Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: the Napier portal?

1. Default Re: Current Cajuns players ?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Vic my question isn't about who the coach is and if he can keep them here. I am not saying any will pursue the move. It is a very easy question. Which players on this current team would Billy accept if they were to ask him to transfer. Which players talent would he see that would be good fit for the SEC if any.
    Ok, I read “which ones would he take” like which ones would he go after and convince to come with him as apposed to “which ones would he take” as which ones would he accept . . . Got it now.

Take as in steal vs Take as in accept.

Default Re: Current Cajuns players ?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Ok, I read “which ones would he take” like which ones would he go after and convince to come with him as apposed to “which ones would he take” as which ones would he accept . . . Got it now.

Take as in steal vs Take as in accept.
    Right. He actually can't go after any unless they contact him first. It would have to be the player asking the coach to transfer over not the coach asking the player to go with him.

I think Billy knows that the only way he goes to Florida on bad terms is if he encourages some of our best players to go with him. From what I know of Napier, he would encourage them to stay.

UL Football Re: Current Cajuns players ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    I think Billy knows that the only way he goes to Florida on bad terms is if he encourages some of our best players to go with him. From what I know of Napier, he would encourage them to stay.
    This.

Besides, if Billy can't recruit players who are generally better than the ones we have here to freaking Florida, he is not the coach or recruiter that we [and Florida] believe him to be.

Default Re: Napier Portal?

Billy is already after the LSU, Ole Miss, & Moo State commits.

Default Re: Napier Portal?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Billy is already after the LSU, Ole Miss, & Moo State commits.
    As he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    This.

Besides, if Billy can't recruit players who are generally better than the ones we have here to freaking Florida, he is not the coach or recruiter that we [and Florida] believe him to be.
    Well, that's only IF you believe Montrel Johnson was the 900th best player in his class. But yeah, Billy's got class & skills. Plus there is enough stuff going on at other places to help Billy poach other SEC talent which I'm sure will be as much fun for him as kicking ass on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Well, that's only IF you believe Montrel Johnson was the 900th best player in his class. But yeah, Billy's got class & skills. Plus there is enough stuff going on at other places to help Billy poach other SEC talent which I'm sure will be as much fun for him as kicking ass on the field.
    I think he would possibly take Max Mitchell before anyone.

This.

Almost spit out my coffee on that one. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Montrel was just an example of how recruits are ranked based on who is going after them. The facts are pretty plain to me. UL has flat out out done the best job of recruiting in this state over the past few years. So a lot of guys that are not so called "SEC talent" really are SEC caliber ball players. All of UL's running backs, their tight end, a couple of linemen, Lacey & several of their defenders are SEC caliber players. And that is no slight to the other guys. But as has been posted above, I doubt Billy will have to poach his own team for great talent when he will have so much other talent to poach, once he gets going.

But we have a championship to win first. So Let' go Cajuns!!!!

Max has already committed to the Senior Bowl. He’s going pro

I will worry about this after our new coach is hired.

If we hire Dan Lanning or Pete Golden [especially Lanning] Garner may not go anywhere.
    I hope you guys can pull Lanning. That would be the coup of the decade.

Default Re: the Napier portal?

No players will leave UL for UF.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatordadx4 View Post
    I hope you guys can pull Lanning. That would be the coup of the decade.
    He will land at Oklahoma.

Max Mitchell accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. He's following the best to Mobile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information