Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SB News

UL Softball SB News

I saw this update posted on robo coach:

Pertaining to the transfer portal from the University of Louisiana 2021.

Carrie Boswell has chosen to get a job.
    Kyleigh Sand is on the roster at Rutgers.
    Casey Dixon entered the portal in September and will be pitching at Fresno State.
    Kendall Talley is at McNeese.
    Bailey Curry is at Western Kentucky.

Four freshmen have entered the portal since 11-20-21.

Elia Hebel
    Jessica Adams
    Jacque Adams
    Alexa Langeliers

Default Re: SB News

I wish them all the best with their careers and lives.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I wish them all the best with their careers and lives.
    In the spirit of Thanksgiving, and the Holiday season, I concur!

Z

Are those the twins that were supposed to be all world?

Why all the transfers?

That’s 40% of our recruiting class this year.

Haven’t even completed the first semester here and they’re already leaving?

Sorry, I’m not as forgiving.

The softball recruiting crap starts in eighth and ninth grade. You have more than enough time to make a decision or change your mind.

Don’t waste our time or our money.

It is a sign of the times. Kids want to play softball and when they see they won't get playing time they gone. They really don't care about the school, or the coach, they just want to play. Kind of sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It is a sign of the times. Kids want to play softball and when they see they won't get playing time they gone. They really don't care about the school, or the coach, they just want to play. Kind of sad really.
    I absolutely agree with this so don’t take my response as being directed at you.

If in fact 40% of A signing class that allegedly was number one in the country is leaving because they won’t be playing, Somebody needs to do a better job recruiting or these pay-per-view baseball and softball recruiting websites suck.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    What’s sad about wanting to play? I don’t get that line of thinking at all.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m putting in 15-20 hours of time and effort into softball every week I’d want to actually… you know… play softball.

SB has become a revolving door. I have to admit I’m a bit concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

I don’t know about you, but if I’m putting in 15-20 hours of time and effort into softball every week I’d want to actually… you know… play softball.
    Everybody wants to play. Everybody on the team is putting in similar work. I think what he's saying is that its sad that a lot of these athletes today don't want to work harder and improve to earn that spot. If they don't get it quickly, they are gone somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

Well the thing is this. The system is crewed up. The players sign up knowing they can transfer out. The coaches sign so many players is because they know they are going to transfer out. It's a catch 22 situation. It's Free agency in college. Makes the term "student athlete" obsolete .....it should be "athlete student". It's becoming a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Everybody wants to play. Everybody on the team is putting in similar work. I think what he's saying is that its sad that a lot of these athletes today don't want to work harder and improve to earn that spot. If they don't get it quickly, they are gone somewhere else.
    A Great man once said, “Work while You Wait.”

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    SB has become a revolving door. I have to admit I’m a bit concerned.
    I am not concerned.

I subscribe to Robe's school...Just because you've started on every team since 8 years old, doesn't mean you will continue that trend over here. Wanna Start? Work hard enough to get me to notice you.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information