Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Self Absorbed Fans

CajunJeaux is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

People Self Absorbed Fans

Wow, what a rant. Right or wrong,similar standards have been set around here lately. Thanks, Billy!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...USO9L8aNm8Ag5E

Default Re: Self Absorbed Fans

Great comments by Coach Saban.

I made a comment about those type of fans after we beat South Alabama. And, of course, a few people came back at me. (It was on my Facebook page).

I am ecstatic every time we win.

Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Damn!! Made me like nick for a bit

Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I made a comment about those type of fans after we beat South Alabama. And, of course, a few people came back at me. (It was on my Facebook page).

I am ecstatic every time we win.
    Agree

Wow. That gives you some perspective.

I will argue one point, college athletics is not as amateur as it should be.

Describes many of the RPCA...

Rougarou's Avatar Rougarou is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Hammer, meet nail.

CajunJeaux is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

"I don't think that's fair to the players either, because our players work their butt off to be the best they can be, and to get criticized for what they work hard for to do, so that you can be entertained. So that you can enjoy and have pride and passion for what they accomplish and what they do."

Here’s the hook it it all. Fair weather fan.

“WE were supposed to blow them out and then YOU don't do it”…

And to Saban’s point, you don’t think as our offense celebrated the turnovers by Liberty our defensive unit got, I’m sure the defense enjoyed the time killing TD drive the offense pitched…again. Where ever Napier ends up, I hope he can keep that as part of his MO.

When Nick Saban hangs it up, that is THE job the top coaches want.

I’ve always been a Nick Saban fan. He’s one of the great ones. He definitely got his point across.

The RPCA will rant again on Saturday. That’s a given. And I’ll read the thread on Sunday with all its drama and coaching expertise. Life goes on.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here’s the hook it it all. Fair weather fan.

“WE were supposed to blow them out and then YOU don't do it”…

And to Saban’s point, you don’t think as our offense celebrated the turnovers by Liberty our defensive unit got, I’m sure the defense enjoyed the time killing TD drive the offense pitched…again. Where ever Napier ends up, I hope he can keep that as part of his MO.

When Nick Saban hangs it up, that is THE job the top coaches want.
    If I had aspirations to be a great coach I would never want to follow Saban at Alabama. I would want to create what Saban has at Alabama somewhere else and put my own stamp on a program.

13. Default Re: Self Absorbed Fans

I liked Saban’s comments.

But I’ll say this.. People watch games and experience “fandom” differently. Just because people who comment on performance or how the game played out in a critical way, doesn’t mean they “expect” or “don’t understand” that humans play the game. When you sell a product as high stakes athletics, you are actively recruiting fans that have no ties to the university, the players themselves or the overall mission of the athletics department. They don’t watch the games like we do. They are usually just commenting on the players and games based on what they’ve seen in other places (usually top level CFB or NFL). Also, projecting ahead to how those players and performances will affect games in the future.

We spend too much time here telling fans how to be fans.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    If I had aspirations to be a great coach I would never want to follow Saban at Alabama. I would want to create want Saban has at Alabama somewhere else and put my own stamp on a program.
    I tend to lean your way, but the attraction with Alabama is they are open to giving the coach all the keys. With the exception of maybe Clemson, yet to see it bear fruit elsewhere.

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I tend to lean your way, but the attraction with Alabama is they are open to giving the coach all the keys. With the exception of maybe Clemson, yet to see it bear fruit elsewhere.
    But……….when they give you the keys, you better drive the bus or they will change the bus driver after just a few miles!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information