Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So who is Josh Cole?

Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I will second that! I smile every time i know he's commenting into the ether! The board is so much more enjoyable now.
    Oh yeah my thread feeds are way smaller now. That invisible mode also helps out when you dont have guys tracking you down to comment on your every post. I enjoy those guys talking to themselves.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Our RSS: https://feeds.captivate.fm/ragin-review/

But its better to access on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, etc. Just download any of these apps (its free) and search Ragin Review. Tell your friends!
    So I went to the first one & naturally the content is interesting. Just to add to what the commentators were saying, because this got confirmed today. After the other guys didn't give Billy serious consideration, they were definitely left at the altar by Lincoln Riley & had to scramble to get Brian Kelly whom they are now married to for better or worse. He has a 100 million dollar deal which is 100% guaranteed unless cause is shown, then it is 90% guaranteed, plus bonuses. IOW, LSU fan is on the hook for 117 million dollars plus bonuses in head coaching fees over the next ten years. Complete & utter madness.

So it's a good podcast, but it would be cool if you guys were on camera & could people could see the faces. Also live interaction makes a lot of other people's podcasts I've had to endure over the last several days a lot more entertaining. Just some suggestions, but your content is excellent. And not sure if it's a money thing concerning you tube. But you guys would have been barnstormed with subscribers & likes the last week, or so with the news about Coach Napier. It is definitely a great tool for people wanting to know more about everything in UL athletics & how it relates to the rest of the college world.

4. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So it's a good podcast, but it would be cool if you guys were on camera & could people could see the faces. Also live interaction makes a lot of other people's podcasts I've had to endure over the last several days a lot more entertaining. Just some suggestions, but your content is excellent. And not sure if it's a money thing concerning you tube. But you guys would have been barnstormed with subscribers & likes the last week, or so with the news about Coach Napier. It is definitely a great tool for people wanting to know more about everything in UL athletics & how it relates to the rest of the college world.
    Kyle, we are dropping our podcast either tonight or tomorrow morning. You should listen to ours as well. We breakdown SBC games (not this week, obviously) and more importantly the UL upcoming games by Offense and Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Kyle, we are dropping our podcast either tonight or tomorrow morning. You should listen to ours as well. We breakdown SBC games (not this week, obviously) and more importantly the UL upcoming games by Offense and Defense.
    the same link?

6. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

YouTube is nice but podcasting is a radio replacement not a TV replacement.

Podcasting is designed to time shift your audio options not your visual options.

That's not to say that you can't repurpose your content one way or the other

7. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

the same link?
    I try to move all the podcasts here https://forumeus.com/forumdisplay.php/11-Podcast-Deli Pocast Deli.

Pinned to the top is a tutorial with links to all the known podcasts.

8. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

9. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Oh yeah my thread feeds are way smaller now. That invisible mode also helps out when you dont have guys tracking you down to comment on your every post. I enjoy those guys talking to themselves.LOL
    Now explain how you get the references to past posts correct when you use a reference in your posts when you have so many posters on ignore.

10. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

To keep it vague, having certain members’ faces plastered on the internet is uncomfortable for them and a bit of a conflict of interest with regard to revenue generation. Also, just doing the pod occupies a substantial amount of free time. If we made Ragin Review a full time job, maybe. But Gerry & I have careers, families and assets to manage. Matt is finishing up college, getting married and looking to start his career. It’s a minor miracle we can keep up now.

Not that growing a following isn’t part of the goal. It certainly helps. But it’s not THE goal. THE goal is to produce quality content, promote the Cajuns, continue growing the diehard community and have fun doing it.

Right now, we’re accomplishing that. But we love the feed back, especially when it’s about how we can improve. Certainly will keep your suggestions in mind going forward. You’re not the first to suggest these things.

To keep it vague, having certain members’ faces plastered on the internet is uncomfortable for them and a bit of a conflict of interest with regard to revenue generation. Also, just doing the pod occupies a substantial amount of free time. If we made Ragin Review a full time job, maybe. But Gerry & I have careers, families and assets to manage. Matt is finishing up college, getting married and looking to start his career. It’s a minor miracle we can keep up now.

Not that growing a following isn’t part of the goal. It certainly helps. But it’s not THE goal. THE goal is to produce quality content, promote the Cajuns, continue growing the diehard community and have fun doing it.

Right now, we’re accomplishing that. But we love the feed back, especially when it’s about how we can improve. Certainly will keep your suggestions in mind going forward. You’re not the first to suggest these things.
    I agree with this post. These guys spend a lot of prep time producing these podcasts. I am friends with all of the guys on the podcast as like MAT has said they do welcome the constructive feedback to improve and get better. Keep the RIGHT circle of people around you that will be there for you and will tell you what you NEED to hear versus what you WANT to hear…

Here's the thing. I never insulted your podcast until you started hammering me & calling me out when in fact I wasn't that far off on my assessment.
    The fact is I have never even watched a podcast except something on You Tube & that's recently. Maybe had you made a different approach, you might have won a loyal supporter instead of someone who was forced into the position you put me in.

I'm gonna say this & it doesn't just apply to a young guy such as yourself who has something on the ball, but gets themselves into jams by creating situations they could easily avoid by making a small effort to be friendly. I have been a supporter of UL for almost as long as I have lived in Lafayette. But I have seen the program suffer because even in the city of Lafayette, most people have been more supportive of LSU than UL.

I am originally from Houma in Terrebonne Parish. I grew up with Ed Orgeron & played ball against him in Junior High & High School. I have followed Ed's career since college. Naturally, I am a huge Ed Orgeron fan & understand the type of guy he is as I grew up in the same environment during the same time period. So I am extremely proud of what he was able to accomplish during his time at LSU. And I have a completely different take than the popular LSU take on what happened to Ed & why it happened. And to say I am angry at that school for what they did to that man would be an understatement. But I was also brought up listening to LSU on the radio before cable TV & before ESPN, or any major media outlets had anywhere near the interest in USL/ UL.

However, since I moved to Lafayette, I have become a supporter of UL & have always pulled for them to be as successful as possible. I never got into comparing _____ size with LSU because it was apples & onions to me. I will say that I have always pulled for UL when they played LSU in a competitive event & wanted Darrel Mitchell to go to UL.

What I don't understand & what has hurt the UL program massively over the time I've been following them is the massive amount of hatred for not only for the school LSU, but for people who don't understand that hatred being ostracized as lepers from UL supporters when they try to reach out to UL & support them whether as a secondary school, or alternative school that they would want to root for. I have grown to understand the root cause of that hate & while I can see the point. What I will never get & what UL people need to get over if they ever want to get to place they really want to be in this state. Is that you can't take that hatred out on every single person who is reaching out to your program for the first time. Any normal thin skinned person would have just thought these guys can go ____ themselves with the amount of vitriol I have received from a lot of UL fans without them even knowing a reason for it. It's just bitter & angry & it makes the people producing it look very small & unworthy of friendship & the school unworthy of support.

I had a guy named Doug Daigle befriend me years ago after I said something out of turn about Tony Robichaux on one of Bitter's shows. He could have been a dick aabout it. But he wasn't. And we became best friends. I took Doug to his last Astros game before he fell ill to cancer & passed away. He was Tony's high school coach & Tony eulogized Double D at his funeral. It was one of several trips we had made to Houston after we became friends. And I asked Double D on that trip. Doug when you heard me say what I did that day, why didn't you get bent out of shape & just act like most other UL fans would have acted? And he told me well that's easy. The way to overcome & defeat your enemy is to make them your friend. A lot of UL supporters who have been wanting UL to become the big kid on the block need to learn that lesson. IF they ever do, UL will no longer have to worry about the other guy 60 miles away. Just sayin
    I do not worry about LSU. I just don't really care about them and that apathy towards them is what ____es people off the most. You are right that much of Lafayette and Acadiana in general send a lot of their money to BR rather than UL even if they graduated from UL. I know so many people who have a UL degree but their time is spent in tiger stadium. I have a degree from LSU and hated it there. The culture, the city the administration all just had a more distant feel than here at UL.

I'm also not delusional enough to think that LSU has to be successful in order for us here to be successful and the state in general. I do not see how LSU being good has any bearing on us here. I've been to a number of games in tiger stadium and have had a number of bad experiences there. The fans just suck. I'm sorry if I don't like them or pull for them but I just don't see where the entitlement is there.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I'm interested in why you think that. It hasn't worked in basketball.....
    It has absolutely worked in basketball. The NCAA tournament is widely considered one of the best sporting events of each year, even from those who may not be basketball fans, just because of the drama that comes from so many games. Nothing is a given and its the one platform where the little guys can compete on an even playing field.

I can tell you this, when you're not wasting time pounding on me, you guys are doing excellent work. Your shows are something I'm going to need to grow into, but your content on everything I've heard is excellent. I'm not even sure how all of the ____ we were giving each other got so out of hand considering everything I've heard you guys say is on point, well thought out & very informative. From what I've heard so far & it's all been football talk, you guys are as good, and in most cases better than any other group of podcasters that I've heard from any school POV.

You're really too good to not be going more big time with your message. It's a chore, but the more access people have to you guys, the more your audience will grow exponentially. And remember I think I'd have an excuse to be your harshest critic. So if I thought you sucked, I'd say it. You definitely don't suck. But the only way I know this is because I saw the Florida program first. It shouldn't have to be that way. Hope you can stay the course & continue to grow.

15. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Where can I go to hear this "Florida program" MAT was on?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information