Thread: POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

1. Default POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

11-1

Default Re: POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

We slept walked through that game

3. Default Re: POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

10000%

Excellent pod. Great job Josh and Gerry.

Guys I enjoyed listening. But you guys made it sound like Billy took over the program that bustle actually took over. That was “in the ashes”. Bustle brought them up a notch. HUD took them to the next level with multiple bowl wins. And Billy raised it up a couple more notches. I know y’all were probably kids during the Baldwin days but that was down in the ashes.

Those Baldwin years were such a depressing time.

7. Default Re: POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Guys I enjoyed listening. But you guys made it sound like Billy took over the program that bustle actually took over. That was “in the ashes”. Bustle brought them up a notch. HUD took them to the next level with multiple bowl wins. And Billy raised it up a couple more notches. I know y’all were probably kids during the Baldwin days but that was down in the ashes.
    Well, the team was down 30 scholarships, the locker room was divided, we were getting embarrassed by conference mates, our coach was a National punchline, major donors were pulling their support and no one was going to the games…

I’d call that ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well, the team was down 30 scholarships, the locker room was divided, we were getting embarrassed by conference mates, our coach was a National punchline, major donors were pulling their support and no one was going to the games…

I’d call that ashes.
    Not close to the very end of stokley through Baldwin. We lost to D2 north Alabama. Not 1AA. D2. Program at an all time low. If you think we were getting embarrassed by conference foes then try watching Tech hang 77 on you. That’s embarrassing. HUD going to and winning multiple bowl games was light years ahead of Baldwin years. During Baldwin we weren’t losing donors because there were no donors to lose. All time lowest of lows for our program. You young guys are just spoiled.

9. Default Re: POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

Not close to the very end of stokley through Baldwin. We lost to D2 north Alabama. Not 1AA. D2. Program at an all time low. HUD going to and winning multiple bowl games was light years ahead of Baldwin years. During Baldwin we weren’t losing donors because there were no donors to lose. All time lowest of lows for our program. You young guys are just spoiled.
    That program had ZERO investment. HUD’s program had plenty. Compared to where we were at the beginning of his tenure, the plane had hit the mountain.

Most importantly, the locker room was splintered and our base was turned completely off.

That program had ZERO investment. HUD’s program had plenty. Compared to where we were at the beginning of his tenure, the plane had hit the mountain.

Most importantly, the locker room was splintered and our base was turned completely off.
    No doubt it had slipped down from where it was but it was still heads and shoulders above where bustle took over. Lowest of lows for any D1 program thanks to Dr A and Raymond B. Don’t take my word go ask your co-host daddy.

11. Default Re: POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

I’d call that ashes.
    Almost every incoming coach uses the "down so many scholarships" Mantra.

Thats why I could never understand Bustle only giving out 17 scholarships his first year.

With turnover and graduation you start every year down a certain number of scholarships. Some schools like Alabama have been known to hand out 30 in a single year. That's how many scholarships they were down.

I definitely remember those late Stokley and Baldwin years. Talk about rock bottom. As far as the “from the ashes” comment, we definitely know that Hud brought us to a level of relevancy but when he left, we had a divided locker room along with being on probation, vacating most of our wins from 2011-2014, and an apathetic fan base that took at least two years to come back. Maybe the phrase came off as a little exaggerated but for Billy to change the attitude of an entire program in the short time that he did was quite impressive.

13. Default Re: POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

If not for the right coach at the right time this program was primed to spiral out of control after Hud.

Thanks to Hud, everyone knew this program's potential.

I don't think anyone expected Napier to exceed Hud's best.

14. UL Football Re: POSTGAME REACTION: ULM WarHOAX

The Cajun program was in bad shape after Hud. But after Baldwin we were on FBS life support with a depressed wife being told to pull the plug. We had only Bustle as a true applicant for the job.

I’m forever grateful to Coach Bustle.

Thread Information