because of that building. Plus, like I said that area could be put to much better use. Just my opinion.

Especially when driving down Congress, you can’t get a good look at the Tigue because of that building. Plus, like I said that area could be put to much better use. Just my opinion.
    I would think it could possibly go from utility to more space for the grounds crew. Even if you remove the building you still have the shed where equipment is kept.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I would think it could possibly go from utility to more space for the grounds crew. Even if you remove the building you still have the shed where equipment is kept.
    Well, I would think the a/c equipment will no longer needed, once the new tower is built. And the shed could easily be moved to a less conspicuous spot, so that the whole area would be better utilized.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information