Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

1. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Quit merging threads
    Sorry, but having 4 different threads on the same topic at the same time won't work.

Focus.

Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

Erath Middle has an opening. Perfect for the Big Fish.

3. Default Re: Why Should Marlin Still Be Our HC?

The fact that Bob Marlin couldn't recruit Mylik Willson and/or Cedrick Russel to play for this year team is very troubling.

St. Marty loss to Southern in the 87-88 season. So he came back and did it again in 88-89. That’s when I gave up my tickets.

Marlin has to go. Third loss ever to a SWAC team in program history best I can tell. Sad part, it wasn’t that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Sorry, but having 4 different threads on the same topic at the same time won't work.

Focus.
    That’s what hurt RP for awhile…a thread could be about Bigfoot and it turned into a Marlin thread. There’s an idea, post to the right thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    St. Marty loss to Southern in the 87-88 season. So he came back and did it again in 88-89. That’s when I gave up my tickets.

Marlin has to go. Third loss ever to a SWAC team in program history.
    It’s not like that Southern team didn’t have Avery Johnson, Bobby Phil’s and Carlos Sample who were pretty damn good.

It’s not like that Southern team didn’t have Avery Johnson, Bobby Phil’s and Carlos Sample who were pretty damn good.
    No excuses. Other than the blind squirrel finding a nut a few years later, Marty’s record speaks for itself. 251-320

If you cancelled your tickets in 88-89. Did you miss the early 90s teams, which were some of our best ever?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    If you cancelled your tickets in 88-89. Did you miss the early 90s teams, which were some of our best ever?
    Yup. Went one other time (on a free ticket) when Marty called a time out with 1:07 left and a 5 point lead. I was the only one ____ed off in the group I was with. Told everyone the game was lost. Of course, lost in overtime. Everyone marveled at how did I know? Simple, Marty coached them up in the TO.

Never went again until his clown butt was gone. Wasn’t going to be a bandwagon fan, my dislike of the situation was done and over with MBB. Didn’t discuss it with anyone, didn’t trash the program (actually Fletcher) other than that 1 time I went and Marty called the TO.

I’m different than some of you…when I’m done with something, I’m done. I don’t beat the drum of discontent once I wash my hands and gave up my tickets as some have claimed with Marlin. But that’s ok too, but it won’t change a thing. Walk away and let the silence speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yup. Went one other time (on a free ticket) when Marty called a time out with 1:07 left and a 5 point lead. I was the only one ____ed off in the group I was with. Told everyone the game was lost. Of course, lost in overtime. Everyone marveled at how did I know? Simple, Marty coached them up in the TO.

Never went again until is clown butt was gone.
    Can’t say I blame you. I haven’t been to a Cajuns game since the first complete roster turnover under Marlin. It was clear then he wasn’t the guy.

I think that’s more of a fair way to title these threads. Instead of piling on, which is easy at this point. Can’t think of what he’s bringing to basketball at the moment and really the past several years sans a couple.

Can’t say I blame you. I haven’t been to a Cajuns game since the first complete roster turnover under Marlin. It was clear then he wasn’t the guy.
    Did individual games off and on thru the years after Fletcher left. Wife talked me into season tickets after EP left. More of a date night than an event.

Until I gave up my tickets after 88-89, I missed 2 home games from the first game back after death penalty and traveled as far as Milwaukee for a road game. I wasn’t a casual fan that just liked to _____.

Think the retirement system is driving our BB programs.

The guy makes between $550K and $600K and wasn’t exactly making chump change before the new contract. It’s time to go. Way past time to go. He’s flat out stealing money given his results.

Default Re: Fire Bob Marlin

Our kids should not take the Dome for granted... and play like it's their super bowl every time out.

I've been a Marlin supporter and given him benefit of the doubt over the years.

It's past time to turn the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The fact that Bob Marlin couldn't recruit Mylik Willson and/or Cedrick Russel to play for this year team is very troubling.
    They're what's missing from a team deep with bigs

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information