Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Default Re: Louisiana Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    Whoever it is, I just hope they keep Desormeaux on staff.
    If he wants to be a HC at the college level he must get experience outside of UL.

Probably not. He has a successful program at UAB and he is making $1.6M. His next move will be P5

That was my question. Keeping the process going would seem like the way to go, but I guess we’ll see soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Probably not. He has a successful program at UAB and he is making $1.6M. His next move will be P5
    That is what I thought, but his name has been extremely quiet this coaching go around. At 52 years old, his window for a P5 job may be closing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Think Rich Rodrigues will apply?
    Yes.

It will be interesting to see how a new coach coming in, evaluates the current staff. This is our first experience with having an extremely successful staff to choose from. Desormeaux, Leger and Juluke all have great Louisiana recruiting ties, but looking at positions, RB has been by far our most productive position. I would think Juluke is the most coveted, and wouldn't be surprised if he is on the short list for an assistant coach job at LSU for whomever they hire

My prediction is he will be at Auburn or FSU after their coaches fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I am not sure we want Golding, unless he REALLY wants to be a HC. He is currently making $1.5M at Bama, so we would need to pay him more than that and he has no HC experience.

Jeff Banks at Texas is interesting. Sark brought him along from Alabama and is paying him $1M as the Special Teams coach. So he has coached at TAMU, Bama and now Texas.

Lebby makes some sense, but he is probably going to be on OU's radar now, as well.
    Coach Napier didn't have head coach experience and from what I understand that is not a pre requisite for the job.

He will be.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Coach Napier didn't have head coach experience and from what I understand that is not a pre requisite for the job.
    Agreed, however, Napier also wasn't one of the highest paid, if not the highest, paid coordinator at the P5 level. My point was, I don't think you pay a first time head coach the same as we were paying Napier, when they haven't proved themselves yet.

Since Golding is already making $1.5M, Cajuns would have to pay him close to, if not more, than what Napier was making as a proven commodity here.

Does anyone think Bill Clark could be an option from UAB?
    Nah.

Agreed, however, Napier also wasn't one of the highest paid, if not the highest, paid coordinator at the P5 level. My point was, I don't think you pay a first time head coach the same as we were paying Napier, when they haven't proved themselves yet.

Since Golding is already making $1.5M, Cajuns would have to pay him close to, if not more, than what Napier was making as a proven commodity here.
    Inflation has increased the price.

You pay for the splash

The entire country would be talking about an SBC school nabbing a Bama coordinator

Rich Rodriguez will apply again. He came to talk to UL about the coaching vacancy after the 1998 season. He was the OC at Tulane during their undefeated season. According to some, Rodriguez withdrew his name because he did not feel UL was willing to make a commitment to football. UL famously hired Jerry Baldwin and Rodriguez went on to be head coach at West Virginia, Michigan and Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    You pay for the splash

The entire country would be talking about an SBC school nabbing a Bama coordinator
    If we get Golding that is a big time hire. And we would keep Wes Neighbors.

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information