Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ESPN “Lafayette” branding

1. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I want podcasts to be shorter. I need an episode to be 40 minutes max. Too much rambling in most of them.

My .02
    This is not Houston, it’s Lafayette . . . Unless one works in BR or LC,the average commute to and from work is less than 20 minutes . . . shorter would definitely be better . . .

2. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is not Houston, it’s Lafayette . . . Unless one works in BR or LC,the average commute to and from work is less than 20 minutes . . . shorter would definitely be better . . .
    There is no need for a Podcast to have closure in one sitting.

Finish the listen on the way home.

3. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There is no need for a Podcast to have closure in one sitting.

Finish the listen on the way home.
    Nor is it either convenient or conducive to have to do it in 3 or 4 . . . It looses its effectiveness . . . it’s like a wet mask . . .

4. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Nor is it either convenient or conducive to have to do it in 3 or 4 . . . It looses its effectiveness . . . it’s like a wet mask . . .
    I cant breath through a wet mask, but I can pick up a story where it left off.

5. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

I cant breath through a wet mask, but I can pick up a story where it left off.
    but we all’ know that you are special . . . like no other . . .

Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m with ya. There are a few that get posted here. Can listen anytime you want. Once you get comfortable with the connecting off this site, you can go to a site like Spotify and link up there and even find other topics you may be interested. Someone younger than I may explain it better.

You can listen anywhere. I’m with you regarding drive time and you knew who was on where and when. Have satellite radio but most days meh.

I’ve gone to listening to the Bible while driving more than 15 minutes. Helps me wave at my fellow motorists with all my fingers.
    Thanks, Loved the last quote. LOL. Also, one of the things I liked and disliked at the same time, are the callers. Some where so interesting and gave great input, some were always going to get under the hosts skin and cause controversy, and some were the ones you just knew to change the station for about 3-4 minutes...With podcasts, I assume no call ins, correct? If not, I guess you really have to like listening to the host.

That kind of reminds me of Stevie P. the first hour of his show in which he didn't take callers until the 2nd hour. Nine times out of ten, I would flip through the stations until the 2nd hour, unless his commentary the first hour got me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Thanks, Loved the last quote. LOL. Also, one of the things I liked and disliked at the same time, are the callers. Some where so interesting and gave great input, some were always going to get under the hosts skin and cause controversy, and some were the ones you just knew to change the station for about 3-4 minutes...With podcasts, I assume no call ins, correct? If not, I guess you really have to like listening to the host.

That kind of reminds me of Stevie P. the first hour of his show in which he didn't take callers until the 2nd hour. Nine times out of ten, I would flip through the stations until the 2nd hour, unless his commentary the first hour got me interested.
    The analogy of Stevie P. Is spot on. Other than guests, it’s either facts or opinions being given. That’s the tricky part of podcasts. The few we have, right now things are great for UL. It’s to sustain is the trick after football. Find the hook to keep people coming back and not end up with a topic that’s akin to a rerun of the hosts opinions. And little things make a difference. Time markers should match the clock which is opposite the run time at the bottom. Especially if over an hour. Not everyone agrees with every host, so there is stuff that will be skipped over. It’s a work in progress for our guys, they’re all doing a commendable job. Their challenge is finding the niche market after football and finding that happy medium. IN GENERAL, happy is important. Droning on about something negative might keep a clique happy, but the bigger audience won’t be. That’s where the guys new at media have their work cut out. In general, Shawn Peyton and his QB situation…an hour of beating that dead horse is 50 minutes too much. Those who figure that out will retain listeners. Those who don’t will fade away. Things have been said about 1420 and Mr NBA on this site. Same holds true for podcasts, it’s just a different delivery system. Don’t drive a negative topic in the ground. Gen Z, it has been proven, has the shortest attention span of all living generations. That’s the new audience demographic, cater to them.

8. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Fast forward and rewind are nice features on podcasts.

I love all the podcast that these guys are doing and look forward to every single one.
    My problem with podcasts, in general, is they have to be sought out. Non-fans can't just stumble upon them and discover it like terrestrial radio.
    I suppose that's just the old man in me.

Fast forward and rewind are nice features on podcasts.
    Also you can listen on different speeds. I go 1.75x on most podcasts.

Plus that little fast forward button comes in handy for commercials.

So a 1 hr podcast usually take me no more than 30-35 min to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post

And you get the added benefit of MAT sounding like Alvin the Chipmunk.

12. Default Re: ESPN “Lafayette”

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post

On the good apps you can set your forward winds and back (rehear) buttons to a length to your liking.

oddly enough even though I've been listening to podcasts for 13 years I have never used the speed up feature. Then again, I don't think they have been around for 13 years. Some, smart, app writer got an epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I tried to listen to ESPN "Lafayette" the other morning. It's really bad. The host they have in the mornings, dude is trying and working hard, but just can't listen.

I just default to Big Al on KBON or IPA on 96.5.
    Thank you for your support.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information