Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Letter From Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard

Default Re: Letter From Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard

Da boss doing what he do. I’ll miss CBN but looking forward to our next chapter. To me the most important line in his statement was the next hire will continue/build upon the culture already here.

There’s gonna be lots of onion cutting come Saturday evening, at least at my house!

Default Re: Letter From Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Why does BR have anything to do with this? Why can’t we just be good on our own? Why not say compare this to ____ show going on in Oklahoma, Texas or LaTech? Why does the BR sickness have to infiltrate every good thread about Louisiana?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    If Dr. Maggard is VP for Intercollegiate Athletics, who is president?
    It's a common term used in the business world. The head of a division will be called VP of sales, VP of engineering, etc. Then all the VP's answer to the president. I figured the title change was concurrent with a decent pay raise, and to make the optics of the raise look better to outsiders (aka eggheads on the academic side).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    It's a common term used in the business world. The head of a division will be called VP of sales, VP of engineering, etc. Then all the VP's answer to the president. I figured the title change was concurrent with a decent pay raise, and to make the optics of the raise look better to outsiders (aka eggheads on the academic side).
    Maybe he gets promoted to president...

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    BINGO! Pointed that out a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    BINGO! Pointed that out a few weeks ago.
    Yes, that's where I first saw this comment. Could happen, I guess.

7. Default Re: Letter From Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    How many Vice Presidents does UL have now?

8. Default Re: Letter From Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    How many Vice Presidents does UL have now?
    Not sure, but we may be fixing to have lots of presidents and no AD if we shop here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Why does BR have anything to do with this? Why can’t we just be good on our own? Why not say compare this to ____ show going on in Oklahoma, Texas or LaTech? Why does the BR sickness have to infiltrate every good thread about Louisiana?
    There are a lot of ____ shows to compare it to. And normally this would be a great point. However, since UL is coach hunting at the same time these other schools are, including the one 60 miles away, they should all be in play for comparison sake.

One comparison I would like to make. While UL is looking for their next coach, the former coach/still present coach not only coached UL to its greatest stretch of seasons in the history of UL football, Not only did he coach them to their only double digit winning streak ever, but when you look at his salary of 2 million dollars which is quite a nice salary for a "sunbelt school". when you look at the BIG PICTURE & Billy's buyout from Florida, not only did that coach do all of those things for this university, he did them while essentially paying this university one million dollars over his salary this season to do it. Now that is a HELL of a return on your investment.

When you consider the guys down the road paying their former coaching staff 24 million dollars to not coach, then throw in to the mix, they had to give the future coach a 400% pay raise plus insane incentives to go along with an insane guarantee which also guarantees the marriage of that future coach & that school for better, or worse for the next decade due to a 100 million dollar guarantee. UL fan should be able to sleep quite soundly at night having faith in this administrator's decision making process. Just an observation

One more thing for the record. When you look at what state institutions are doing with funds entrusted to them by the state & the way in which those funds are managed, This is a huge indicator of how some state institutions run their business versus how others run their business.

11. Default Re: Letter From Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard

Easy money ain't squeezee money.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Easy money ain't squeezee money.
    Wasted money is stupid money. And stupid money deserves no money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information