Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    As I said, "just my opinion," and since NO ONE can predict the future (although several claim to be able to do so on this board), of course it is "all in my head."
    I think the term "USLing it" means we hire coaches like we did in the past - ie looking for a bargain without looking at the whole picture.
    As I said, IN MY OPINION , MD is not ready.
    Look, I hire/fire people several times per month, I deal in RISK MANAGEMENT.
    When someone come in and applies for a job, I perform a risk analysis to determine whether the risk of hiring someone with a certain pedigree is outweighed by other substantive, tangible facts of the applicants resume and interview. I am POSITIVE Maggard is not "stupid" and would perform a similar (if not better) Risk Analysis to determine whether the risk of hiring someone with MD's CURRENT PEDIGREE is outweighed by 1. other applicants who have applied (and with deeper pedigrees - thus less risk) and 2. the HOPEFUL chance that his "unknowns" will end up all on the positive side.
    ..and if the AD chooses CMD because he can save a little money, it would be usling it. If the AD chooses CMD beacuase it is best for the cULture and pays him accordingly, I would be CMD's biggest defender, after Charliek of course.

2. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    ..and if the AD chooses CMD because he can save a little money, it would be usling it. If the AD chooses CMD beacuase it is best for the cULture and pays him accordingly, I would be CMD's biggest defender, after Charliek of course.
    When getting the best candidate available at a good price is in the picture, why wouldn't the best AD in the country jump on that hire . . . like, if he chooses MD AND it saves money . . . why not . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Huh? I've said already a few times I don't think he's ready for this slot.

I'll support him or whoever Maggard chooses.

I'll go to my grave thinking he had the best ball fake I've ever seen, though.

1. What is Mikes plan? We dont really know it. And since he has only been at UL, we should ASSUME it is confined by his only UL-experience.
    2. The one he will lay out to Maggard? Are you SURE he will get an interview?

With all that sai, I LOVE MD. I pray he spreads his wings, and returns to be our HC right after our next HC gets hired as a top tier P5 coach in 3-4 years.
    As I said earlier, we should be competing with mid tier P5s for our next HC. MD is not in that competition YET.
    Just my opinion
    Exactly, none of us know. If mike is the guy, you know what would be USL’ng it? Not hiring him just bc he is mike. Everybody “trusts maggard” unless he hires someone they don’t agree with.

Re-read everyone:
    I said: USLing it is "looking for a bargain WITHOUT looking at the whole picture."
    Aint nuttin wrong with getting a bargain SO LONG AS THE BARGAIN GETTER IS "LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PICTURE!"

6. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I don’t see it being Des. I like him a lot, but I don’t think we promote the TE’s coach after our best season in school history.
    ……..OR…..MAYBE THAT IS the reason you promote him! He and Nap were QBs, both coached receivers, and remember Nap as an OC at a young age!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Mike will get an interview. From my sources he is being pushed heavily internally and has the backing of the current staff. In no way am I saying he will get the job. A whole lot of good coaches have applied.
    I don't know who your sources are. However, I don't believe that ANYONE has reliable sources in this case. That is due to the fact Dr. Maggard goes out of his way to keep his search efforts completely confidential.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Huh? I've said already a few times I don't think he's ready for this slot.

I'll support him or whoever Maggard chooses.

I'll go to my grave thinking he had the best ball fake I've ever seen, though.
    Aren't y'all both CHS panthers? That's all I was referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….in the flat reaching back….is that the one?
    yep!

As I said, "just my opinion," and since NO ONE can predict the future (although several claim to be able to do so on this board), of course it is "all in my head."
    I think the term "USLing it" means we hire coaches like we did in the past - ie looking for a bargain without looking at the whole picture.
    As I said, IN MY OPINION , MD is not ready.
    Look, I hire/fire people several times per month, I deal in RISK MANAGEMENT.
    When someone come in and applies for a job, I perform a risk analysis to determine whether the risk of hiring someone with a certain pedigree is outweighed by other substantive, tangible facts of the applicants resume and interview. I am POSITIVE Maggard is not "stupid" and would perform a similar (if not better) Risk Analysis to determine whether the risk of hiring someone with MD's CURRENT PEDIGREE is outweighed by 1. other applicants who have applied (and with deeper pedigrees - thus less risk) and 2. the HOPEFUL chance that his "unknowns" will end up all on the positive side.
    I agree, good post. Jay gets uppity sometimes and passive aggressively implies that you think Dr. Maggard is stupid just because you think Des is not ready. Come on Jay, chill.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Exactly, none of us know. If mike is the guy, you know what would be USL’ng it? Not hiring him just bc he is mike. Everybody “trusts maggard” unless he hires someone they don’t agree with.
    We all know Dr. Maggard won't USL-it. We have enough history to be confident about it.

I'm on the side that thinks Des needs more experience at other programs to learn what is done elsewhere, what works and also what doesn't. Dr. Maggard will pick someone with an experienced background, I'm pretty sure of that.

12. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    NO it wouldn't.

Mike checks all the boxes that Dr. Maggard is looking for.

And, Dr. Maggard will make the right decision as he ALWAYS has when it comes to coaches.

I have no idea if Mike is the guy.....but if he is, all the USLing is in your head. Dr. Maggard didn't suddenly become stupid.
    If Maggard hires Mike, it's to save money.

jmo

13. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If Maggard hires Mike, it's to save money.

jmo
    That is an opinion, but I doubt seriously that would be the reason Dr. Maggard made the decision as opposed to a collateral benefit of the right decision as Head Football Coach for Louisiana. There is a huge difference between the two . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't know who your sources are. However, I don't believe that ANYONE has reliable sources in this case. That is due to the fact Dr. Maggard goes out of his way to keep his search efforts completely confidential.
    Dr. Maggard has nothing to do with current coaches wanting Mike to get the job.

15. Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Dr. Maggard has nothing to do with current coaches wanting Mike to get the job.
    Considering that he is the one that will make the hire, he has everything to do with evaluating that proposition . . . he is also very familiar with the cULture . . . which places him in an eminent position to determine which coaching candidates under consideration will be the best to continue the cULture . . .

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information