Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So who is Josh Cole?

Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't really have a grasp of what it entails, but from what I gather players are going to get paid based on their branding value? And these are 18 & 19 year old people, correct? And you're gonna pay the hot shot QB 100,000 & the WR 50,000 & the CB 30,000 & the offensive line don't get jack ____? The defensive tackle gets bupkus? the Linebacker gets 5000? And their all in the same locker room, or at a hotel 1000 miles away with nothing else to talk about but who's getting paid & who isn't? Just guessing, but how do you think that turns out? I think it's gonna get really really ugly really really quick. I'm thinking Pandora's box ugly with some programs.
    Agreed there is chaos on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There's so many things to say here but I'll do my best to stay on topic.
    I grew up going to LSU games and UL games. I loved sports. Still do.
    I was travel ball and all star summers into baseball when Tony took the Cajuns to Omaha. That changed everything for me. I watched Warren Morris hit the home run, but it was nothing like seeing the Cajuns dog pile on South Carolina's field or watching us beat Clemson on National TV. When I realized that BIG THINGS could be done in my hometown, my allegiance was solidified. Like many of you, I had the opportunity to leave town for college. I didn't. I wanted to be a Ragin Cajun. I wanted to tie a bond to this place forever. It's a unique University in a unique town (and just so happened to have an excellent Engineering department, so checked my boxes) that made me feel like it would uniquely represent who I was. And I could return the favor.

Funny thing happened though.. When I started being "more UL than LSU", my friends made fun. My family made comments. My teammates laughed. While I was sitting in the rain watching Jerry frictin Baldwin torpedo this program, Denardo was building something in Baton Rouge, and Saban was doing unprecedented things.. I'll never forget that feeling. But even before, the "If you don't support the Cajuns, move to Baton Rouge" campaign was right up my ally. THAT was what we needed. The number didn't matter. We just needed a solid, convicted group of people around this town to say, "You know what, Fù** those jerks across the Basin", we're our own people; this is our university; these are OUR boys, playing for the pride of OUR people. Since then, we have built that. And it's still growing. And it's a wonderful thing. It's a big reason why I decided to say YES when Gerry & Matt asked me to be a part of the podcast. It was another avenue to grow that group of people that didn't need the approval or OK from Tiggah fans.

I'll never bend a knee to Baton Rouge. In fact, I'll John Snow those motha effers before anything else. They (for the most part) represent a toxic culture, a type of person that I loathe to my core. A bandwagon, scene type, that jumps on the next thing because it's 'cool.' NO loyalty, no class, no willingness to weather the storm. WEAK. Tiny Dīck syndrome. Insecure. I hate it. It's not just about football. Or sports. It's about pride, having our piece of the pie, that WE DESERVE, and a way of life.

I'm glad you know Double D, Kyle. You're a better man for it. I'm glad you know, Ed O. I'm sure he's a fascinating guy. I could spend 3 hours listing the names of great men that i've had the opportunity to know because of this university, it's athletic programs and yes, now, the podcast. I choose to plant my roots here. For a very specific reason. And I'll defend and fight for it as long as I can. I am who I am. I don't give half a fú** about making friends, saying the right things, operating in the grey or stroking the egos of the hangers on. (that's what I have Gerry for - The Liaison!)

Love me or hate me. There really is no in between. Cheers
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Vic has 4 friends coming to the game with him? Woooo!

Should be an easy win for someone in the Vic Challenge - Championship Edition.
    Vic is making his 1st football game ?

But you're saying your place of business. And I'm thinking jewelry stores. Naccol's? A Bryant's. Is that it? I remember you Turbine. You were always a BIG fan.
    At the time, it was Crown Jewelers

There's so many things to say here but I'll do my best to stay on topic.
    I grew up going to LSU games and UL games. I loved sports. Still do.
    I was travel ball and all star summers into baseball when Tony took the Cajuns to Omaha. That changed everything for me. I watched Warren Morris hit the home run, but it was nothing like seeing the Cajuns dog pile on South Carolina's field or watching us beat Clemson on National TV. When I realized that BIG THINGS could be done in my hometown, my allegiance was solidified. Like many of you, I had the opportunity to leave town for college. I didn't. I wanted to be a Ragin Cajun. I wanted to tie a bond to this place forever. It's a unique University in a unique town (and just so happened to have an excellent Engineering department, so checked my boxes) that made me feel like it would uniquely represent who I was. And I could return the favor.

Funny thing happened though.. When I started being "more UL than LSU", my friends made fun. My family made comments. My teammates laughed. While I was sitting in the rain watching Jerry frictin Baldwin torpedo this program, Denardo was building something in Baton Rouge, and Saban was doing unprecedented things.. I'll never forget that feeling. But even before, the "If you don't support the Cajuns, move to Baton Rouge" campaign was right up my ally. THAT was what we needed. The number didn't matter. We just needed a solid, convicted group of people around this town to say, "You know what, Fù** those jerks across the Basin", we're our own people; this is our university; these are OUR boys, playing for the pride of OUR people. Since then, we have built that. And it's still growing. And it's a wonderful thing. It's a big reason why I decided to say YES when Gerry & Matt asked me to be a part of the podcast. It was another avenue to grow that group of people that didn't need the approval or OK from Tiggah fans.

I'll never bend a knee to Baton Rouge. In fact, I'll John Snow those motha effers before anything else. They (for the most part) represent a toxic culture, a type of person that I loathe to my core. A bandwagon, scene type, that jumps on the next thing because it's 'cool.' NO loyalty, no class, no willingness to weather the storm. WEAK. Tiny Dīck syndrome. Insecure. I hate it. It's not just about football. Or sports. It's about pride, having our piece of the pie, that WE DESERVE, and a way of life.

I'm glad you know Double D, Kyle. You're a better man for it. I'm glad you know, Ed O. I'm sure he's a fascinating guy. I could spend 3 hours listing the names of great men that i've had the opportunity to know because of this university, it's athletic programs and yes, now, the podcast. I choose to plant my roots here. For a very specific reason. And I'll defend and fight for it as long as I can. I am who I am. I don't give half a fú** about making friends, saying the right things, operating in the grey or stroking the egos of the hangers on. (that's what I have Gerry for - The Liaison!)

Love me or hate me. There really is no in between. Cheers
    Gerry has to play nice for obvious reasons. I do appreciate the scored earth approach though sometimes

6. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Vic is making his 1st football game ?
    You my friend need to reread this thread . . . Second thought, there is no hope for you . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    HE works in mysterious ways.

Have not been following this, so tell, me, is it safe enough to unblock CV and BWK?
    Life is good when you have the ignore button on. Keep it on.

8. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Zoom, the best move of your life would be to take his advice and ignore him. He champions that move then spends his whole board life logged off because he can’t stand what he misses. Only you can decide when you have noticed all that you have missed by following this guy’s advice and being IGNORant . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I will second that! I smile every time i know he's commenting into the ether! The board is so much more enjoyable now.

Our RSS: https://feeds.captivate.fm/ragin-review/

But its better to access on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, etc. Just download any of these apps (its free) and search Ragin Review. Tell your friends!
    Here's an issue for me. Are all those apps for a phone? If so, how does one catch the podcast on a computer? Does the podcast go live? Can people ask questions, or make comments concerning certain thoughts & interact like the few podcasts I have seen on you tube? Will you guys ever be going on you tube? Sorry, you're talking to an old dog trying to learn new tricks.

Here's an issue for me. Are all those apps for a phone? If so, how does one catch the podcast on a computer? Does the podcast go live? Can people ask questions, or make comments concerning certain thoughts & interact like the few podcasts I have seen on you tube? Will you guys ever be going on you tube? Sorry, you're talking to an old dog trying to learn new tricks.
    Go to his latest post on the behind enemy lines on your desktop and you can listen directly from there in the link

12. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

That RSS link that I posted above will take you right to the site that hosts our audio. Computer, tablet, phone, whatever. You can listen to any of the 100s of episodes we’ve done.

There are some gems. I suspected you’d want to start with Rick Jones or Austin Robicheaux. Those episodes have thousands of downloads and have been our most popular to date.

We’re not on YouTube for a very specific reason. Won’t get into it but, if you ever want to interact, we always send out a recording message to the social sites. People will usually ask questions then. Or we’ll leave topics in the listeners hands. It’s been successful lately. Lots to talk about.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Have we figured out who Josh Cole is yet? Is he related to Jimmy? I knew a Susan Cole many years ago, is that Josh’s mom? Is Josh Cole as big of an A hole as Jimmy told me he was?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I will second that! I smile every time i know he's commenting into the ether! The board is so much more enjoyable now.
    It’s been as life changing for me as my circumcision.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I'm interested in why you think that. It hasn't worked in basketball.....
    Interesting that you don’t think the tournament hasn’t leveled the playing field in hoops. I don’t think would have ever heard of Butler, Gonzaga, Loyola Chicago, etc if hoops only allowed 4 teams to play for the championship.

Football has to go to any number whoever decides wants as long as every FBS conference champ is allowed to participate. It’s the only sport I can think of where at the beginning of the year almost 75% of the teams don’t even have a chance to play for the national championship. It’s just unAmerican!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information