Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So who is Josh Cole?

1. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Having heard you, I have no doubt. I want to know what you think about the new guy coming in once he's been announced & want to read what people think about who they should get. It's the whole damn engine that drives the bus. But it's kinda hard to do when you're getting haymakers thrown at you form the people who do the podcast. So how do I catch these podcasts? Can I get them on you tube?
    Our RSS: https://feeds.captivate.fm/ragin-review/

But its better to access on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, etc. Just download any of these apps (its free) and search Ragin Review. Tell your friends!

2. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Josh, are you kin to Jimmy?

Plenty of Jimmy's in my family.

3. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Plenty of Jimmy's in my family.
    Jimmy Cole a long time radio guy in Lafayette KVOL etc

4. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Jimmy Cole a long time radio guy in Lafayette KVOL etc
    Oh no, not mine.

Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

I actually agree with BWK to an extent. I recently went on a trip to Houston with a friend of mine who is not much of a sports fan. While driving back, his aunt called him on the cell phone. She is a long time LSU fan and lives near Franklin. She called him to tell him how much fun she and her friend had attending the Ragin Cajun vs App State football game. This is someone who has never attended a football game at Cajun field before this season. There is a good chance she will come back (and I think she has been back) to Cajun field and spend money and support the Cajuns. There is nothing wrong with this and every fan we gain is helpful. They buy tickets and concessions, talk about the games to friends, etc. All of this is helpful to the Cajun culture.

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Oh Lord, kumbaya
    HE works in mysterious ways.

Have not been following this, so tell, me, is it safe enough to unblock CV and BWK?

It doesn't matter bro. It's the same same.
    Have you considered that whatever call in show persona (and to be fair I have never heard you on one of those) you have cultivated is not appropriate for a completely different forum such as this? You almost seem like two people. Like you turn on that grating, know it all side and then are shocked that people swing back. Maybe leave Bandwagonking for the call in shows, when you receive limited direct blowback, and use more of the Kyle for the forums. I do think you have an interesting perspective on things, unfortunately buried sometimes.

To your actual points, I fully agree that converting a new, larger, maybe initially less intensely loyal following is in UL's best interest. I definitely do not suggest or condone blasting anyone who has divided loyalties to UL and any other school. But, I draw the line at having to eat ____ from LSU fans in the off chance they may one day come to their senses.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    But, I draw the line at having to eat ____ from LSU fans in the off chance they may one day come to their senses.
    You're like a million percent right. No argument from me on that. Anyone who comes with the LSU is better than UL smack deserves to be back handed. But you don't have to throw em down in the street & prison rape em. One back hand deserved, one back hand given. And don't just turn in disgust. Use your opening as an opportunity to educate, cultivate, inform, teach & grow this person whether on the air, internet, or in person. You should remember you are smarter than they are. Take pity on your poor suffering brother from another mother. This is UL's time. For two years now UL hasn't been even with LSU in men's football. They've been better. And all that NIL crap along with the transfer portal is going to destroy the P-5 conferences. It might sound like an advantage for them. But when you really think a bout it, it is program destroying fruit.

You're like a million percent right. No argument from me on that. Anyone who comes with the LSU is better than UL smack deserves to be back handed. But you don't have to throw em down in the street & prison rape em. One back hand deserved, one back hand given. And don't just turn in disgust. Use your opening as an opportunity to educate, cultivate, inform, teach & grow this person whether on the air, internet, or in person. You should remember you are smarter than they are. Take pity on your poor suffering brother from another mother. This is UL's time. For two years now UL hasn't been even with LSU in men's football. They've been better. And all that NIL crap along with the transfer portal is going to destroy the P-5 conferences. It might sound like an advantage for them. But when you really think a bout it, it is program destroying fruit.
    I less than 1000 words (please, for the love of god :-)) explain your theory on how the NIL will destroy the P5.

I think LONG term a 16 team playoff would largely levelize the conferences, but it would take a long time and they will also NEVER agree to 16 teams anyway.

I less than 1000 words (please, for the love of god :-)) explain your theory on how the NIL will destroy the P5.

I think LONG term a 16 team playoff would largely levelize the conferences, but it would take a long time and they will also NEVER agree to 16 teams anyway.
    I'm interested in why you think that. It hasn't worked in basketball.....

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I'm interested in why you think that. It hasn't worked in basketball.....
    Fair point. But teams have moved from Cinderella to national powers in basketball (Gonzaga) because of the 64 team playoff.

I think with the transfer portal and the current tendency of kids to jump programs if they don't get playing time.....if all teams had a shot at the championship, that could be a strong draw for borderline P5 kids. If and as more current mid level teams have success in the playoffs, the chance to play+actually play for a champion will help levelize, at least the upper G5 programs with the mid to low level P5s.

I'm gonna give y'all an example. Everyone of you guys knows good & damn well you're gonna see people wearing LSU colors at that game Saturday. You might see 5, you might see 50, you might see a couple of hundred. Don't sweat it. If it's me, I just make a conscious effort to go up to them & congratulate them for being smart enough to see the best team in Louisiana play ball today. And let them know there's always room on the bandwagon when they want to quit getting screwed by their administration while they overpay their coaches to underachieve & wish them well.

Tell them you'll be praying they're coach doesn't fall & break his hip before the season starts. There are ways to let them know your AD kicks their AD's ass for a dime on the dollar & you aren't being destroyed financially because of it. You might even tell them You're sorry to hear about the LSU ticket prices & TAF fees being doubled again. Because they're gonna be. That would be what I call digging right into the wallet & ripping the heart out without any external bleeding taking place.

I'm gonna give y'all an example. Everyone of you guys knows good & damn well you're gonna see people wearing LSU colors at that game Saturday. You might see 5, you might see 50, you might see a couple of hundred.
    Vic has 4 friends coming to the game with him? Woooo!

Should be an easy win for someone in the Vic Challenge - Championship Edition.

Disclaimer: I don't really have a grasp of what it entails, but from what I gather players are going to get paid based on their branding value? And these are 18 & 19 year old people, correct? And you're gonna pay the hot shot QB 100,000 & the WR 50,000 & the CB 30,000 & the offensive line don't get jack ____? The defensive tackle gets bupkus? the Linebacker gets 5000? And their all in the same locker room, or at a hotel 1000 miles away with nothing else to talk about but who's getting paid & who isn't? Just guessing, but how do you think that turns out? I think it's gonna get really really ugly really really quick. I'm thinking Pandora's box ugly with some programs.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information