Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Bobby Big Fish needs to hit the road and Silly Billy is not much better. He is like Marlin has everyone fooled. He is a lucky mother ____er.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Did individual games off and on thru the following years. Wife talked me into season tickets after EP left. More of a date night than an event.

Until I gave up my tickets after 88-89, I missed 2 home games from the first game back after death penalty and traveled as far as Milwaukee for a road game. I wasn’t a casual fan that just liked to _____.

Think the retirement system is driving our BB programs.
    Probably more offs than ons,lol.

Default Re: Fire Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Completely unacceptable to lose to ____ing Jackson state
    Wait, isn't winning on the road in college basketball one of the hardest things to do in sports? No way we lost to Jackson State at home!

4. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

When an AD gets trapped behind a bad contract only total boycott motivates them to terminate. Bob’s agent wrote a great contract that is virtually un breakable. It renews for the slightest success.

Bobby isn’t getting fired for anything not criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    When an AD gets trapped behind a bad contract only total boycott motivates them to terminate. Bob’s agent wrote a great contract that is virtually un breakable. It renews for the slightest success.

His buyout is less than 100k this year. He is gone unless he makes the dance

He should have been fired 5 yrs ago

7. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

If he gets lucky 3 games in March it renews

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

Who's fault is that, Farmer? That is criminal, as anyone with a brain could see that Marlin was a dud from day one.

Default Re: Fire Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It is past time.
    Sounds like he’s got pics on someone for the university to keep him employed

Every single person I spoke to today about the basketball game said Marlin needs to go badly and the big men are soft!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Probably more offs than ons,lol.
    Yeah, especially for Robert Lee’s mop up stint due to Orien Green fallout and the APR issues. But hey, Lee parlayed that into at least 25 years in the retirement system when added to his h/s gigs. I’m sure his high years were at UL. That’s the kind of Mickey Mouse —— that I see Marlin working towards and Broadhead should be close to being vested, if not already. Coaching college athletics should not be viewed as a path to a government managed/financed retirement plan. Everyone in Lake Charles was thrilled for Matt Viator getting the ULM gig because it helped his retirement. No wonder they sucked, team wasn’t a priority.

Same reason I don’t want Rebowe as a replacement for CBN. He has never left the state or it’s retirement system, is of retirement age/service time, and the biggest motivation to be here is it would be the highest paying years of his service.

Bum Phillips said it best, “Coaches are hired to be fired”.

The basketball program is dead.

After the AD hires a new FB coach, Marlin should be fired the next day. If he is not, the AD must explain why.

This situation is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The basketball program is dead.

After the AD hires a new FB coach, Marlin should be fired the next day. If he is not, the AD must explain why.

This situation is pathetic.
    Marlin should have been fired before Maggard walked over to Cajun Field this afternoon

I’ll keep this answer short and sweet…

He shouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Anyone have a real reason?
    I believe he has pics of someone in a compromising situation. That is the only thing I can figure. I have said this many times, he is the only coach in Div. I that can turn a 5 star recruit into a 1 star over a week of practice.

Will not go back to MBB until their is a change. I will follow through the RaginCajun site only.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information