Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New FB coach expectations

Default New FB coach expectations

Regardless who the Cajuns hire they will have a tough act to follow with the Cajuns getting 10+ wins in a row for 3 years. So what will we realistically expect the new coach to do?

2. Default Re: New FB coach expectations

C’mon man . . . Coach can’t call plays . . . QB can’t throw . . . Concession lines are long . . . QB is the 5th or 6th best in SBC . . . Cheese is cold . . . 10+ wins

3. Default Re: New FB coach expectations

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    C’mon man . . . Coach can’t call plays . . . QB can’t throw . . . Concession lines are long . . . QB is the 5th or 6th best in SBC . . . Cheese is cold . . . 10+ wins
    Try to compartmentalize.

You are obviously overwhelmed.

4. Default Re: New FB coach expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Try to compartmentalize.

You are obviously overwhelmed.
    This is a misconception . . . people give me way too much credit for caring . . .

Default Re: New FB coach expectations

There should be some here that expect us to win a national championship next year, because everything they complain about on saturdays is moving on.

I think we can maintain 10 win seasons in the current sunbelt. Our non conference schedule next year is probably similar if not weaker in strength to this year. We could very well run the table if we fill in some holes on the roster and staff properly.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Regardless who the Cajuns hire they will have a tough act to follow with the Cajuns getting 10+ wins in a row for 3 years. So what will we realistically expect the new coach to do?
    The expectation should be to make the right hire that allows us to continue on this pace or even better. It will be interesting to see how our recruiting finishes up and how many players return. A lot of that will be dependent on the coach who is hired.

Whoever we hire will be in a tough position. Billy has set a really high bar which, if we are honest with ourselves, is nearly impossible to maintain. The biggest mistake we, as a fan base, can make is to expect the transition to a new coach to be completely seamless and without hiccups.

It is reasonable for us to expect 8-10 wins next year. I think it is reasonable to expect us to win the Western Division again, as we have not lost a western division game in several years. It is not reasonable for us to expect 11 or more wins with a new coach, a new system and new on-field leaders on both sides of the ball.

BUTIf the transition is smooth, if the coach is successful in keeping existing players and recruits while adding a few great recruits himself and getting all involved to buy into his system and culture, then the sky is the limit. The bones are here for unlimited success. Let us all hope that our new coach, whoever he might be, can flesh out those bones and continue the Cajun Dynasty, building on the foundation laid by Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Competing for a championship every year is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Competing for a championship every year is a must.
    9-10 wins and a west division title every year is a minimum…. If you can’t sustain the success or recreate it every 2-3 years it is time to move on.

UL Football Re: New FB coach expectations

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    9-10 wins and a west division title every year is a minimum…. If you can’t sustain the success or recreate it every 2-3 years it is time to move on.
    Except for this, I agree. Change that to "be in in the hunt for the West Division Title every year, and win it at least every other year" and I completely agree that this is a reasonable expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Except for this, I agree. Change that to "be in in the hunt for the West Division Title every year, and win it at least every other year" and I completely agree that this is a reasonable expectation.
    That what my expectation would be

It's our conference to own, especially the west division. That is the expectation every year. Win the West, we're in the championship. Again, that should be the expectation every year. What that means in wins is up to debate, could be 7 wins or 8 wins.Wins are great, but Owning the West and playing in the CCG is always the expectation.

I expect to dominate the SBC. Period!!!! End of story!

This program, our facilities, and talent within an 8 hour drive enables us to dominate. That’s what I expect.

14. Default Re: New FB coach expectations

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

This program, our facilities, and talent within an 8 hour drive enables us to dominate. That’s what I expect.
    It’s the Cajun Gutfeld. . . PERIOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

I imagine App, JMU, Marshall, Coastal, and Ark St might have something to say about that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information