Thread: What was your relationship like with your college coach, good or bad?

People What was your relationship like with your college coach, good or bad?

My interactions with college coaches have been excellent. Coach Husby was my football coach. He has taught me a great deal. It is because of him that I am where I am today. Believe me when I say that great coaches are well worth the investment. When we talk about overtraining, we must understand our limits and how to control the amount of work and sleep we get. I'd also like you to tell your college coach about your experience.

Default Re: What was your relationship like with your college coach, good or bad?

Nelson Stokley, greatest offensive mind in football period. His system would kill it in todays game.

But it was very complex.

Default Re: What was your relationship like with your college coach, good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Nelson Stokley, greatest offensive mind in football period. His system would kill it in todays game.

But it was very complex.
    Can you explain the philosophy for a lay-fan?

Coach Lancon was a great man. Coach LeMaire attended my wedding.

Greatly appreciate my college coaches.

5. Default Re: What was your relationship like with your college coach, good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

But it was very complex.
    I don't know if this falls under offensive or defensive or prevent mind but a major flaw (imo) is how he would punt from the opponents 39 then squibb kick to the 40 on kickoffs.

I think he would have benefitted from Napier's mindset in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Can you explain the philosophy for a lay-fan?
    It’s very hard to explain in layman’s terms. It was such a complex scheme.

7. Default Re: What was your relationship like with your college coach, good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Coach Lancon was a great man. Coach LeMaire attended my wedding.

Greatly appreciate my college coaches.
    ….My coaches loved me….I was good, could do a lot of things, and played my _____ off……it’s true!

Thread Information