Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Old Lady (stadium)

1. Default Re: The Old Lady (stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I seem to remember Helmut saying the grandstand structure isn't good. I'm thinking they'll have to rebuild a good part of that as well.
    Concrete bolts were badly rusted in 2002. I can only imagine them holding on by a thread.... literally.

Default Re: The Old Lady (stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    So fanof71 has donned the new Stadium "THE OLD LADY"

LOL
    No, the "old" stadium...reread it bruh

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    From the old lady to our lady

4. Default Re: The Old Lady (stadium)

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    …..Bring Sc Farmer back….he gets stadiums built W/O $…..sorry couldn’t resist….that’s how Sonny Mouton finished the Cajun Dome!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    From the old lady to our lady
    There you go bruh...

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Let's remember that, once finished, the entire athletic department will have offices in that structure. It's going to come out quite a bit farther than the current one. That area of parking where the biggest contributors have spots will disappear completely.
    Jay, I have a question: will they be tearing down that old maintenance building or a/c building that is front of the Tigue? I sure hope so, it’s a real eye-sore. I would imagine they will build an all new ac system with the new tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Bring Sc Farmer back….he gets stadiums built W/O $…..sorry couldn’t resist….that’s how Sonny Mouton finished the Cajun Dome!
    Someone say Scott Farmer?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Let's remember that, once finished, the entire athletic department will have offices in that structure. It's going to come out quite a bit farther than the current one. That area of parking where the biggest contributors have spots will disappear completely.
    No doubt. I’m sure we will be forced to remove roughly a half dozen oaks. It’s unfortunate but par for the course. We can easily plant more once the structure is erected.

Any word on what they are going to do with the Cox Center? Will there be enough space in the new tower to finally knock it down?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Any word on what they are going to do with the Cox Center? Will there be enough space in the new tower to finally knock it down?
    It will be torn down and a Champion Square of sorts will replace it.

With the advancement of NIL and the transfer portal, will it still be necessary to renovate the stadium considering there may no longer be football as we know it at G5 schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It will be torn down and a Champion Square of sorts will replace it.
    I'd like to see an all sports/Football museum a la UNC and other schools...

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Jay, I have a question: will they be tearing down that old maintenance building or a/c building that is front of the Tigue? I sure hope so, it’s a real eye-sore. I would imagine they will build an all new ac system with the new tower.
    Bump…to see if anyone knows what they are going to be doing with this building:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Bump…to see if anyone knows what they are going to be doing with this building:
    It’s going bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s going bye bye
    That’s what I thought and hoped. Is that the official word? I can’t think of a reason why they’d keep it.

Doesn’t it hold the a/c for CF?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information