Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You may be right. I would definitely not have any problems with mike as he is a high character all around good man. I’ll wait for results until I pass judgement on if it was the right move or not based on experience. Having said that here are just a couple quick observation.

1. Strictly from a resume stand point on coaching accomplishments it would be the least accomplished coach hired hired here with exception of maybe Baldwin. TE to Hc. (Don’t say co OC we know who the OC has been the last 5 years.)

2. This job obviously didn’t get the attention and the applicants we all thought it would. Maybe not as a desirable job as we would wish. Because there are some very good coaches out there with a resume similar to Billy Napier, that you’d think would be interested.

3. If Mike is the man and he has Billy type success he might be the only person in America willing to pass up the big bucks to stay in the area he has called home his whole life. That would be the perfect scenario
    A little house keeping. This job has got major attention.

I could see this after Bustle...or Hud. We need to rebuild and we have a young coach that has potential. Not after being a ranked program in consecutive years. That's selling our program short. Coaches with the right attitude (Like Napier's) should be fighting for this job.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A little house keeping. This job has got major attention.
    I think you are right. We just dont see the media attention since they are all focused on:
    ND
    LSU
    USC
    OC
    UF
    and other P5s
    ALL top tier (capable of a Natl Championship run) schools

4. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

You may be right. I would definitely not have any problems with mike as he is a high character all around good man. I’ll wait for results until I pass judgement on if it was the right move or not based on experience. Having said that here are just a couple quick observation.

1. Strictly from a resume stand point on coaching accomplishments it would be the least accomplished coach hired hired here with exception of maybe Baldwin. TE to Hc. (Don’t say co OC we know who the OC has been the last 5 years.)

2. This job obviously didn’t get the attention and the applicants we all thought it would. Maybe not as a desirable job as we would wish. Because there are some very good coaches out there with a resume similar to Billy Napier, that you’d think would be interested.

3. If Mike is the man and he has Billy type success he might be the only person in America willing to pass up the big bucks to stay in the area he has called home his whole life. That would be the perfect scenario
    Key difference.

Baldwin was more accomplished but was on a downward trajectory. He had been demoted twice by Denardo before becoming the dumb hire of the century.

Desormeaux is on an upward trajectory.

Lawd....As I'm reading this highly interesting thread and enjoying my evil twin burger, guess who walks through the door.... CMD. A gentleman sitting right next to me asks him point blank, "did you get your interview yet?" He smiled and said, "no, still waiting on that". Haha. Great timing.

He told me they had a good week of practice and are ready! Let's Geaux!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Lawd....As I'm reading this highly interesting thread and enjoying my evil twin burger, guess who walks through the door.... CMD. A gentleman sitting right next to me asks him point blank, "did you get your interview yet?" He smiled and said, "no, still waiting on that". Haha. Great timing.
    This “may be” the most accurate, factual and informative RP post of Maggard’s second time coaching search as compared to who we know Maggard is considering and will interview….the mystery continues LOL

8. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

I can read between the mustard, Maggard is looking to hire Napier's Evil Twin.

Had the evil twin burger yesterday, as a matter of fact. My treat to myself after a good check-up/cleaning with my dentist.

10. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Does anyone really think the interview would in any way diminish CMD’s chances of getting the job when it comes to that time in the process?

11. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I can read between the mustard, Maggard is looking to hire Napier's Evil Twin.
    CMD has way too much hair to fit that Bill . . .

That article yesterday said Pete Golding was a top candidate. Deep down I think there a few more young P5 coordinators that have applies

Horchak just put on Twitter that Golding is number one candidate after that article yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    1. Personal opinion, Mike needs other experience.

2. If Dr. Maggard thinks he is ready, I'm 100% on board.

3. Lot's of yo yo's on other fan boards thought Napier wasn't ready for LSU or Florida. We know him better, and therefore know better.

4. Maggard and CBN know Dezmo better, and therefore know better than us if he is ready.

5. I still doubt it's him, I'm guessing a smokescreen to keep us occupied.
    No smoke screen. All this was created by Vic and people jumped on. Of course it will be someone with more experience and a deeper resume.

15. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

No smoke screen. All this was created by Vic and people jumped on. Of course it will be someone with more experience and a deeper resume.
    Please, please, please don’t disrespect the little bird . . . Sometimes his poop is invaluable . . .

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information