Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

1. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Lastly, he’s 54 years old - not exactly in his “Prime”
    LOL

You had me till this.

"Prime Time" was about his ability to draw attention, which part of your post shows.

Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

I like Desormeaux because of all his local ties and being in the system for the last 4 years. I also like sale as he was also part of the Napier tree. I'm still on the fence about Jay Johnson.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    I like Desormeaux because of all his local ties and being in the system for the last 4 years. I also like sale as he was also part of the Napier tree. I'm still on the fence about Jay Johnson.
    Jay Johnson’s offense is a thing of beauty.

But I’m pretty sure none of those names will be the HC.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    The one hang up that I have about Coach Des is that his College football coaching experience has only been here. I think he is a great guy with great potential, but I think he needs to build his résumé a little more. Just my humble opinion.

I am sold on Jay Johnson

I hope you’re right. I think those would all be a mistake. Maybe Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Not no, but hell no! This guy is so damn full of himself that it’s beyond pathetic. He’s got a damn entourage with him wherever he goes. You would think one would grow out of this, but he has not. Far cry from the cULture of being humble and staying focused. If you’re really impressed with his coaching resume, I’d hate to know what you think of some others. His resume is not impressive. Did you see the schedule they played? Lastly, he’s 54 years old - not exactly in his “Prime”
    I've sat with Deion watching our boys play travel baseball in N TX. There was no entourage......was super nice guy, loves & devoted to his family.

His son is an exceptional talent.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Deion has matured nicely since his college and pro playing days. That’s not all that unusual.

Bryan Maggard is doing the hiring. Whoever he chooses will not be a mistake. It may not be your guy and it may come out of left field, but it won't be a mistake.

Weren't you guys saying "In Maggard We Trust?"

Question
    Is there even a CHANCE that we can get Jay Johnson ?
    If there is, he HAS to be the number one candidate

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    Question
    Is there even a CHANCE that we can get Jay Johnson ?
    If there is, he HAS to be the number one candidate
    His offense was pretty awful at the end here don't know if huds input made it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    I hope you’re right. I think those would all be a mistake. Maybe Sale.
    Rob Sale has a similar background as Billy Napier. He's coached in great systems at Georgia and Alabama. He is an outstanding recruiter, but a different personality then Billy Napier. The kids loved playing for him, but he is intense dude.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Bryan Maggard is doing the hiring. Whoever he chooses will not be a mistake. It may not be your guy and it may come out of left field, but it won't be a mistake.

Weren't you guys saying "In Maggard We Trust?"
    I told you up in Lynchburg when the day came that Maggard would make a good decision(obviously) and that I felt Rob Sale would be the choice. I still have the same feeling about Sale being the next coach. We shall see.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

A Jay Johnson baseball coach and a Jay Johnson football coach 45 miles apart would be very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    His offense was pretty awful at the end here don't know if huds input made it that way.
    He left because of Hudspeth. His offense was very good at Minnesota and it's been great this season at Michigan State. He's very similar to Coach Napier in personality. Not saying he us the choice, but he is qualified.

I would have no problems with either Jay Johnson or Sale. But I'm very curious to see who Maggard hires. Because if he isn't either of those two, he's going to be special.

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information