Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

UL Basketball Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I’m the exact fan the Ragin Review was talking about the other day. I used to go to most home games while in school but now not really a follower of basketball until the tournament. I remember about halfway through both of the last games the Cajuns were playing and since I have the plus app I figured I would tune in but when I saw we were getting blown out I put on anything on Netflix instead.

Too many “best Cajun team ever” statements that never materialized have marginalized me as a fan. I’d like to be a fan but just have too many other obligations to waste my time on a barely average team.
    I don't even mind 'barely average' if the program is seriously trying to elevate itself above mediocrity. Marlin has NO aspirations to advance the program; he cares only about enhancing his Win-Loss record.

2. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I don't even mind 'barely average' if the program is seriously trying to elevate itself above mediocrity. Marlin has NO aspirations to advance the program; he cares only about enhancing his Win-Loss record.
    That philosophy caught up with him last loss.

3. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

I believe once Maggard gets his FB coaches in place, he has now figured this is the next place to create revenue here and at least by next year we will have a new MBB coaching staff.

Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    He is not even average at best.

I quit going to games after a couple years into Marlins tenure. I hated the hire to begin with. Ole Vanilla _____. Stopped wasting my time and money a long time ago. When they fire that clown and get a new coach, I'll gladly return. Especially considering the faith I have in Mags to hire a winner.

6. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

6-1 Hoosiers fall to 4-3 Orange in double overtime. Bobby is positioning the team for post season seeding. Losing to great teams gets teams into the dance every year. Just look at the .500 teams without championships in the 7-10 seeding. And y’all after his scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Especially considering the faith I have in Mags to hire a winner.
    That’s for sure. Think when it happens, nobody will be retained, total cULture change. Hire will be someone never mentioned here in true Maggard form.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That’s for sure. Think when it happens, nobody will be retained, total cULture change. Hire will be someone never mentioned here in true Maggard form.
    What a beautiful day it will be!

Back to original Thread Question:
    He should NOT.
    Should have been FIRED years ago -- not given a contract extension .
    #MARLIN MUST GO

I was a student when Boyd, Orien, Dwayne and Southall were playing. The student section was full to the brim and so was the rest of the Cajundome for the most part. It was such an exciting program to watch. Not a single one of us missed a game. Those are the days we need to return to. Marlin can't do that and never will be able to.

Marlin got by because he happened to be the coach when Shawn Long and Elfrid Payton got us to the big dance. That team worked because Payton was a legit point guard and the go to guy. We don't really have that now because positionless basketball has taken over for the most part so there's not much cohesiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    I was a student when Boyd, Orien, Dwayne and Southall were playing. The student section was full to the brim and so was the rest of the Cajundome for the most part. It was such an exciting program to watch. Not a single one of us missed a game. Those are the days we need to return to. Marlin can't do that and never will be able to.
    I was in the student section during those years behind the visitors bench and it was a blast. I’d like to see the records and accomplishments comparing those teams year on year through the coaching regimes to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    The student section was full to the brim and so was the rest of the Cajundome for the most part.
    Uh, no, not even for the most part full. Not even half. From media guide, photo would not download.

01-02…3,836
    02-03…5,670
    03-04…4,881
    04-05…4,795
    05-06…3,186

The 05-06 year was shortened by Katrina refugees.

The WKU game in 03 had 9,121 (tied for 8th) and New Mexico State in 02 had 7,743 came in 19th on the top 20 of crowd size at the dome.

In 2000, the 15th and 18th largest crowds appeared. The rest of the top 20 crowds for MBB, last century.

14. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Uh, no, not even for the most part full. Not even half. Trying to load attendance stats
    No he's right.

That was back when UL undercounted so David Walker could say he found a million dollars.

I did a massive poll and 12,532 say the attended every BB game back then.

15. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No he's right.

That was back when UL undercounted so David Walker could say he found a million dollars.

I did a massive poll and 12,532 say the attended every BB game back then.
    You starting to sound like a democrat pollster . . .

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information