Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

1. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

CBN says he got this . . . Who are we to question . . .

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    It might be a weakness, but these coaches all go to coaching clinics and who knows what contacts Mike might have. He has been in the college football game for a while now and I think just because he has that one flaw doesn’t mean he is qualified to carry on the cULture of winning.
    I think Mike is a very good coach and even a better man. I've watched his career since he was in high school. The bottom line is if he were to get this job he would have a lesser resume than the last 3 coaches we hired. 2 were coordinators at the P5 level and the other a college head coach and assistant at the P5 level. If this job is more attractive today than it was when Napier took over, why would we go backwards from an experience standpoint. If Dez is the best resume we've received for the job then our program has not advanced any in the eyes of the applicants.

Let me be clear I think it has and guys with tons of experience are pursuing this job. I do hope whoever gets it keeps Mike and Tim on staff if they want to remain here.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Why would you hope it isn't true?
    My older sons played for him at Ascension and I have a younger son who I would also like to play under him. Matt that is, not Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You should maybe not talk to birds anymore.

Let’s say Mike is the man to get the job I can assure you the only people who know at this point are Docs Maggard and Savoie, mike and maybe their spouses.
    That is what Dr. Maggard said. Unless anyone hears it from his mouth it would be just speculation.

I think its Ron Roberts all the way. Surprised, people arent bringing up his name more often. I thought Roberts move to Baylor was to get him P5 experience once Nape would leave. Roberts will probably keep most of the current staff also which is what most of yall want anyway. Mags still needs to meet others just to be sure a bigger name wouldnt want the job though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    I think its Ron Roberts all the way. Surprised, people arent bringing up his name more often. I thought Roberts move to Baylor was to get him P5 experience once Nape would leave. Roberts will probably keep most of the current staff also which is what most of yall want anyway. Mags still needs to meet others just to be sure a bigger name wouldnt want the job though.
    I was under the impression that Ron didn't want to be a head coach anymore. Has something changed with that?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I have heard it straight from a little bird
    That a coach on staff is the most recent word
    Napier came back for things unfinished
    His clout over here remains undiminished
    We are tight with money with all that has happened
    It is this guy that Napier came back and has championed
    Open your eyes and enjoy the show
    We are about to be led by Mike Desormeaux.

Okay Mike, cool your horses. You may need a little more seasoning before you can take the reins of this multi-million dollar business. And please stop using CajunVic's sign in.

There has never been a better option QB than DeSormeaux. I so wish he could install his mental philosophy into Levi's head for the last two games. This offense would then score on 99% of their possessions. Just my opinion.

oh possibly, i have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I loved Mike Desormeaux as a Cajun player. I love him as a coach on staff here. I do not want him as head coach here at this time. He needs to spend some time elsewhere to broaden his experience base, then come back when our next HC gets taken by a top tier P5.
    THIS

Finally someone stirring the coaching search pot!

I love having one of the most competent ADs in the country, but it makes the coaching search boring knowing all we really have to do is wait for him….

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Okay Mike, cool your horses. You may need a little more seasoning before you can take the reins of this multi-million dollar business. And please stop using CajunVic's sign in.

There has never been a better option QB than DeSormeaux. I so wish he could install his mental philosophy into Levi's head for the last two games. This offense would then score on 99% of their possessions. Just my opinion.
    Has anyone ever had a better ball fake? He was a magician.

Not sure that Mike is on rp using someone else log in. LOL

13. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

The fact that Mike never taught Levi the art of the fake handoff tells me he still needs to work on his coaching skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The fact that Mike never taught Levi the art of the fake handoff tells me he still needs to work on his coaching skills.
    Well he isn't the QB coach at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Maybe CBN chose not to run true zone read plays….

Maybe not everyone can be coached up to the same level in all aspects…

I also think MD needs more seasoning, but the fact LL doesn’t run the read option as well as one of the best ever does not indicate a problem with our TIGHT ENDS coach.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information