Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Now, you're smart enough to know that no one worth his salt hires based just on a resume.
    You’re also smart enough to know that Mike Desormeaux is a hellova coach. But who will fill out his staff when some guys are poached?

What’s his connections throughout college football? Ron Roberts leaving Baylor to become DC here again?

I agree that Desormeaux should be the HC of the Cajuns. Just not now. He should follow Napier to Florida, expand his coaching footprint and build more relationships at a larger program and then, take over as the HC of The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by C2C View Post
    When its announced everyone will be saying wow 🤩
    Everyone thinks they have their source ( Bird ) or whatever but only a couple people know facts!!!
    I don't have a source but every hire we have seen so far this year has been a WOW factor !!!
    I don’t think a maintain hire will fill the new stadium !!!
    We Need The Stadium now and that Wow to get the Attendance where it needs to be!!!!!!!
    CONSISTENT winning will eventually fill the new stadium, regardless of who the coach is. Just win (the right way) baby!!!!!

3. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You’re also smart enough to know that Mike Desormeaux is a hellova coach. But who will fill out his staff when some guys are poached?

What’s his connections throughout college football? Ron Roberts leaving Baylor to become DC here again?

I agree that Desormeaux should be the HC of the Cajuns. Just not now. He should follow Napier to Florida, expand his coaching footprint and build more relationships at a larger program and then, take over as the HC of The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.
    The bird would like to have a word with you . . .

My hope for Des is that he is still on the staff next season, one way or another. He can spread the brand and recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    So this thread is being used to make Buckley look even dumber than he already is....it all makes sense now!

While I'm not disagreeing with you, Mike has been a college football coach for six years. He's met many other coaches on the recruiting trail and I'm sure already has an idea as to who he might hire depending on what openings he has. And, if he needs advice, there's a guy in Florida that I'm sure is willing to help.

Yes, because a TE coach who has never coached at any other program is not qualified to take over a program that finds itself in a top 25 of the CFP.

Could he work out sure. But, he would be the weakest candidate on paper that could get hired.
    I'm not for or against Mike Desormeaux, or anyone else on the current staff. But if Dr. Maggard is looking for someone with a high moral compass, knows how to win and comes from a successful program, why would those traits only be found from outside of our Top 25 program? The best person for the job may (or may not) already be here. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by bbernard6 View Post
    So this thread is being used to make Buckley look even dumber than he already is....it all makes sense now!
    It ain't much, but it's honest work.

9. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    78 today, should be a hardly no clothes day . . . Skin, baby skin (not nudity)
    Definitely not, we know where that got you.

10. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Definitely not, we know where that got you.
    How could you of all people not see the humor in a dancing turkey . . .

Hope Mike gets it....."experience elsewhere blah blah blah Lets go Brandon". Essentially that is a good summary of what I read

Experience to lead has come to him the last decade....HIS PEER COACHES SEE THIS in spades. From Billy, Hudspeth Jay Johnson, Mike Roberts, Sale etc think of all the asst coaches he knows and has learned from the past decade. Even have Viator on staff now as an analyst.

It would be a high priority to bump Toney salary up to keep him another year or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    While I'm not disagreeing with you, Mike has been a college football coach for six years. He's met many other coaches on the recruiting trail and I'm sure already has an idea as to who he might hire depending on what openings he has. And, if he needs advice, there's a guy in Florida that I'm sure is willing to help.
    IMHO that is being extremely short sighted.

13. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Just because they have been at Bama doesn’t mean they are ready to be a HC.
    He’s got several college stops. Bama being the most notable and biggest step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Hope Mike gets it....."experience elsewhere blah blah blah Lets go Brandon". Essentially that is a good summary of what I read

Experience to lead has come to him the last decade....HIS PEER COACHES SEE THIS in spades. From Billy, Hudspeth Jay Johnson, Mike Roberts, Sale etc think of all the asst coaches he knows and has learned from the past decade. Even have Viator on staff now as an analyst.

It would be a high priority to bump Toney salary up to keep him another year or 2.
    Say we hire Desormeaux and the staff stays together for one year. Then Patrick Toney leaves. What connections will Des use to find a replacement?

15. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

I know they are spending other people's money but what is Desormeaux type worth before incentives?

$500G? $600G?

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information