Thread: Opponents Take: Second-half defense carries Marshall past Louisiana 93-79

1. UL Basketball Opponents Take: Second-half defense carries Marshall past Louisiana 93-79

Marshall wanted to make its first unofficial Sun Belt matchup one to remember.

As it turned out, the Thundering Herd made sure Louisiana won’t forget it anytime soon, either.

Default Re: Opponents Take: Second-half defense carries Marshall past Louisiana 93-79

What’s Marlin’s excuse this time. We have no one to run the offense and the players look like they’ve gotten worse under him because of it

Default Re: Opponents Take: Second-half defense carries Marshall past Louisiana 93-79

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    What’s Marlin’s excuse this time. We have no one to run the offense and the players look like they’ve gotten worse under him because of it
    Their fear of the Cajuns turned into motivation..They prepared for Duke.

Basketball.....pas bon.

Can’t play southern miss every night. I’ll admit I was cautiously optimistic coming into the year. Then I watched a few games against scrub teams and bought into the hype. The last two games have been a reality check and as much as I hate this saying, it is what it is. And it will continue to be as long as much needed, long overdue changes are not made.

Marshall:
    Points in the Paint: 50 Fast Break Points: 19
    Points off Turnovers: 32 Bench Points: 35

Cajuns:
    Points in the Paint: 22 Fast Break Points: 5
    Points off Turnovers: 10 Bench Points: 30

This says a lot.

Marlin made no stupid comment last night and sounded deafted. Knows the grease is heating up to fry the fish.

28 turnovers. That's really all I have to tell you about the game. I wasn't able to watch it on TV so I'm going off stats and maybe someone will come along saying you can't read too much into stats alone but you really don't need to when you turn it over 28 times. That is purely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    28 turnovers. That's really all I have to tell you about the game. I wasn't able to watch it on TV so I'm going off stats and maybe someone will come along saying you can't read too much into stats alone but you really don't need to when you turn it over 28 times. That is purely unacceptable.
    I could watch it and did, some of it, until I was just too frustrated by the very sloppy play.

Thread Information