Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

1. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You starting to sound like a democrat pollster . . .
    Yeah, the poll was just a demo.

Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No he's right.

That was back when UL undercounted so David Walker could say he found a million dollars.

I did a massive poll and 12,532 say the attended every BB game back then.
    LOL…like 12k in Blackham…

How many times has our program beaten a ranked opponent? 10.

3 times in 71-72 (Houston, Long Beach State, Marshall
    72-73 (Houston)
    80-81 (Lamar)
    81-82 (Georgetown)
    90-91 (Oklahoma)
    91-92 (Oklahoma)
    92-93 (Nebraska)
    02-03 (Mississippi State)

Guide I found only goes 18-19. The other 30 opportunities we had, we lost. 10-30 and only one victory over a ranked team this century.

That’s the reality. That needs to change. Us guys from the Blackham days are thinning out. Hope things change so Corndog and his crew won’t be like us boomers still reminiscing how it was and never has been since.

How sad is it? I looked at the polls last night. NOBODY from the SBC even getting votes. That’s a bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Uh, no, not even for the most part full. Not even half. From media guide, photo would not download.

01-02…3,836
    02-03…5,670
    03-04…4,881
    04-05…4,795
    05-06…3,186
    I don't care what your media guide says. Just telling you what I remember seeing with my own two eyes. Not enough dome foam could make me forget the masses that cheered that team on. But thanks for going out of your way to attempt to prove me wrong.

This thread made me go back and do a little YouTube research.

This link is to the: 2005 NCAA Tourney game against Louisville. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6LxYSIhJFw

I also found the 2001 NCAA game against Tennessee (in case you need to vomit) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em35qpT7qNs

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    I don't care what your media guide says. Just telling you what I remember seeing with my own two eyes. Not enough dome foam could make me forget the masses that cheered that team on. But thanks for going out of your way to attempt to prove me wrong.
    While those Jesse Evans crowds were certainly better than today's, the dome definitely wasn't close to being full. My 2 eyes saw it as well.

I was a student when Boyd, Orien, Dwayne and Southall were playing. The student section was full to the brim and so was the rest of the Cajundome for the most part. It was such an exciting program to watch. Not a single one of us missed a game. Those are the days we need to return to. Marlin can't do that and never will be able to.
    Those $5 beers helped pack the student section. Oh that note, I want to apologize to the Chi Alpha guys I spilt half that beer on one night. But hey, at least your girlfriends thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    While those Jesse Evans crowds were certainly better than today's, the dome definitely wasn't close to being full. My 2 eyes saw it as well.
    Ditto. Dome has NEVER sold out for MBB.

Ah, it’s ok. Numbers don’t lie, unless it’s an election.

Memories are great. This is just like a high school class reunion. You’ll always remember that smoking girl you spent time with and always keep that in the back of your mind. Until you go to that 30th class reunion and she’s has transformed into an undesirable life form.

Ah, it’s ok. Numbers don’t lie, unless it’s an election.

Memories are great. This is just like a high school class reunion. You’ll always remember that smoking girl you spent time with and always keep that in the back of your mind. Until you go to that 30th class reunion and she’s has transformed into an undesirable life form.
    I'm cool with facts. Maybe the dome foam DID get to me lol. Regardless, it was a helluva time. I got a Cajun J A Z Z dancer to marry me in the process and have a couple of Cajuns and they're pretty damn good athletes.

I couldn't spell J A Z Z together as one word.........

11. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

The student section was packed and that's all that mattered.

I was a sophomore during that run. Mike and Dwyane were constantly on ESPN highlights. That Western Kentucky game was lit!

Evans and Coach Lee had the perfect mix of local talent and a few risky players looking for a 2nd chance.

Ditto. Dome has NEVER sold out for MBB.
    I was there for UMASS and that UNO game where we were both ranked.

They might not have been sellouts, but it sure felt like it. Absolute electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I was there for UMASS and that UNO game where we were both ranked.

They might not have been sellouts, but it sure felt like it. Absolute electricity.
    That UMASS game was a Saturday or Sunday afternoon game and if not a sellout, it was pretty close! They were good too.

You guys would of loved Blackham as a student. And traveling to the Chamber of Horrors @ UNO, McDonald Gym @ Lamar, Tech's first game (and loss) in their new building. ULM has been a dump forever. I was the Cajun fan in LC that would stand up waving and yelling goodbye at their fans as they left the Civic Center because we were blowing them out their own building.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information