Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Now, you're smart enough to know that no one worth his salt hires based just on a resume.
    Just ask George O'leary or Glynn Cyprien

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Who leaked that to Buckley? The VP said it was going to be confidential.
    Vic

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Say we hire Desormeaux and the staff stays together for one year. Then Patrick Toney leaves. What connections will Des use to find a replacement?
    I mentioned this already. Toney was not going to be here next year if billy had stayed. His wife is the cheer coach here and she resigned a month ago and stated they were moving.

4. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

A few days ago a poster comes on RP claiming CBN was forced to take MD against his will.

A couple or so days later that posters nemesis starts a thread claiming MD is CBN's favorite coach of all time even though he won't invite him to be on his staff.

I see a pattern

Serious question? Many people that are championing Des for next head coach were always dead set against Louie Cook when his name was brought up. (Not saying I was necessarily for him either) But Louie checked every box Mike checks and more. He was a very successful OC here, many say one of the best offensive minds to ever step foot on that field. He was a hell of a recruiter in the exact same area that Des works. And all he ever did was win where ever he was. NOW. If your answer is strictly because of records when they were assistants don't forget Louie was an independent for much of his career here and his schedules looked like he was splitting time between the SEC and the Big 12. If that staff played in a league with todays schedule they too would have had many 1 lose seasons.

So if you are one that was dead set against Cook when Baldwin or Bustle got hired and are for Des that would be a little hypocritical.

Just a thought I had when reading all these comments.

6. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Just ask George O'leary or Glynn Cyprien
    Errol Rogers the elder.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You’re also smart enough to know that Mike Desormeaux is a hellova coach. But who will fill out his staff when some guys are poached?

What’s his connections throughout college football? Ron Roberts leaving Baylor to become DC here again?

I agree that Desormeaux should be the HC of the Cajuns. Just not now. He should follow Napier to Florida, expand his coaching footprint and build more relationships at a larger program and then, take over as the HC of The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.
    Keep in mind that if Mike is the head coach who ever he retains also has relationships in the business and they know other coaches also. Any openings we need filled we will have tons of coaches applying. Getting coaches here will be easier than retaining them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    My hope for Des is that he is still on the staff next season, one way or another. He can spread the brand and recruit.
    Des will be here, as will Troy unless Mike follows Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A few days ago a poster comes on RP claiming CBN was forced to take MD against his will.

A couple or so days later that posters nemesis starts a thread claiming MD is CBN's favorite coach of all time even though he won't invite him to be on his staff.

I see a pattern
    I never said he was forced against his will. I said Coach Napier was told Mike was being retained and he needed to find a spot for him along with Troy. That is a fact. I never saw a post from anyone saying Mike was Coach Napier favorite coach of all time, nor do you know if Mike was invited to join the staff but he turned it down because he may have a better opportunity here.

Serious question? Many people that are championing Des for next head coach were always dead set against Louie Cook when his name was brought up. (Not saying I was necessarily for him either) But Louie checked every box Mike checks and more. He was a very successful OC here, many say one of the best offensive minds to ever step foot on that field. He was a hell of a recruiter in the exact same area that Des works. And all he ever did was win where ever he was. NOW. If your answer is strictly because of records when they were assistants don't forget Louie was an independent for much of his career here and his schedules looked like he was splitting time between the SEC and the Big 12. If that staff played in a league with todays schedule they too would have had many 1 lose seasons.

So if you are one that was dead set against Cook when Baldwin or Bustle got hired and are for Des that would be a little hypocritical.

Just a thought I had when reading all these comments.
    Cook isn't up to par on the college game now. That game has long passed him by.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Cook isn't up to par on the college game now. That game has long passed him by.
    The game has been simplified since Louie Cook’s heyday at the collegiate level.

All I know , all of Mags hires has been shock picks that no one saw coming . History says he won't change his thought process.

This is getting so, so SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    All I know , all of Mags hires has been shock picks that no one saw coming . History says he won't change his thought process.
    I’d say Des would be a pretty shocking hire that nobody saw coming

15. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    This is getting so, so SLC.
    You seem frustrated about a little bird singing great things for Louisiana.

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information