Glen Schumann: d/c at Georgia. Another Saban student, young: 31
    Dan Lanning: another co-d/c at Georgia
    Josh Gattis: o/c at Michigan 

Pete Golding: Bama d/c, another Saban disciple
    Patrick Toney: current d/c, the only insider being considered
    Jay Johnson: QB coach, Michigan State
    Doug Nussmeier: QB coach Dallas Cowyboys
    Rob Sale: OL coach, NY Giants

So far I like Golding the best.....seems to be the most like CBN.....or Doug Nussmeier.
    Not saying Golden won't be the guy, or isn't a candidate. But Iwas told by several former coaches that in their opinion he is not a fit in Lafayette.

Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I would think those UGA guys next jobs will be P5 head coaching jobs.
    I think they can be. The good thing about a Billy getting such a high profile job, it shows they can come here and move up quick.

Schumann is interesting to me bc he has been with Saben/Smart since he was 18. Known for being highly intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I think they can be. The good thing about a Billy getting such a high profile job, it shows they can come here and move up quick.

Schumann is interesting to me bc he has been with Saben/Smart since he was 18. Known for being highly intelligent.
    You are correct about how significant it is that CBN moved from here to a great P5 job. My thing about Schumann is his youth, and being just 31 I find it hard to believe that he could currently get a P5 HC job. But dang, if he could come here be as successful as CBN, he could tehn get a P5 HC job before he is 40.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    You are correct about how significant it is that CBN moved from here to a great P5 job. My thing about Schumann is his youth, and being just 31 I find it hard to believe that he could currently get a P5 HC job. But dang, if he could come here be as successful as CBN, he could tehn get a P5 HC job before he is 40.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_McVay

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Dan Lanning is the defensive play caller with Georgia but both are highly involved in the game planning.

Lanning is only 35 as well so still very young.

This job will have a lot of highly thought of candidates.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

I like Lanning. I really like Golding. But as far as fit goes, I love Jeff Lebby.

Don’t know if it was posted yet, but Brent Pry to VaTech is a done deal. Happy for him and his family. What happened with our search last time around was unfortunate for him. He will thrive in Blacksburg.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not saying Golden won't be the guy, or isn't a candidate. But Iwas told by several former coaches that in their opinion he is not a fit in Lafayette.
    He strikes me as a guy not ready to be a head coach yet. Talented young DC that still has some growing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Dan Lanning is the defensive play caller with Georgia but both are highly involved in the game planning.

Lanning is only 35 as well so still very young.

This job will have a lot of highly thought of candidates.
    I like Lanning a lot it's hard to find a good DC in thr G5

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Based upon what empirical data do you know QB will be better? Fields has thrown what, 30 passes in his career. Sounds like back up quarterback syndrome. Look, I hope he is the greatest thing since Mitchell, but we just don’t know.
    Our receivers need to do a better job of catching to help out our new QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I like Lanning. I really like Golding. But as far as fit goes, I love Jeff Lebby.

Don’t know if it was posted yet, but Brent Pry to VaTech is a done deal. Happy for him and his family. What happened with our search last time around was unfortunate for him. He will thrive in Blacksburg.
    Jeff Lebby I am really high on…. I think Gattis is very interesting also…. From a defensive perspective I like PT and Schumann…It is all about a culture fit and can they keep this cULture swag going with 10 win seasons…. West division title should be our expectation every year. Also what kind of recruiting connection do they have down here because LA, TX, and Gulf coast are your bread and butter.

I need to read up on Lebby. And I added him to the list.

I think we'll be closer to naming legitimate candidates if we think about what Dr. Maggard might do or is looking for as opposed to who we want.

And, while he may not have specifically said something in a press conference, every hire he's made has a good moral compass.

Character matters. In fact, I believe that's the biggest thing with Dr. Maggard.

Lebby is a good coach. I don’t think Maggard will hire him unless he can convince him that the Baylor stuff is overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I think we'll be closer to naming legitimate candidates if we think about what Dr. Maggard might do or is looking for as opposed to who we want.

And, while he may not have specifically said something in a press conference, every hire he's made has a good moral compass.

Character matters. In fact, I believe that's the biggest thing with Dr. Maggard.
    That’s why I don’t think Lebby is an actual contender for the job.

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information