Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If hiring from within is the only way to keep most of this staff together, including Toney, I could get on board with this.

We don't want retreads. We don't need splash hires. We need what is best for the cULture.
    Toney was going even if billy was going to be here. His wife resigned from cheer coach a month ago and said they wouldn’t be back. Pretty sure Seagrest is going with billy. Leger would probably stay and then Dez would have to convince coordinators and assistants to come who have more experience than he. I could see it being a tough sell. But doc knows way more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Toney was going even if billy was going to be here. His wife resigned from cheer coach a month ago and said they wouldn’t be back. Pretty sure Seagrest is going with billy. Leger would probably stay and then Dez would have to convince coordinators and assistants to come who have more experience than he. I could see it being a tough sell. But doc knows way more than me.
    Or Mike could be the HC/OC. The rumor is that Tim is going to FL.

I herd majority of players are in support of Dez being next HC

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I’d much rather Dan Lanning from Georgia than
    Pete Golding.
    I’d rather him too but he’s a target at oklahoma supposedly and makes almost 2 mil at georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeo View Post
    I herd majority of players are in support of Dez being next HC
    The coach staffing is also.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I’d rather him too but he’s a target at oklahoma supposedly and makes almost 2 mil at georgia
    He makes $1.25 mil...makes less than Golding.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    From Bama DC to UL head coach ? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he can handle the Sunbelt. Whether or not he'd even consider coming here, we'll see.
    Just because they have been at Bama doesn’t mean they are ready to be a HC.

8. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Let’s think about this before we ____ on the idea..

-Every player or coach that has been around Napier and Des say the same thing: uncanny similarities between the two. Personality, moral compass, origin of their coaching career, family involvement in football, etc.
    -Des is a local guy. If the hire would work out, it would probably bode well in keeping him here longer if other schools started waving checks at him. We’ve all clamored for a long term coach to build the giant into a powerhouse. Des would be that candidate.
    -The players love Mike. And want him to stay here. And from what I have been able to learn, the staff that’s in place would mostly stay in tact if Des is hired as coach.
    -Des has been on the recruiting trail for 7 years. He knows the business and he’s good in a room. That I know from personal experience.
    -App St hired their OL coach to be head guy, and look at how well this is working for them. They’ve hired from within many times throughout the course of their porgram’s success.
    -Nothing will change. Des is Co-OC. He would run the same offense and manage the team the exact same way. I like the idea of consistency.
    -Community loves him. Local relationships are already in tact with HS coaches and players. I don’t we would lose many, if any, players that we’ve recruited to this point. That’s especially important with early signing day around the corner.

My only concern in this scenario is finding a good DC to replace PT. But again, Napier and PT and Ron Roberts are a phone call away for Des.

I don’t know man. The more I think about this, the more I actually like it.

9. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The coach staffing is also.
    Heart hires start fires.

When its announced everyone will be saying wow 🤩
    Everyone thinks they have their source ( Bird ) or whatever but only a couple people know facts!!!
    I don't have a source but every hire we have seen so far this year has been a WOW factor !!!
    I don’t think a maintain hire will fill the new stadium !!!
    We Need The Stadium now and that Wow to get the Attendance where it needs to be!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Just because they have been at Bama doesn’t mean they are ready to be a HC.
    Reference Sarkasian (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Let’s think about this before we ____ on the idea..

-Every player or coach that has been around Napier and Des say the same thing: uncanny similarities between the two. Personality, moral compass, origin of their coaching career, family involvement in football, etc.
    -Des is a local guy. If the hire would work out, it would probably bode well in keeping him here longer if other schools started waving checks at him. We’ve all clamored for a long term coach to build the giant into a powerhouse. Des would be that candidate.
    -The players love Mike. And want him to stay here. And from what I have been able to learn, the staff that’s in place would mostly stay in tact if Des is hired as coach.
    -Des has been on the recruiting trail for 7 years. He knows the business and he’s good in a room. That I know from personal experience.
    -App St hired their OL coach to be head guy, and look at how well this is working for them. They’ve hired from within many times throughout the course of their porgram’s success.
    -Nothing will change. Des is Co-OC. He would run the same offense and manage the team the exact same way. I like the idea of consistency.
    -Community loves him. Local relationships are already in tact with HS coaches and players. I don’t we would lose many, if any, players that we’ve recruited to this point. That’s especially important with early signing day around the corner.

My only concern in this scenario is finding a good DC to replace PT. But again, Napier and PT and Ron Roberts are a phone call away for Des.

I don’t know man. The more I think about this, the more I actually like it.
    If Mike gets the job those guys you listed may help him find a guy for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He makes $1.25 mil...makes less than Golding.
    Just got a raise this year to 1.7

14. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

My little poem has Jay on board

My little poem has MAT on board

My little poem says CBN is on board

My little poem has the players on Board

Looks like my little birdy might be on to something here . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Or Mike could be the HC/OC. The rumor is that Tim is going to FL.
    Maybe so. I hope you realize the responsibility for someone who has never called plays or managed the game in a college football game. Huge undertaking. Asking an awful lot of the young coach with no experience in either. Not sure where George Munoz is but if I were HC Dez he’d be one the first I’d call. He was on Os staff.

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information