Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

1. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

I was never a fan of Jay Johnson's offense but if y'all say it was because of Hud, who am I to argue.

Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

We have come a LONG way from the days of having John Curtis Jr in the top 2 of condidates considered....

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I was never a fan of Jay Johnson's offense but if y'all say it was because of Hud, who am I to argue.
    I was trying to find what kind of offense Jay Johnson is running at MSU, but can't find anything besides the season averages. We had a few offensive coordinators, and it always seemed like our offense was centered around zone-read in the shotgun. So I always bought into the theory that Hud was telling his OC to build off of that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    If one of Dr. Maggard's HC criteria is a tireless recruiter, not sure Jay Johnson checks that box. Extremely nice guy and good offensive mind, but never struck me as a recruiter. This is just an observation from afar, so someone could correct me on that.
    Was listening to a former high school coach on KANE in new Iberia this morning who became close to Jay as he recruited Acadiana and he said just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Was listening to a former high school coach on KANE in new Iberia this morning who became close to Jay as he recruited Acadiana and he said just the opposite.
    Louis Cook told me when Jay Johnson was here that he is one of the most intelligent offensive minds he has ever met. Fans forget what our offense looked like under him when Gauthier and Broadway were healthy, Hudspeth's interference and disagreements are what drove him out of this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Our sons played baseball on the same team for a couple of years. I’ve sat next to him at many games. He never came out and threw hud under the bus completely, but let’s just say you could read between the lines.

His wife is the nicest person you’ll ever meet. Just an all around great family. Totally opposite of his former boss here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Louis Cook told me when Jay Johnson was here that he is one of the most intelligent offensive minds he has ever met. Fans forget what our offense looked like under him when Gauthier and Broadway were healthy, Hudspeth's interference and disagreements are what drove him out of this program.
    The way we pulled off scoring two TDs in two minutes to take the lead and win that game vs ULM in 2011 was Jay Johnson’s play calling and design.

I’ll gladly watch that offense again.

Did he recruit Keon Coleman to MSU?

May need to take Tom Herman off y’all board. Looks like CBN has reached out to him for a spot at UF

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You just sold me. I’m in. Bring back Jay. Then, give PT a blank check, and LETS F’N GEAUX.

I'm not sold. I'm sorry, great mind...great guy. I just think we have come too far as a program to go back and hire an assistant from the Hud days.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    I'm not sold. I'm sorry, great mind...great guy. I just think we have come too far as a program to go back and hire an assistant from the Hud days.
    Everyone has a right to their opinions. I haven't endorsed Jay Johnson for the hire, I'm just setting record straight. And for the record, he hasn't been Hud's assistant for a long time. He is Mel Tucker's OC at Michigan State today, a top 10 program.

Since leaving here he has coached in the big ten at Minnesota, the SEC at Georgia with Kirby Smart, the pac 12 at Colorado with Mel Tucker and back to the big ten at MSU with Mel Tucker. He has spent the last 5 years under 2 different Saban disciples. He has coached and recruited the gulf coast from being here and at southern miss. I’m not saying he should definitely be the guy but we aren’t “too good” for Jay Johnson. High moral character, knows what it’s like to win. He certainly checks a lot of boxes and is familiar with this university and area as well as Des and Troy and I’d imagine he knows Leger and Patrick Toney as well from his time in Louisiana.

14. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

This has been the weakest post thus far on this board regarding our next coach. Go figure. Everyone we will consider will have been in the capacity as you described 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    His offense was pretty awful at the end here don't know if huds input made it that way.
    Yes it was.

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information