Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Sounds like Ty Helton
    Bingo.

He has to be looking to get out of the CUSA dumpster fire. He’s only 42. We can get him.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Napier was never a HC either
    That's not what he meant. He is hinting at coordinators would come here for similar money to become Head Coach and prove their worth

That’s why I said for those that wanted Brian Kelly. It was a half @ss joke.

I will take my lashings now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    That’s why I said for those that wanted Brian Kelly. It was a half @ss joke.

I will take my lashings now.

Poor man les miles..

Marcus freeman may need a job now, unless Notre Dame promotes him

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Marcus freeman may need a job now, unless Notre Dame promotes him
    Gotta believe Luke Fickell is at the TOP of ND's list.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    What about a guy who is from Florida, played college ball in Texas, was a finalist for National OC of the year, was OC at UAB and Tennessee, QB coach at those 2 schools and USC, developed 3 NFL QBs, was a recruiting coordinator, and is currently a 3rd year HC at a G5 that is going to it’s 3rd Bowl Game in a row, about to play for a conference championship and lighting up the scoreboard?

Any takers?
    The guy who hasn’t finished above 7th in CUSA in recruiting? The same guy who had to have his new OC bring 4 players with him from his previous job to save his offense?

He could probably do decent with our resources but this job needs more than decent right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    The guy who hasn’t finished above 7th in CUSA in recruiting? The same guy who had to have his new OC bring 4 players with him from his previous job to save his offense?

He could probably do decent with our resources but this job needs more than decent right now.
    Helton is 22-15 and inherited a train wreck.

At same point in his tenure, Napier was 27-11, inherited a stocked team, and had played 1 less P5 than Helton.

You’re reaching man.

At same point in his tenure, Napier was 27-11, inherited a stocked team, and had played 1 less P5 than Helton.

You’re reaching man.
    Billy walked into a program on probation and reduced scholarships. He finally reached 85 last year. There was talent here, but stocked? There was very little depth left at that point.

I don't have a problem with Helton, but I think there are better candidates available.

10. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Boy agenda surely drives level of accuracy here, a lot . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Billy walked into a program on probation and reduced scholarships. He finally reached 85 last year. There was talent here, but stocked? There was very little depth left at that point.

I don't have a problem with Helton, but I think there are better candidates available.
    Who are your top 5 guys?

You’re reaching man.
    His 4 best players followed the OC from Houston Baptist. He is not what I’d label a relentless recruiter.

He has won games in an awful conference but his recruiting would have to be much better here. He wouldn’t be a bad hire but far from great.

I’m not for or against any candidate right now but I will call out the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Gotta believe Luke Fickell is at the TOP of ND's list.
    You think they'd really wan to trade a 60 year old guy who looks like someone just stole his prune juice for 48 year old guy who's the brightest of the bright young stars in the profession? I guess they got no choice now?

I disagree with that view. Coach Napier continually praises the work Coach Toney produces. Does so at QB Club even more than to the press. Coach Toney will be a P5 DC somewhere if not HC here next season. If not at Florida, likely somewhere in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post

I’m not for or against any candidate right now but I will call out the negatives.
    Fair enough, but you gotta admit the guy knows offense and how to develop QBs.

I agree with your comment about resources. It would be interesting to see what kind of staff he could put together and the recruiting he could do with the funds Napier was given.

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information