Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Seriously no offense to Mike Desormeaux, but he would absolutely be a let down hire. Kinda like Orgeron at LSU.
    Might try to get someone cheap and hope the momentum train continues.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    If the Louisiana athletic department could bottle the excess testosterone on this site, we would rival University of Texas for income.... Truly a sight to behold....
    Excess testosterone is far more desirable then not enough, as the world will find out the hard way very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So about JMV, where are you on that?

Hey, did you read the post of Mr. Jay Walker?

I guess he is a troll also?
    Jay never said

"Open your eyes and enjoy the show
    We are about to be led by Mike Desormeaux."

4. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Might try to get someone cheap and hope the momentum train continues.
    Look at this guy . . . where did he get this . . . well in my poem of course . . . do you ever have an original thought?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Jay never said

Who made that claim?

6. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Jay never said

What about JMV?

JW . . . MD checks all the boxes . . . pretty darn strong . . .

So, for argument sake, why should CMD not be the next head coach if it is a given that he checks all the boxes . . . this question is not just for you but for all of those that have had a fit here about the posting of my great poem.

I will hang up and wait . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What about JMV?

So, for argument sake, why should CMD not be the next head coach if it is a given that he checks all the boxes . . . this question is not just for you but for all of those that have had a fit here about the posting of my great poem.

What about him? I dont like him either. Who the ____ cares?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I have said from the very beginning I believe Dr. Maggard will make the right choice.
    If Mike is his choice, it's the right move. Dr. Maggard is smarter and more informed than any of us on this board.

In Maggard I trust.
    Jay, I have no reason to disagree with any of your three assertions. And, like you, I trust Dr. Maggard immensely. I think Dr. Maggard is an excellent AD . . . one of the best G5 ADs in the country (if not the best). With that being said no one is infallible. So the decision isn't right simply because that's the one he makes. We'll know if the coaching decision was right several years from now.

There are examples of internal promotions going really well (e.g., Brad Stevens at Butler). And there are also examples of internal promotions going really poorly.

9. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

What about him? I dont like him either. Who the ____ cares?
    You told me you would run him off the board and shut him up. Those were your words, not mine. I'm waiting . . .

and what about my second, third and forth sentences?

That is what this thread is about.

Can you address that as opposed to wasting our time as a troll . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Jay, I have no reason to disagree with any of your three assertions. And, like you, I trust Dr. Maggard immensely. I think Dr. Maggard is an excellent AD . . . one of the best G5 ADs in the country (if not the best). With that being said no one is infallible. So the decision isn't right simply because that's the one he makes. We'll know if the coaching decision was right several years from now.

There are examples of internal promotions going really well (e.g., Brad Stevens at Butler). And there are also examples of internal promotions going really poorly.
    We would know sooner rather than later IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    As expected......

Remember a few days ago I mentioned this was unlike any coaching search we've ever done. For the first time, we aren't looking for someone to come in and "fix" stuff. We are looking for someone who can come in and sustain excellence.

I'm not hearing ANYTHING here in the athletic complex. Dr. Maggard is so close to the vest and his circle is pretty tiny.

I have no idea whether Mike is being seriously considered for the job. But I will make three statements.....

1. Saying someone has to leave here to be considered in the future is not valid in my opinion.

2. Mike checks all of Dr. Maggard's boxes

3. If he's the guy and you think we've USL'd this (as I predicted would happen) you are going to be very surprised.

I have said from the very beginning I believe Dr. Maggard will make the right choice.
    If Mike is his choice, it's the right move. Dr. Maggard is smarter and more informed than any of us on this board.

In Maggard I trust.
    Well Jay, I for one have been pretty vocal about Des not being a serious candidate. I have my reasons for thinking that. I feel this is possibly the most important football HC hire in our history. We have arrived to a position where we have the pick of the litter in a field of the best available coaches in the country! And hiring Des FEELS like USL'ing it. It does.
    However! LoL! I was just texting a buddy about this. The BEST thing about being a UL fan right now, is having the absolute confidence in our AD to make the best hire with the best fit for our program right now. Im OK with looking silly if Des is the hire, because well....I'll know its the best hire for us. And if that day comes and he is announced as the coach....I'll back him to the fullest and ride or die with him like a soldier! Because after all......what the frick do I know?

If hiring from within is the only way to keep most of this staff together, including Toney, I could get on board with this.

We don't want retreads. We don't need splash hires. We need what is best for the cULture.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Well Jay, I for one have been pretty vocal about Des not being a serious candidate. I have my reasons for thinking that. I feel this is possibly the most important football HC hire in our history. We have arrived to a position where we have the pick of the litter in a field of the best available coaches in the country! And hiring Des FEELS like USL'ing it. It does.
    However! LoL! I was just texting a buddy about this. The BEST thing about being a UL fan right now, is having the absolute confidence in our AD to make the best hire with the best fit for our program right now. Im OK with looking silly if Des is the hire, because well....I'll know its the best hire for us. And if that day comes and he is announced as the coach....I'll back him to the fullest and ride or die with him like a soldier! Because after all......what the frick do I know?
    That text looks familiar lol. What I sent you is legit.

14. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

So, for argument sake, why should CMD not be the next head coach if it is a given that he checks all the boxes . . . this question for all of those that have had a fit here about the posting of my great poem.

15. Default Re: Mike Desormeaux for Louisiana Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    That text looks familiar lol.
    I'm pretty sure you will be posting something similar to this shortly . . .

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information