Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    8 win season, conference championship, 3 winning seasons in a row.
    Bring him on lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Would someone please start a hire Louis Cook thread! No coaching search would be complete without at least one.
    Or ron guidry.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We aren’t fixing anything. this hire is different than when Napier was hired, we are in a different place. Mike checks all the boxes that Maggard mentioned for this hire.
    Correct.

4. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    All I know , all of Mags hires has been shock picks that no one saw coming . History says he won't change his thought process.
    ninacajun spotted Napier on Dec 3rd 2017

Maggard announced Napier's hiring on December 15, 2017

5. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Don’t tell me you can’t read either . . .
    Napier was assistant HC at two schools.

Widely considered to be one of America's top recruiters and offensive minds.

Napier had been instrumental in two National Championships at Alabama in 2011 and 2015 and has coached in 11 bowl games.

Napier was an Associate Head Coach

Napier guided the Sun Devil offense to the 14th highest-graded offense in the FBS

10th highest-graded passing attack in the nation.

Napier, tied for first nationally in converting on 95.83 percent of its red zone appearances

ASU was 11th nationally in red zone touchdown scoring with 36 touchdowns on those 48 attempts

Napier also served as Clemson's recruiting coordinator.

Napier called plays.

6. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Napier was assistant HC at two schools.

Widely considered to be one of America's top recruiters and offensive minds.

Napier had been instrumental in two National Championships at Alabama in 2011 and 2015 and has coached in 11 bowl games.

Napier was an Associate Head Coach

Napier guided the Sun Devil offense to the 14th highest-graded offense in the FBS

10th highest-graded passing attack in the nation.

Napier, tied for first nationally in converting on 95.83 percent of its red zone appearances

ASU was 11th nationally in red zone touchdown scoring with 36 touchdowns on those 48 attempts

Napier also served as Clemson's recruiting coordinator.

Napier called plays.
    Find me where Maggard said any of this was a box for this hire?

7. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

You could put Napier's name next to those accomplishments, MD is connected to Napier's accomplishments, but his name isn't on them. Napier held the reigns too tight for him to be a protege.

Well, he didn’t. But I think it’s a pretty safe bet that if you have two individuals one of whom checks all the boxes but has no experience as an offensive coordinator or head coach, and the other who checks all the boxes and does have successful experience as either a coordinator or head coach, then the latter person probably has a leg up on the first person.

9. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

"Boxes checked" is a phrase Jay used.

Reasons for the hire are what Maggard rattles off when making the hire.

10. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Well, he didn’t. But I think it’s a pretty safe bet that if you have two individuals one of whom checks all the boxes but has no experience as an offensive coordinator or head coach, and the other who checks all the boxes and does have successful experience as either a coordinator or head coach, then the latter person probably has a leg up on the first person.
    My response to that is Maggard along with Napier have built a cULture here which is probably as important as anything to the success of Napier at Louisiana and the only candidate who has that cULture is CMD.

So, Dr Maggard has a choice to make, does he go with the more experienced resume or with the coach endorsed by CBN to take his place and who was under CBN for the 4 years when CBN and Maggard developed the cULture . . .

11. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

From Dr Maggard:

Our attention will now be given to a thorough search process that will allow us to identify the next Head Coach of Ragin' Cajuns Football. We will be committed to finding a coach who exemplifies the values of the University of Louisiana, the Department of Athletics, and the Cajun culture, an individual who prioritizes the academic success of our student-athletes, builds positive relationships with those he coaches, is a relentless recruiter, establishes tremendous rapport with Louisiana high school coaches, places a strong focus on player development, and is a proven winner. The #cULture has been established within our football program and its foundation is strong. Our next head coach will possess the ability to embrace this foundation, while continuing to strengthen it through the support of our leadership, fan base, and student-athletes.

Please identify what in this passage that CMD does not meet?

From Dr Maggard:

Our attention will now be given to a thorough search process that will allow us to identify the next Head Coach of Ragin' Cajuns Football. We will be committed to finding a coach who exemplifies the values of the University of Louisiana, the Department of Athletics, and the Cajun culture, an individual who prioritizes the academic success of our student-athletes, builds positive relationships with those he coaches, is a relentless recruiter, establishes tremendous rapport with Louisiana high school coaches, places a strong focus on player development, and is a proven winner. The #cULture has been established within our football program and its foundation is strong. Our next head coach will possess the ability to embrace this foundation, while continuing to strengthen it through the support of our leadership, fan base, and student-athletes.

Seeing as I do not know the young man, I have no idea. However, that is assuming that he is the only person in the whole country who would understand the culture and history of the universities football team. I do not believe that to be the case.

From Dr Maggard:

Seeing as I do not know the young man, I have no idea. However, that is assuming that he is the only person in the whole country who would understand the culture and history of the universities football team. I do not believe that to be the case.
    The whole current staff under the cULture.

15. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Being that Dr Maggard knows this young man about as well as he knows any coach in the nation and CBN who this young man has coached under for the last 4 years is here championing CMD for head coach, I have all I need to know to believe that he is qualified to be the next HC to lead Louisiana in the future . . .

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information