Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

1. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Is it just me? Every time I see CBN and CMD it looks like some fake news organization.
    It’s real . . . one left a hero . . . one may just stay a hero . . . imagine a university having the opportunity to make 2 Robe type hires in one’s lifetime . . . golden

2. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If all the coaches want Mike, will he have the gumption to fire any of them if need be?
    We are in hiring mode right now . . . Keep eye on the ball . . .

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    From Dr Maggard:

Our attention will now be given to a thorough search process that will allow us to identify the next Head Coach of Ragin' Cajuns Football. We will be committed to finding a coach who exemplifies the values of the University of Louisiana, the Department of Athletics, and the Cajun culture, an individual who prioritizes the academic success of our student-athletes, builds positive relationships with those he coaches, is a relentless recruiter, establishes tremendous rapport with Louisiana high school coaches, places a strong focus on player development, and is a proven winner. The #cULture has been established within our football program and its foundation is strong. Our next head coach will possess the ability to embrace this foundation, while continuing to strengthen it through the support of our leadership, fan base, and student-athletes.

Please identify what in this passage that CMD does not meet?
    I’d be willing to bet there are more qualities than just what was put in this short statement. There has to be a level of coaching experience he looks for. Also where has Dez been a “proven winner” at the college level. He’s worked for coaches and coordinators that are proven winners. He needs to move up the latter a bit in order to prove he can win at this level. JMO

4. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

I’d be willing to bet there are more qualities than just what was put in this short statement. There has to be a level of coaching experience he looks for. Also where has Dez been a “proven winner” at the college level. He’s worked for coaches and coordinators that are proven winners. He needs to move up the latter a bit in order to prove he can win at this level. JMO
    That is a very solid analysis. Many have the same one. CBN believes he is there now. If Dr. Maggard believes the same, we have a HC, if not, we will still have a great assistant coach right there with the new coach we hire, just like he was there for CBN . . . this is not hard . . . hiring the next CBN may be . . .

5. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

It’s real . . . one left a hero . . . one may just stay a hero
    Does this have anything to do with the Erath quarterback that went to McNeese and beat Desormeaux on the field?

Is it just me? Every time I see CBN and CMD it looks like some fake news organization.
    700 Club?

7. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

how nice would it be to watch CBN hand over the reins of Louisiana to CMD in the fourth quarter of the SCG with a 14 point lead . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Perfect age.
    If he was only 2 years older.

Does this have anything to do with the Erath quarterback that went to McNeese and beat Desormeaux on the field?
    I was at that game, and I remember it being played by two full teams. Maybe it’s just old age, I just don’t remember a one on one football game.

I know what I know about Des from a very reliable source. I have received no other serious candidates from that source. I’m sure others have been considered but have received no input as to where they stand. So, I know what I know and have shared what I know and So there is that . . .
    Bryan Maggard said he would not comment on the search and hire until an announcement is made. Not sure of your source but if he has real info it would have to come from Maggard. If Maggard did tell him anything I’m sure it was in complete confidence. AND HE TOLD YOU? Now that’s someone I would not trust.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I was at that game, and I remember it being played by two full teams. Maybe it’s just old age, I just don’t remember a one on one football game.
    I just remembered a bunch of turnovers.

12. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Bryan Maggard said he would not comment on the search and hire until an announcement is made. Not sure of your source but if he has real info it would have to come from Maggard. If Maggard did tell him anything I’m sure it was in complete confidence. AND HE TOLD YOU? Now that’s someone I would not trust.
    Calm down keymosabee . . . Let’s not be throwing little birdies under the bus . . . This is a great time for Louisiana

Derrick Fourroux

You are right. Just like with the hire of Coach Napier, we will not know who the new coach is until Dr. Maggard announces it.

Everything else is fluff and someones ideas. Of course, that's what makes these boards popular!

15. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad00 View Post
    Derrick Fourroux
    D Fourroux . . . the weather didn’t pan out . . .

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information