Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN “Lafayette” branding

Tickets ESPN “Lafayette” branding

https://twitter.com/espnlafayette/st...796869123?s=21

This is just an appreciation post for the UL podcasts.

2. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    https://twitter.com/espnlafayette/st...796869123?s=21

This is just an appreciation post for the UL podcasts.
    I guess Louisiana is the “and much more”

3. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

ESPN "Lafayette" KNOWS how far their signal reaches.

I hope Learfield awards broadcasts to someone with a stronger signal next round.

Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

I tried to listen to ESPN "Lafayette" the other morning. It's really bad. The host they have in the mornings, dude is trying and working hard, but just can't listen.

I just default to Big Al on KBON or IPA on 96.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ESPN "Lafayette" KNOWS how far their signal reaches.

I hope Learfield awards broadcasts to someone with a stronger signal next round.
    Terrestrial radio is experiencing a slow death. Signal strength has nothing to do with who listens. It's all going to be on apps. There was a push for high def radio a while back. That died a quick death when pod casts and online apps took over.

Go try to buy a clock radio with an alarm. They may be out there but they are few and far between. If you like the one you got you better keep it.

6. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Terrestrial radio is experiencing a slow death. Signal strength has nothing to do with who listens. It's all going to be on apps. There was a push for high def radio a while back. That died a quick death when pod casts and online apps took over.

Go try to buy a clock radio with an alarm. They may be out there but they are few and far between. If you like the one you got you better keep it.
    The person or persons in charge of their marketing are still thinking terestial or they would have come up with a more encompassing name.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The person or persons in charge of their marketing are still thinking terestial or they would have come up with a more encompassing name.
    Since ESPN radio went on the air, the majority of the affiliates have used ESPN with the market designation. ESPN 1420 refused to do it at the time and ESPN Radio wasn't happy about it. But they couldn't do anything about it.

With the rebranding, they are only doing what most of the other stations in America are doing. You shouldn't read anything into it.

Dont even care about signal strength. ESPN "Lafayette" had me at "tune in as we discuss all things LSU"

9. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Since ESPN radio went on the air, the majority of the affiliates have used ESPN with the market designation. ESPN 1420 refused to do it at the time and ESPN Radio wasn't happy about it. But they couldn't do anything about it.

With the rebranding, they are only doing what most of the other stations in America are doing. You shouldn't read anything into it.
    I guess I'm more familiar with "The Buzz, The Zone, Sports talk.

I know the FCC requires a top of the hour tower location, or at least they used to.

For area ESPN stations I read about ESPN Lehigh VALLEY, which made me think ESPN Acadiana or ESPN Louisiana would have had more potential for market share.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I tried to listen to ESPN "Lafayette" the other morning. It's really bad. The host they have in the mornings, dude is trying and working hard, but just can't listen.

I just default to Big Al on KBON or IPA on 96.5.
    Can’t be any worse than the morning show on 103.7. I tried listening this morning but after about 15 minutes I had to turn it off. The new producer for RP3’s show is terrible and brings absolutely nothing to the table.

On another note I actually enjoy Scott Prather’s show. Was good to hear Dr. Maggard on there this morning hyping up the game for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    Can’t be any worse than the morning show on 103.7. I tried listening this morning but after about 15 minutes I had to turn it off. The new producer for RP3’s show is terrible and brings absolutely nothing to the table.

On another note I actually enjoy Scott Prather’s show. Was good to hear Dr. Maggard on there this morning hyping up the game for tomorrow
    Local sports radio sucks these days. Had to stop listening. It's a shame

12. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

I have been vocal about this in previous posts. I listen to Scott, Foote, and Bandit on Sundays. Local radio in this area, during a time when UL needs coverage more than ever, is simply falling short. The "flagship" of UL athletics is down to very little local programming, which means even less UL coverage. I hope Learfield takes Townsquare to task and is methodical in their search for the next "flagship" after the current deal expires in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post

There were some good, interesting points brought up and questions answered. I wish Scott would just ask the questions without making a speech.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

In the case of ESPN Lafayette, it started as a slow death and has turned into a free fall. Sad part is their FM signal starts breaking up on Ambassador near the bridge.

The rise of the Cajun podcasts is only happening because radio has failed in quantity and quality of Cajun coverage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information