Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

I would not be at all surprised if Mike is our bowl game head coach. Doubt he is our 2022 head coach. Perhaps Vic’s rumor involves being the leader for the bowl game. He was the interim coach in between Hudspeth and Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Mike has a better chance of being the head coach at CHS. It will be either him or Matt when the parents finally get their wish and Wattigny is fired.
    I’m hearing Matt to CHS also…hope it’s not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    He turned down Abbeville high before he got on the UL staff.

4. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He turned down Abbeville high before he got on the UL staff.
    Please stop derailing threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Why would you hope it isn't true?

6. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Why would you hope it isn't true?
    …..Just gotta find out whom Nap will/would ask and who would go if they could keep a same of better position here…..just about Des….loved that he played so many different positions including QB……has payed his learning dues……think that 4 years ago he was trusted as the interim HC to keep this whole damn thing together…..smart/articulate and really liked in the community….a real Cajun to coach the Ragin’ Cajuns…..draw backs in that he has never been a college HC and hasn’t hired or handled the $ part of the job, scheduling, and staff organization….,,,think Doc Mag and Win could handle a lot for him as the good really seems to outweigh the bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Just gotta find out whom Nap will/would ask and who would go if they could keep a same of better position here…..just about Des….loved that he played so many different positions including QB……has payed his learning dues……think that 4 years ago he was trusted as the interim HC to keep this whole damn thing together…..smart/articulate and really liked in the community….a real Cajun to coach the Ragin’ Cajuns…..draw backs in that he has never been a college HC and hasn’t hired or handled the $ part of the job, scheduling, and staff organization….,,,think Doc Mag and Win could handle a lot for him as the good really seems to outweigh the bad!
    He wouldn't need to handle scheduling.

I played football and went to school with Mike. He is very smart dude and good family man. He also knows how to win and was a really good high school coach. He has been in college football for a while now and was here throughout the Napier eraÂ… he knows the cULture and the system and he is a proven winner. If he is the choice I would be very happy for him and his family. If Maggard goes somewhere else to get a coach I would be fine with that tooÂ… Des has been a very important part of this staff with many contacts throughout Louisiana high school football and would be a good instate recruiter. This is a hard decision for Maggard, but I trust he will make the correct choice. Good news if Des is chosen and he continues to win at a high level he wonÂ’t be looking to run out of Lafayette too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I played football and went to school with Mike. He is very smart dude and good family man. He also knows how to win and was a really good high school coach. He has been in college football for a while now and was here throughout the Napier eraÂ… he knows the cULture and the system and he is a proven winner. If he is the choice I would be very happy for him and his family. If Maggard goes somewhere else to get a coach I would be fine with that tooÂ… Des has been a very important part of this staff with many contacts throughout Louisiana high school football and would be a good instate recruiter. This is a hard decision for Maggard, but I trust he will make the correct choice. Good news if Des is chosen and he continues to win at a high level he wonÂ’t be looking to run out of Lafayette too fast.
    All what you said is true. The huge down fall would be he’s never been outside of the Louisiana program as a college coach. Which means he hasn’t made the many connections with potential coordinators and assistants that you’d like your head coach to have.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I reported a poem then of what the bird told and I report a poem now what the board told.

I doubt there is much chance of a complete about face happening two times in a row, but KRAZYer things have happened.
    You should maybe not talk to birds anymore.

Let’s say Mike is the man to get the job I can assure you the only people who know at this point are Docs Maggard and Savoie, mike and maybe their spouses.

11. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You should maybe not talk to birds anymore.

Let’s say Mike is the man to get the job I can assure you the only people who know at this point are Docs Maggard and Savoie, mike and maybe their spouses.
    How do you know that is not the circle of birds I fly in?

12. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How do you know that is not the circle of birds I fly in?
    By where the poop drops?

13. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    By where the poop drops.
    These are new 2021 poopless pigeons . . . certainly this is the poop for which you refer

poop noun (INFORMATION)

the poop US old-fashioned slang

information:
    Did you get the poop on all the candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    All what you said is true. The huge down fall would be he’s never been outside of the Louisiana program as a college coach. Which means he hasn’t made the many connections with potential coordinators and assistants that you’d like your head coach to have.
    It might be a weakness, but these coaches all go to coaching clinics and who knows what contacts Mike might have. He has been in the college football game for a while now and I think just because he has that one flaw doesn’t mean he is qualified to carry on the cULture of winning.

I loved Mike Desormeaux as a Cajun player. I love him as a coach on staff here. I do not want him as head coach here at this time. He needs to spend some time elsewhere to broaden his experience base, then come back when our next HC gets taken by a top tier P5.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information