Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN “Lafayette” branding

1. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The rise of the Cajun podcasts is only happening because radio has failed in quantity and quality of Cajun coverage.
    No doubt. Poor mainstream business decisions have opened a door.

I am pleasantly surprised at the initial level of quality in the various Ragin' Cajuns podcasts.

2. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

The rise of the Cajun podcasts is only happening because radio has failed in quantity and quality of Cajun coverage.
    Actually correct on all points. Still a sports station should be clear to past Opelousas, New Iberia, Crowley, Abbeville, and Henderson

3. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No doubt. Poor mainstream business decisions have opened a door.

I am pleasantly surprised at the initial level of quality in the various Ragin' Cajuns podcasts.
    If I recall correctly the whole of Town Square is in trouble. ESPN 1420 was doing well individually.

4. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If I recall correctly the whole of Town Square is in trouble. ESPN 1420 was doing well individually.
    The latest moves on ESPN 14.20 are indicative of what caused the overall problems at TowSquare.

Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

The only problem there is casual fans have no clue about pod casts.

6. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Townsquare Media is currently $540 million in debt. Your statement about ESPN 1420 doing well on its own is simply not true. Without the support of income from its sister stations, they would have been off the air a long time ago.

8. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Heard through the grapevine that they plan to bring on another local host. They need to do something because the station is a shell of its former self.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Or too old to really understand what a pod cast is or how to access it. I'm truly upset with local programming. My morning and afternoon drives were directed around the times Stevie, Kevin, Scott and Jay (and sometimes Billy) were on air.

I'm as die hard a fan of all things Ragin Cajun as they come, but truly don't know what a pod cast is, where and when to listen.....

I know the radio shows had certain time frames, but does a pod cast have the same? And if not, then does it really matter if a person listens live?

Thanks for helping out this older generation.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Or too old to really understand what a pod cast is or how to access it. I'm truly upset with local programming. My morning and afternoon drives were directed around the times Stevie, Kevin, Scott and Jay (and sometimes Billy) were on air.

I'm as die hard a fan of all things Ragin Cajun as they come, but truly don't know what a pod cast is, where and when to listen.....

I know the radio shows had certain time frames, but does a pod cast have the same? And if not, then does it really matter if a person listens live?

Thanks for helping out this older generation.
    I’m with ya. There are a few that get posted here. Can listen anytime you want. Once you get comfortable with the connecting off this site, you can go to a site like Spotify and link up there and even find other topics you may be interested. Someone younger than I may explain it better.

You can listen anywhere. I’m with you regarding drive time and you knew who was on where and when. Have satellite radio but most days meh.

I’ve gone to listening to the Bible while driving more than 15 minutes. Helps me wave at my fellow motorists with all my fingers.

I want podcasts to be shorter. I need an episode to be 40 minutes max. Too much rambling in most of them.

My .02

12. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

I enjoy the rambling. It’s interesting sidebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ESPN "Lafayette" KNOWS how far their signal reaches.

I hope Learfield awards broadcasts to someone with a stronger signal next round.
    +

14. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I want podcasts to be shorter. I need an episode to be 40 minutes max. Too much rambling in most of them.

My .02
    Most of ours are between 40 minutes and 1 hour.

15. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post

My .02
    I've been listening to podcasts since 2008.
    Computer 2008-2012
    Comp & Ph 2012-2021

It's not the length, it's the content.

Your point about rambling is spot on.

A podcast player remembers where you left off and waits for your return.

Grover podcast app is a good app for Windows computers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information