Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Tim Leger and let’s keep the present system going. Keep the running backs coach and Desormeaux.
    Desormeaux was a beast when way back when he was QB. Hope we can keep him around.

I don’t care if the guy is an “offense” guy or a “defense” guy…I want an organizational expert like CBN. We didn’t win because his offense was revolutionary. In fact I think our defense largely carried us especially this year. We won because he knew how to run a program. Go find the next guy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Whoever the heck Nick Saban sees as the next Billy Napier. He did a darn good job last time, there is no reason to doubt him at this point.
    Amen.

Whoever the heck Nick Saban sees as the next Billy Napier. He did a darn good job last time, there is no reason to doubt him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Curious how many of the current FL staff will he keep. I believe the Interm coach will stay.
    To be honest I don't see him keeping any of them as actual coaches, analysts maybe. Knox SUCKS at recruiting but C-Rob is excellent at recruiting. The players want him to keep Coach Savage who's our S&C coach and yes that's his real name.

Jay Johnson
    Pete Golding
    or whoever Dr. Maggard likes best

NOBODY close to vesting/already vested in the state retirement system.

What about coach O? I’m sure there’s a good reason he isn’t being mentioned. I didn’t follow his problems that developed at LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Who is on your wish list? And do you think any of the current staff gets consideration?
    I do not have a wish list. I implicitly trust Dr. Maggard to make the right hire for our program.

As far as current staff is concerned, if any of them express an interest, I'm sure they'll get consideration from Dr. Maggard, provided they meet the criteria I listed above.

There was just completed a zoom with Dr. Maggard and the media. He talked about many of the qualities I listed above and also stressed someone who understands graduating student-athletes is important.

He said he hopes to have a coach in place before signing day on Dec. 15. He also said it has not been determined if Billy will coach the bowl game.

Personally, I'm not gonna stress. I'm not going to run down rumors or anything else. When he makes a decision he'll let us know.

Billy came WAY out of left field. The next hire may do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    What about coach O? I’m sure there’s a good reason he isn’t being mentioned. I didn’t follow his problems that developed at LSU.
    He is technically under contract with LSU to keep his....err future payouts over the next few years. Includes mandatory appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I do not have a wish list. I implicitly trust Dr. Maggard to make the right hire for our program.

As far as current staff is concerned, if any of them express an interest, I'm sure they'll get consideration from Dr. Maggard, provided they meet the criteria I listed above.

There was just completed a zoom with Dr. Maggard and the media. He talked about many of the qualities I listed above and also stressed someone who understands graduating student-athletes is important.

He said he hopes to have a coach in place before signing day on Dec. 15. He also said it has not been determined if Billy will coach the bowl game.

Personally, I'm not gonna stress. I'm not going to run down rumors or anything else. When he makes a decision he'll let us know.

Billy came WAY out of left field. The next hire may do the same.
    I trust Dr. Maggard also.

Marcus Freeman is a guy I would give a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    See #3 and 4 of the qualities Jay listed.

Coach O’s goofy ass needs to stay as far away from Lafayette as possible. No just no but hell no

At this point in time, I would be surprised any names put forth in this thread will be the next head coach.

Maggard will wow us...again.

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information