Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

1. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Or Mike could be the HC/OC. The rumor is that Tim is going to FL.
    Tim is not a rumor, you read that here.

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Maybe so. I hope you realize the responsibility for someone who has never called plays or managed the game in a college football game. Huge undertaking. Asking an awful lot of the young coach with no experience in either. Not sure where George Munoz is but if I were HC Dez he’d be one the first I’d call. He was on Os staff.
    Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Let’s think about this before we ____ on the idea..

-Every player or coach that has been around Napier and Des say the same thing: uncanny similarities between the two. Personality, moral compass, origin of their coaching career, family involvement in football, etc.
    -Des is a local guy. If the hire would work out, it would probably bode well in keeping him here longer if other schools started waving checks at him. We’ve all clamored for a long term coach to build the giant into a powerhouse. Des would be that candidate.
    -The players love Mike. And want him to stay here. And from what I have been able to learn, the staff that’s in place would mostly stay in tact if Des is hired as coach.
    -Des has been on the recruiting trail for 7 years. He knows the business and he’s good in a room. That I know from personal experience.
    -App St hired their OL coach to be head guy, and look at how well this is working for them. They’ve hired from within many times throughout the course of their porgram’s success.
    -Nothing will change. Des is Co-OC. He would run the same offense and manage the team the exact same way. I like the idea of consistency.
    -Community loves him. Local relationships are already in tact with HS coaches and players. I don’t we would lose many, if any, players that we’ve recruited to this point. That’s especially important with early signing day around the corner.

My only concern in this scenario is finding a good DC to replace PT. But again, Napier and PT and Ron Roberts are a phone call away for Des.

I don’t know man. The more I think about this, the more I actually like it.
    All good points. Agree 100%. If he just had a little more experience at coordinating the offensive side of the ball. I know he had the co title but we all know billy coordinated the O.

4. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

All good points. Agree 100%. If he just had a little more experience at coordinating the offensive side of the ball. I know he had the co title but we all know billy coordinated the O.
    C’mon KK, it’s time for you to buy in to my poem . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    All I know is.....there were tons of "In Maggard I trust" comments....until Des' name came up. LOL
    Yes, because a TE coach who has never coached at any other program is not qualified to take over a program that finds itself in a top 25 of the CFP.

Could he work out sure. But, he would be the weakest candidate on paper that could get hired.

Vic, this is a really interesting social experiment you are doing. Well done!

7. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yes, because a TE coach who has never coached at any other program is not qualified to take over a program that finds itself in a top 25 of the CFP.

Could he work out sure. But, he would be the weakest candidate on paper that could get hired.
    But off the charts on intangibles and the cULture . . . with what should be considered the most valuable endorsement out there . . .

So he gets an experienced OC. Napier had no experience on defense and that worked out pretty well.

9. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Vic, this is a really interesting social experiment you are doing. Well done!
    I do now and alway will want the best for MY University of Louisiana . . . right now, it’s looking like hiring CMD might be the best thing going in that respect . . .

At least that is what the little birdy has told me . . .

Seems to me Napier will be thumbs up or down on that. He would certainly know if Des is ready b

11. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Seems to me Napier will be thumbs up or down on that. He would certainly know if Des is ready b
    CBN is the biggest fish on the CMD for HC line . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    CBN is the biggest fish on the CMD for HC line . . .
    And you know this how?

13. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    And you know this how?
    Go see my poem . . . it is in post no. 1 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Go see my poem . . . it is in post no. 1 . . .
    Oh!! Another infamous anonymous source.

Man…y’all starting to really sell me on Mike D! I’ll be excited with whoever Maggard hires!

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information