Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Orleans Bowl Hotel Bookings

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Hotel Bookings

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    We benefit none in playing LSU this year, if we win, it will because LSU did not care, they were without a coach, their players did not want to play this game, etc. If we lose it will be awful for us as they will say, see the greatest UL team ever, could not beat a mediocre LSU team. Please, no LSU this year.

I would much rather play a really solid G5 (UTSA, Marshall, Houston, WKU, UAB, Army, Utah State (would be interesting with Blake Anderson as coach, SDSU, Fresno and/or Air Force type team).

Or play a 2nd tier P5 team like Miami, Iowa State, Kansas State, Penn State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue, BYU, Washington State, Oregon State, Arizona, UCLA, Tennessee, Arkansas and/or Mississippi State type team.

All of those are better than 6-6. I would really love to see us vs another Top Tier G5 program with a minimum of 10 wins in a bowl game.
    LSU is a 2nd tier P5 team. I would LOVE to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    LSU is a 2nd tier P5 team. I would LOVE to play them.
    I have to agree with Dave here, nothing to gain by playing them.

There’s always something to gain by playing them. We will be without a coach as well.

4. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Hotel Bookings

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    There’s always something to gain by playing them. We will be without a coach as well.
    I struggle to get excited over bowls with two teams that have little or nothing in common with the regular season personality of the teams.

5. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Hotel Bookings

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Did anyone try booking a hotel through the NO Bowl website. It will only let me book a room until Saturday which makes no sense the game is at 8PM what do you do after the victory celebration drive home? Preparing just in case I have until Dec 14th to cancel.
    Don't know if anyone has answered you yet but you can book through whatever day you would like at the NO Bowl price. I booked my room at the Sheraton through the 19th using the NO Bowl website. Just choose whatever date you would like to check out on.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I have to agree with Dave here, nothing to gain by playing them.
    You guys are nuts. Imagine what beating LSU in the superdome in front of 60,000 fans and National Audience could do for our image and recruiting.

Y’all need to take off the anti LSU lenses on this one. If it was 6-6 Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia, Notre Dame etc we would be chomping to bits.

I could maybe understand if we had better alternatives but more than likely we will be playing Marshall, utsa, western Kentucky…if we are lucky a MWC school…

7. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Hotel Bookings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    You guys are nuts. Imagine what beating LSU in the superdome in front of 60,000 fans and National Audience could do for our image and recruiting.

Y’all need to take off the anti LSU lenses on this one. If it was 6-6 Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia, Notre Dame etc we would be chomping to bits.

I could maybe understand if we had better alternatives but more than likely we will be playing Marshall, utsa, western Kentucky…if we are lucky a MWC school…
    Play the big Brand and beat it and you get the benefit nationally for years no matter what the circumstances. Some people just can’t see the light . . .

Bring on LSU! How many opportunities will we have to play them when UL has an upper hand or at least a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Play the big Brand and beat it and you get the benefit nationally for years no matter what the circumstances. Some people just can’t see the light . . .
    Undefeated season were nice and all for Boise but it was beating the big boys that put them on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Don't know if anyone has answered you yet but you can book through whatever day you would like at the NO Bowl price. I booked my room at the Sheraton through the 19th using the NO Bowl website. Just choose whatever date you would like to check out on.
    Thank you

Undefeated season were nice and all for Boise but it was beating the big boys that put them on the map.
    On the list of things to do to gain respect and notoriety, beating a P5 anywhere, anytime is #1 and everything else pales in comparison.

12. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Hotel Bookings

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Thank you
    You are quite welcome. Looking forward to a great bowl game

13. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Hotel Bookings

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The CornDogs would refuse the bid if that were to happen..
    Agreed, would end up like Zombie LoTech dodging ULM for Independence bowl.

I'm down to play whoever, as long as they're a decent G5 with 9+ wins or a P5. But you aren't getting LSU or any P5 in the Superdome for a bowl game this year. The one UL-LSU projection is the bowl game in Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I'm down to play whoever, as long as they're a decent G5 with 9+ wins or a P5. But you aren't getting LSU or any P5 in the Superdome for a bowl game this year. The one UL-LSU projection is the bowl game in Birmingham.
    Oh I agree with MAT that they would never play us, I’m just speaking about our fans that wouldn’t want to play them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information