Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moving forward, who are we?

UL Football Moving forward, who are we?

Moving forward, who are we?

15 years ago, we “Hustled Up and Bustled Up” until Ricky brought us as far as he could bring us.

10 years ago, we held “The Rope” Until Hud brought us as far as he could bring us.

Now we have the “cULture.”

I don’t want to say we can’t go any further, but how much further is there to go?

I think CBN has brought us to where he’s going to bring us. Maybe he’ll stay, probably he’s gone.

But we are where we are.

So where do WE go from here?

At a point WE have to be about it.

We can’t rebrand for a fourth time in 15 years and still strive for a tradition.

We may get the next Billy Napier who wants the same kind of control.

I’m cool with that, but we have to insist on one thing.

Consistency.

Legacy.

Or…..Tradition.

We have to be about it.

#cULture.

2. Default Re: Moving forward, who are we?

You can't spell cULture without ur.

U R spot on.

Default Re: Moving forward, who are we?

New Year's 6 bowl. Napier wanted to do that. We still can.

NY6 vs UF would be fun

A little off topic but I’ll say this, between the top 25 rankings, back to back 11 win seasons and now Billy leaving..we won the name battle just in time (thanks mostly to ESPN). We’ve had more recognition the past 2 seasons than probably 100 years combined and everyone called us Louisiana. It’s now at a point where it looks odd when anyone on a National level uses anything other than LOUISIANA.

6. Default Re: Moving forward, who are we?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    A little off topic but I’ll say this, between the top 25 rankings, back to back 11 win seasons and now Billy leaving..we won the name battle just in time (thanks mostly to ESPN). We’ve had more recognition the past 2 seasons than probably 100 years combined and everyone called us Louisiana. It’s now at a point where it looks odd when anyone on a National level uses anything other than LOUISIANA.
    Because of one man the Associated Press is fighting real hard in a losing battle

Way too many locals ULL it...the postings on FB concerning Billy leaving were full of it...

8. Default Re: Moving forward, who are we?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Way too many locals ULL it...the postings on FB concerning Billy leaving were full of it...
    It is way more prevalent here in Lafayette in everyday discussions than it is anywhere out of Lafayette. And it is being done mostly out of naivety as opposed to spite. This is heard daily. There is a lot of work to do in Acadiana in that regard . . .

9. Default Re: Moving forward, who are we?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Few locals, mostly newbies from around the State.

Unless you're talking about Dan McDonald.

10. Default Re: Moving forward, who are we?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It is way more prevalent here in Lafayette in everyday discussions than it is anywhere out of Lafayette. And it is being done mostly out of naivety as opposed to spite. This is heard daily. There is a lot of work to do in Acadiana in that regard . . .
    Imports and newbies.

Change your conversation to an informative one when you encounter them because they know nothing.

11. Default Re: Moving forward, who are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Imports and newbies.

Change your conversation to an informative one when you encounter them because they know nothing.
    I always inform them when it happens so they do not embarrass themselves before someone who counts . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Moving forward, who are we?

15 years ago, we “Hustled Up and Bustled Up” until Ricky brought us as far as he could bring us.

10 years ago, we held “The Rope” Until Hud brought us as far as he could bring us.

Now we have the “cULture.”

I don’t want to say we can’t go any further, but how much further is there to go?

I think CBN has brought us to where he’s going to bring us. Maybe he’ll stay, probably he’s gone.

But we are where we are.

So where do WE go from here?

At a point WE have to be about it.

We can’t rebrand for a fourth time in 15 years and still strive for a tradition.

We may get the next Billy Napier who wants the same kind of control.

I’m cool with that, but we have to insist on one thing.

Consistency.

Legacy.

Or…..Tradition.

We have to be about it.

#cULture.
    Good questions. Win the conference championship this year and win more of them. Make the NY6 and when the playoff expands to 12, make the playoff since there will finally be a path for G5. Still lots of upside.

Great post. We have come a long way baby. Now we continue. Hire another up and comer. Build a beautiful stadium. BUILD off what coach Napier started

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Few locals, mostly newbies from around the State.

Unless you're talking about Dan McDonald.
    Mostly those lsuam @br who are secretly getting worried about what is happening here.

15. Default Re: Moving forward, who are we?

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Mostly those lsuam @br who are secretly getting worried about what is happening here.
    It is much wider than that. Those do it out of spite and insecurity, however the lions share of that is from those that say it out of naivety.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information