Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Fed up with the WOKE culture.

Z
    He is not alone!

2. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

A totally crazy College Football Head Coaching opening year. We are now up to 25 Head Coaching Job openings this year. Currently 8 of them are still open, 3 P5 jobs, including UVA (ACC), Oklahoma (Big 12) and Duke (ACC) and 5 G5 openings including Colorado State (MWC), Temple (AAC), UL (SunBelt), Fresno (MWC) and FIU (CUSA). Overall we have seen 13 G5 openings, including 3 SBC teams and 12 P5 teams. I still say that we aren't done yet. Their have been some interesting hires this year as well, some going "SPLASH" and some not. Look at some of these:

AKRON--Hired former Moo State HC Joe Moorhead
    UCONN--Hired former UCLA and Falcon HC Jim Mora Jr.
    Georgia Southern--Hired former USC HC Clay Helton
    LSU--Hired ND HC Brian Kelly
    NMSU--Hired current TCU Interim HC Jerry Kill
    TCU--Hired SMU HC Sonny Dykes
    USC--Hired OU HC Lincoln Riley
    Washington--Hired Frenso HC Kalen DeBoer

This is crazy and I did not even mention future FBS member Jacksonville State hiring current ULM OC and former HC at multiple stops Rich Rodriguez that technically makes 26.

To put this in perspective over the past 11 seasons 4 times have they had more hires than this:

2011 - 28
    2012 - 31
    2015 - 29
    2018 - 28

I think this could easily reach 28 this year. I would expect that UVA "could" pull from the G5 ranks as well as possibly Duke and Oklahoma as well.

Maggard said Dec 9th is the absolute latest date a coach will be announced

That;s next Thursday. I originally predicted Wednesday, I think (maybe not on here).

Come on, Dr. Maggard. Make me look smart.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    NO it wouldn't.

Mike checks all the boxes that Dr. Maggard is looking for.

And, Dr. Maggard will make the right decision as he ALWAYS has when it comes to coaches.

I have no idea if Mike is the guy.....but if he is, all the USLing is in your head. Dr. Maggard didn't suddenly become stupid.
    Damn bro, relax with the passive agressiveness. Nobody is calling Dr Maggard stupid. Literally no one. People getting so defensive if your not pulling your pants down for Des. I dont know anybody that doesnt love Des. Its ok to think he isnt ready. If we're talking "checking boxes", what boxes does Des check that Patrick Toney doesnt. And if he checks all the boxes too and has more experience, why is Des a better candidate than Toney? Just because Des is a local boy? Thats really what this is about, is that he is "one of us". And that is why people feel like its USL'ing it. Because theres no 40 page thread on Toney, but there is on Des.

*edit - I also understand that just because I dont think he is ready, doesnt mean that he isnt. Shocking, but Ive been wrong before.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    . . .*edit - I also understand that just because I dont think he is ready, doesnt mean that he isnt. Shocking, but Ive been wrong before.
    You could have gone with just the *edit . . .

Also, from what I can decipher from reading through a few of these posts, there appears to be another box that Maggard has that he did not mention in his message last week: "...and someone that Coach Brian Napier personally endorses (or one that is THOUGHT to be endorsed by CBN)..."
    If we can confirm that with the AD, I think this thread will finally make more sense.
    Until then, no one can predict the future, and we should know somethinbg FROM THE AD in 6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Damn bro, relax with the passive agressiveness. Nobody is calling Dr Maggard stupid. Literally no one. People getting so defensive if your not pulling your pants down for Des. I dont know anybody that doesnt love Des. Its ok to think he isnt ready. If we're talking "checking boxes", what boxes does Des check that Patrick Toney doesnt. And if he checks all the boxes too and has more experience, why is Des a better candidate than Toney? Just because Des is a local boy? Thats really what this is about, is that he is "one of us". And that is why people feel like its USL'ing it. Because theres no 40 page thread on Toney, but there is on Des.

*edit - I also understand that just because I dont think he is ready, doesnt mean that he isnt. Shocking, but Ive been wrong before.
    Good points, but there is a 40 page thread largely because it's a relatively controversial idea...where as Toney would be less so. Controversy draws clicks, not necessarily accuracy.

My choice, with my limited knowledge of how to pick a head coach, would be Jay Johnson.

10. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    My choice, with my limited knowledge of how to pick a head coach, would be Jay Johnson.
    TRUST THE PROCESS!!!! THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!!

11. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

That is a very good pik . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    TRUST THE PROCESS!!!! THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!!
    Hence "my pick" and not "Maggard's pick needs to be".

FWIW: My #1 Choice as well. Fits all the ADs boxes AND most qualified

14. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

He has lots of positives and knows the terrain.

What's the thoughts on Golding? Did him and Toney ever work together, or they just both from the Ron Roberts tree?

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information