Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: So who is Josh Cole?

Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yes, this is Josh/MAT. We do completely different types of Podcasts. The guys from Ragin' Review do a great job, but what Craig and I do and what the RR guys to are different. I think most people on this site will tell you that the content while different are both very informative for the Cajun masses. I respect the guys at RR, and would assume they respect what we do as well.
    I like and listen to both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't think this applies to MAT 2021-22 but there was a time when you had no tolerance for a non ready made fan. Chasing an evolving fan away was more likely than not.

I don't think of you that way anymore
    I think once he told a poster he would take them off their feet things around here changed for the better. He had to show folks he was serious.

3. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I think once he told a poster he would take them off their feet things around here changed for the better. He had to show folks he was serious.
    Why you want to bring up dirty laundry? .

I'm trying to focus on who he is today.

4. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

Why you want to bring up dirty laundry? .

I'm trying to focus on who he is today.
    Because he is the number one trouble maker left on this board. Maybe he ought to take a lesson from MAT and people might then start paying attention to some of the things he posts here . . .

I don't think this applies to MAT 2021-22 but there was a time when you had no tolerance for a non ready made fan. Chasing an evolving fan away was more likely than not.

I don't think of you that way anymore
    I thought about it last night & I don't think Mat was the one who first started the grief. I think he jumped into the fight. I know Ragin Dave took his licks. But I think Mel Rock threw the first sucker punch. Either way it doesn't matter. But it crossed the line when insults became character assassinations which is beyond anything thing decent. And in the attempt to do that, it only causes people who might resect you to completely distrust you as a person. And when someone does that it shows their own personal lack of character & decency. It's one thing to disagree, It's another to disagree while insinuating & insulting. But character assassination is why LSU's football program is going to be cursed for the next 50 years. They've become so adept at it, they don't even realize they are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Sounds like another know your place post. Silly usl fans
    The thoughts were completely lost on you. I knew that before I started.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LoL! Bruh, BWK's response was like when you come home and ask your wife/ girlfriend how was her day! 30 minutes later and youre standing there asking yourself, "oh no...what have I done?"
    The difference is you don't have to read my _____ piece.

Let me know when everyone is hugging and singing Kumbaya...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The thoughts were completely lost on you. I knew that before I started.
    Your whole 5th paragraph is "know your place" in a nutshell.

Has it ever occurred to you that one of the reason so many die hard UL fans hate LSU is that we are constantly lectured to about what they should think about LSU? It's always the UL fan that has to modify his opinion...nobody ever asks LSU fans why it might be they are so hated. And when you investigate the situation WE ARE IN THE RIGHT. LSU is the personification, in almost every way, of what is and has always been wrong with Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I don't kiss and tell. But Josh is the man.
    I don't believe "kissing & telling" is the appropriate response here. You've already "told" us about your relationship w/MAT.

PS. Yes, I'm bored and have nothing else to do at the moment but nit pick. Not leaving for the camp until after lunch.

11. Default Re: So who is Josh Cole?

There's so many things to say here but I'll do my best to stay on topic.
    I grew up going to LSU games and UL games. I loved sports. Still do.
    I was travel ball and all star summers into baseball when Tony took the Cajuns to Omaha. That changed everything for me. I watched Warren Morris hit the home run, but it was nothing like seeing the Cajuns dog pile on South Carolina's field or watching us beat Clemson on National TV. When I realized that BIG THINGS could be done in my hometown, my allegiance was solidified. Like many of you, I had the opportunity to leave town for college. I didn't. I wanted to be a Ragin Cajun. I wanted to tie a bond to this place forever. It's a unique University in a unique town (and just so happened to have an excellent Engineering department, so checked my boxes) that made me feel like it would uniquely represent who I was. And I could return the favor.

Funny thing happened though.. When I started being "more UL than LSU", my friends made fun. My family made comments. My teammates laughed. While I was sitting in the rain watching Jerry frictin Baldwin torpedo this program, Denardo was building something in Baton Rouge, and Saban was doing unprecedented things.. I'll never forget that feeling. But even before, the "If you don't support the Cajuns, move to Baton Rouge" campaign was right up my ally. THAT was what we needed. The number didn't matter. We just needed a solid, convicted group of people around this town to say, "You know what, Fù** those jerks across the Basin", we're our own people; this is our university; these are OUR boys, playing for the pride of OUR people. Since then, we have built that. And it's still growing. And it's a wonderful thing. It's a big reason why I decided to say YES when Gerry & Matt asked me to be a part of the podcast. It was another avenue to grow that group of people that didn't need the approval or OK from Tiggah fans.

I'll never bend a knee to Baton Rouge. In fact, I'll John Snow those motha effers before anything else. They (for the most part) represent a toxic culture, a type of person that I loathe to my core. A bandwagon, scene type, that jumps on the next thing because it's 'cool.' NO loyalty, no class, no willingness to weather the storm. WEAK. Tiny Dīck syndrome. Insecure. I hate it. It's not just about football. Or sports. It's about pride, having our piece of the pie, that WE DESERVE, and a way of life.

I'm glad you know Double D, Kyle. You're a better man for it. I'm glad you know, Ed O. I'm sure he's a fascinating guy. I could spend 3 hours listing the names of great men that i've had the opportunity to know because of this university, it's athletic programs and yes, now, the podcast. I choose to plant my roots here. For a very specific reason. And I'll defend and fight for it as long as I can. I am who I am. I don't give half a fú** about making friends, saying the right things, operating in the grey or stroking the egos of the hangers on. (that's what I have Gerry for - The Liaison!)

Love me or hate me. There really is no in between. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    MAT looked at that post like… (I kid BWK).
    TBH that is more like me reading this thread. So many messages I don't have the attention span for LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Let me know when everyone is hugging and singing Kumbaya...
    We’ll get to that once everyone’s back from the concession line.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There's so many things to say here but I'll do my best to stay on topic.
    I grew up going to LSU games and UL games. I loved sports. Still do.
    I was travel ball and all star summers into baseball when Tony took the Cajuns to Omaha. That changed everything for me. I watched Warren Morris hit the home run, but it was nothing like seeing the Cajuns dog pile on South Carolina's field or watching us beat Clemson on National TV. When I realized that BIG THINGS could be done in my hometown, my allegiance was solidified. Like many of you, I had the opportunity to leave town for college. I didn't. I wanted to be a Ragin Cajun. I wanted to tie a bond to this place forever. It's a unique University in a unique town (and just so happened to have an excellent Engineering department, so checked my boxes) that made me feel like it would uniquely represent who I was. And I could return the favor.

Funny thing happened though.. When I started being "more UL than LSU", my friends made fun. My family made comments. My teammates laughed. While I was sitting in the rain watching Jerry frictin Baldwin torpedo this program, Denardo was building something in Baton Rouge, and Saban was doing unprecedented things.. I'll never forget that feeling. But even before, the "If you don't support the Cajuns, move to Baton Rouge" campaign was right up my ally. THAT was what we needed. The number didn't matter. We just needed a solid, convicted group of people around this town to say, "You know what, Fù** those jerks across the Basin", we're our own people; this is our university; these are OUR boys, playing for the pride of OUR people. Since then, we have built that. And it's still growing. And it's a wonderful thing. It's a big reason why I decided to say YES when Gerry & Matt asked me to be a part of the podcast. It was another avenue to grow that group of people that didn't need the approval or OK from Tiggah fans.

I'll never bend a knee to Baton Rouge. In fact, I'll John Snow those motha effers before anything else. They (for the most part) represent a toxic culture, a type of person that I loathe to my core. A bandwagon, scene type, that jumps on the next thing because it's 'cool.' NO loyalty, no class, no willingness to weather the storm. WEAK. Tiny Dīck syndrome. Insecure. I hate it. It's not just about football. Or sports. It's about pride, having our piece of the pie, that WE DESERVE, and a way of life.

I'm glad you know Double D, Kyle. You're a better man for it. I'm glad you know, Ed O. I'm sure he's a fascinating guy. I could spend 3 hours listing the names of great men that i've had the opportunity to know because of this university, it's athletic programs and yes, now, the podcast. I choose to plant my roots here. For a very specific reason. And I'll defend and fight for it as long as I can. I am who I am. I don't give half a fú** about making friends, saying the right things, operating in the grey or stroking the egos of the hangers on. (that's what I have Gerry for - The Liaison!)

Love me or hate me. There really is no in between. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I don't believe "kissing & telling" is the appropriate response here. You've already "told" us about your relationship w/MAT.

PS. Yes, I'm bored and have nothing else to do at the moment but nit pick. Not leaving for the camp until after lunch.
    Don’t forget to bring a case of Truly to the camp

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information