Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 24th CFP

Default Re: 24th CFP

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    If only there was a way we could schedule a bowl game with State U.
    Well, why would our team with double digit wins play a .500 team? We deserve and earned better competition.

.500 is .500, be it Louisiana State or a MAC team. Neither is worthy bowl competition for a team with one loss. Would a one or two loss SEC team play a .500 team in a bowl? Hell no.

Mic drop.

I know it can't happen but if LaSU was told the only bowl that you will be invited to were the R&L Carrier's New Orleans Bowl playing against Louisiana, they would pull a LaTech in seconds and decline playing this year. BUT I would still love to see it plus the 65K+ for a bowl game would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, why would our team with double digit wins play a .500 team? We deserve and earned better competition.

.500 is .500, be it Louisiana State or a Mac team. Neither is worthy competition for a team with one loss.

Mic drop.
    For a 65K+ crowd....that would be 1 reason.

My personal take on this is all bowl games should be eliminated, have a 16 team playoff for the National Championship. Conference champs plus 4 at large taken from the ranks of the Coaches poll or whatever poll you like.

With as many bowl games there are today, it is just a participation trophy today and is very shocking if you don't make a bowl game at the end of the year. Only die hard college football fans and parents watch the games, hence, only about 6 bowl games actually make money.

Again, just my opinion. And if the Cajuns are in the New Orleans bowl, I'll be there but really would prefer that a true national champ be crowned instead of a subjective pick on who really has a chance to bring in the most money for the TV sponser.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Think national, not parochial. I added a few lines to original post, it’s simple. They’re not worthy. Let that sink in...ALICE SHOE IS NOT WORTHY.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Think national, not parochial. I added a few lines to original post, it’s simple. They’re not worthy. Let that sink in...ALICE SHOE IS NOT WORTHY.
    Oh, I 100% agree. But still would love to see the 65K+ crowd of whom would probably be mostly Cajun fans filling stands.....even if most were just band wagon fans for the day.

How many state schools have ever been in a position to tell those elite maternal @$&*$,!!!! their football is not good enough. Enjoy the moment, it’s very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

My personal take on this is all bowl games should be eliminated, have a 16 team playoff for the National Championship. Conference champs plus 4 at large taken from the ranks of the Coaches poll or whatever poll you like.

With as many bowl games there are today, it is just a participation trophy today and is very shocking if you don't make a bowl game at the end of the year. Only die hard college football fans and parents watch the games, hence, only about 6 bowl games actually make money.

Again, just my opinion. And if the Cajuns are in the New Orleans bowl, I'll be there but really would prefer that a true national champ be crowned instead of a subjective pick on who really has a chance to bring in the most money for the TV sponser.
    I agree. The National Championship is an Invitational Tournament by a selection committee. Have a true 16 team playoff. It works for FCS schools, so the notion of too many games and impact on academics is BS.

Also, I believe BYU is still considered a G5 school, so it would be the highest ranked G5 school in the scenario given under another post.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Independence vs. BYU/P5
    Independence has a tie in with CUSA this year vs BYU. CUSA has 8 bowl eligible teams, so one of them will fill that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I agree. The National Championship is an Invitational Tournament by a selection committee. Have a true 16 team playoff. It works for FCS schools, so the notion of too many games and impact on academics is BS.

Also, I believe BYU is still considered a G5 school, so it would be the highest ranked G5 school in the scenario given under another post.
    BYU is considered a major independent. They are not G5

Happy to see we made #24. Probably rise a notch or two after beating App St.
    Geaux Cajuns.

No such thing as a "major independent."
    The ONLY independent that has special status is ND. And they are SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the CFP/NY6 Charter

12. Default Re: 24th CFP

SCB Championship

Obviously a win and Louisiana climbs in the CFP.

I can also see App State grabbing Louisiana's spot if they win.

The Sunbelt is almost guaranteed a spot in the poll.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information