Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: SB News

Default Re: SB News

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I only know about SB what I read here. It is interesting to read the differing points of view from people who are familair with the program.
    His explanation is wrong.

2. Default Re: SB News

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    She always played a lot. She wanted to get closer to home, so get your facts straight bud.
    nobody leaves a CWS contender to go home if they are happy . . .

3. Default Re: SB News

Nine positions and a pitcher that could account for two. Many are not getting meaningful innings.

His explanation is wrong.
    Prove me wrong then and explain it differently. Make sure you re-read the points I make in my post and respond accurately. Like Cajun Vic said, nobody leaves a projected Top 15 program of their own volition just because. FYI, I actually talked to a UL coach this summer about Curry. While they were appreciative of what she had done, I was told she became casualty of 1. this years incoming freshmen class. 2. this years incoming transfer class and 3. to paraphrase, the staff felt her bat had become erratic and therefore, unreliable. With the catching situation being what it is now, hindsight is 20/20 as they could probably use her just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Prove me wrong then and explain it differently. Make sure you re-read the points I make in my post and respond accurately. Like Cajun Vic said, nobody leaves a projected Top 15 program of their own volition just because. FYI, I actually talked to a UL coach this summer about Curry. While they were appreciative of what she had done, I was told she became casualty of 1. this years incoming freshmen class. 2. this years incoming transfer class and 3. to paraphrase, the staff felt her bat had become erratic and therefore, unreliable. With the catching situation being what it is now, hindsight is 20/20 as they could probably use her just for that.
    We have yet to get out of a regional, so we aren't a top 15 projected program in my eyes. If he said that then he has no clue about the program. I talk to coaches all the time, so your saying she became the casualty of all 3 things that you listed? Her bat has always been erratic that is no surprise to anyone much less the staff and I have said plenty of times she was a homerun, single, walk or strikeout kind of player. No way was Curry ever going to be a serviceable catcher this season or any other.

We have yet to get out of a regional, so we aren't a top 15 projected program in my eyes. If he said that then he has no clue about the program. I talk to coaches all the time, so your saying she became the casualty of all 3 things that you listed? Her bat has always been erratic that is no surprise to anyone much less the staff and I have said plenty of times she was a homerun, single, walk or strikeout kind of player. No way was Curry ever going to be a serviceable catcher this season or any other.
    Do you even read anything or do you just start banging away on the keyboard with no real clue?
    1. "We have yet to get out of a regional". Don't understand that comment since the season hasn't even started and you are already talking post season. Maybe I am being a little bold with my Top 15 statement but I would venture to say that when the pre-season rankings come out, the Cajuns will be ranked in the Top 25.
    2. "I talk to coaches all the time". Yes, we know that because you post ad nauseam about how much you converse with Glasco and/or his staff all of the time. I unfortunately only have a relationship with just 1 UL coach and just happened to see them at a travel ball tourney this summer. We were talking about UL's roster and I specifically asked about Curry. What I posted was the verbatim response I was given about her. Not trying to act like it was breaking news but rather using it as an example of Glasco's mindset of "perform or I will find someone else who will".
    3. Never said that Curry would be the full time starter at catcher. However, she did start 10 games last year at that position. Given that Sophie is the ONLY catcher now on the roster, Glasco would probably like to have Curry back if not just for the experience she had behind the dish. Sophie will not be able to catch every game this year and cannot catch every bullpen session. Unless Glasco gets someone from the portal, I know they worked Mayeaux behind the dish last year and she might have to go back there this year. In the fall, they worked Kotzelnick there. I realize catcher is not her position but I went to one scrimmage where she was behind the plate and it was brutal. She dropped several balls, had a throw down for an out but had several that either 2 hopped to the fielder or sailed into the outfield. Lacy got on her a few times. She is a work in progress at catcher if that is a position where they might want her to play.

Look, I get it in that Glasco is your guy. I too think he is a very good coach. I just question his constant use of the portal as a way to build a roster. It does not instill a sense of loyalty to those that he recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Do you even read anything or do you just start banging away on the keyboard with no real clue?
    1. "We have yet to get out of a regional". Don't understand that comment since the season hasn't even started and you are already talking post season. Maybe I am being a little bold with my Top 15 statement but I would venture to say that when the pre-season rankings come out, the Cajuns will be ranked in the Top 25.
    2. "I talk to coaches all the time". Yes, we know that because you post ad nauseam about how much you converse with Glasco and/or his staff all of the time. I unfortunately only have a relationship with just 1 UL coach and just happened to see them at a travel ball tourney this summer. We were talking about UL's roster and I specifically asked about Curry. What I posted was the verbatim response I was given about her. Not trying to act like it was breaking news but rather using it as an example of Glasco's mindset of "perform or I will find someone else who will".
    3. Never said that Curry would be the full time starter at catcher. However, she did start 10 games last year at that position. Given that Sophie is the ONLY catcher now on the roster, Glasco would probably like to have Curry back if not just for the experience she had behind the dish. Sophie will not be able to catch every game this year and cannot catch every bullpen session. Unless Glasco gets someone from the portal, I know they worked Mayeaux behind the dish last year and she might have to go back there this year. In the fall, they worked Kotzelnick there. I realize catcher is not her position but I went to one scrimmage where she was behind the plate and it was brutal. She dropped several balls, had a throw down for an out but had several that either 2 hopped to the fielder or sailed into the outfield. Lacy got on her a few times. She is a work in progress at catcher if that is a position where they might want her to play.

Look, I get it in that Glasco is your guy. I too think he is a very good coach. I just question his constant use of the portal as a way to build a roster. It does not instill a sense of loyalty to those that he recruits.
    1. We may be ranked in the top 25 pre-season rankings and I think that is about where we should be. In my opinion I don't think we are top 15 yet. Can we be? I surely hope so.

2. I am not doubting that you spoke to a coach. I think everyone: fans, supporters, and coaches opinion is the same as mind. Great kid, great attitude, etc. Just think the bat was hit or miss. We may differ in opinion here but I think any coach or player worth their salt should have the mind set that they need to perform or the coach will search for someone who can produce regardless where that player comes from.

3. I agree and actually hope we find a veteran catcher via the portal.

I do like Coach Glasco and his style and I think you will somewhat see the transfers level out. As a G5 the loyalty is my mind is only a year to year deal. Lets face it a kid can cut out on a coach at any time. So you almost have to build a yearly team because you never know how your roster will look from year to year. Loyalty goes both ways. See ya at the ball park. Geaux Cajuns!

8. UL Softball Re: SB News

JMU isn’t chopped liver, we’d better be stable or we won’t own the conference crown long.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    JMU isn’t chopped liver, we’d better be stable or we won’t own the conference crown long.
    Great, it makes the conference better.

10. Default Re: SB News

Not a problem. Just know that we can’t expect to skip to my lou anymore.

https://t.co/1wCgRsxcKS

I would take this kid in a heart beat! This could be a veteran catcher that we really need.

https://t.co/1wCgRsxcKS

I would take this kid in a heart beat! This could be a veteran catcher that we really need.
    Penn State has a softball team? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Penn State has a softball team? Who knew?
    A weak team with only 7 wins last season. Just got confirmation that she has entered the portal but she apparently is not leaving for another year. Went in early as a graduate transfer. So basically she isn't available unless she changes her mind.

14. Default Re: SB News

A weak team, only 7 wins last season. Just got confirmation that she has entered the portal but she apparently is not leaving for another year. Went in early as a graduate transfer. So basically she isn't available unless she changes her mind.
    A weak team . . . Get that English class

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information