Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SB News

Default Re: SB News

Thanks for the explanation. No it was not Alyson.

2. Default Re: SB News

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Mark, any idea why P5 is guaranteed and G5 is a year to year deal? I would assume money is the main reason?
    Not really sure. I am aware that around 2014 or 2015, there was a lot of publicity about girls at various P5 schools whose scholarships were either reduced heavily or taken away with no explanation which created a lot of controversy for the sport. I believe that same was happening in other equivalency sports. As a result, you saw the P5 schools come out with the policy that is now in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Not really sure. I am aware that around 2014 or 2015, there was a lot of publicity about girls at various P5 schools whose scholarships were either reduced heavily or taken away with no explanation which created a lot of controversy for the sport. I believe that same was happening in other equivalency sports. As a result, you saw the P5 schools come out with the policy that is now in place.
    So the four kids that left are they on some kind of scholarship at UL until the spring semester ends or by entering the portal they forfeit the scholarship for the spring? If they get picked up by another school does that school pick up the spring semester if UL is still on the hook?

4. Default Re: SB News

The minute they entered the portal, they forfeited whatever athletic scholarship money they were receiving from UL. If they get picked up by a new school, the new school is on the hook for whatever they negotiate with the student-athlete. They have the ability to come back to UL if they choose to do so but UL is under no obligation to honor their previous scholarship if they would choose to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Let's count them up 1. Landry 2. Hayden 3. Falterman 4. Graeter 5. Langeliers 6. Credeur 7. Hebel 8. Eschete 9. Oubre 10. Wittenberg 11. Jacquelyn Adams 12. Jessica Adams. These are the 12 that were reported to have signed with UL for the 2021 class. Did somebody end up reneging?
    Nobody has responded to this post so I guess my number of 12 was right.

Four kids have entered the portal so who exactly has Coach Glasco brought it to replace them since you say they are being told transfers are coming in to replace them?
    That was a generic statement I made in a previous post. I am not saying that these 4 were specifically told by Glasco that he was going to use their scholarship money for transfers so they had to go. But look at the roster for the past couple of years and you will see how many girls are not there the following year. They just quietly were not on the roster anymore. Maybe these 4 who entered the portal looked great in travel ball but when they got on campus, they just didn't perform as Glasco had hoped they would and he told them that he didn't see them ever getting meaningful minutes at UL. Perhaps that was merciful for him to do that. Or maybe he hoped they would leave if he told them that and he would have some money freed up because he knew some other girls would be hitting the portal on other teams after fall ball was over and he wanted some money available to be able to pick somebody up. Like Hemphill said, Glasco isn't bound by guaranteed scholarships so maybe there will be a couple more departures before the spring semester officially starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    That was a generic statement I made in a previous post. I am not saying that these 4 were specifically told by Glasco that he was going to use their scholarship money for transfers so they had to go. But look at the roster for the past couple of years and you will see how many girls are not there the following year. They just quietly were not on the roster anymore. Maybe these 4 who entered the portal looked great in travel ball but when they got on campus, they just didn't perform as Glasco had hoped they would and he told them that he didn't see them ever getting meaningful minutes at UL. Perhaps that was merciful for him to do that. Or maybe he hoped they would leave if he told them that and he would have some money freed up because he knew some other girls would be hitting the portal on other teams after fall ball was over and he wanted some money available to be able to pick somebody up. Like Hemphill said, Glasco isn't bound by guaranteed scholarships so maybe there will be a couple more departures before the spring semester officially starts.
    I agree with what you posted. What section do you sit in?

8. Default Re: SB News

It is my understanding that Langeliers has not entered the portal. The fourth girl is Rebeka Laudino.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    It is my understanding that Langeliers has not entered the portal. The fourth girl is Rebeka Laudino.
    I was told the same about Alexa. She is not in the portal. I do not know about Rebecca.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I was told the same about Alexa. She is not in the portal. I do not know about Rebecca.
    Go with what CajunsSball22 said.

Outfielder Isabella Dayton has entered the portal from Arizona. She use to work out with former Cajun Melissa Coronado. I would like to see her become a Cajun.

UL Softball Re: SB News

Outfielder Isabella Dayton has entered the portal from Arizona. She use to work out with former Cajun Melissa Coronado. I would like to see her become a Cajun.
    I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I wouldn't.
    The speed amd defense is what intrest me.

The speed amd defense is what intrest me.
    We have 6 underclassmen outfielders on this year's team (technically 8) and another coming next year. She is not an impact player. If she can't start for this year's Arizona team she isn't good enough to play here. Not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    We have 6 underclassmen outfielders on this year's team (technically 8) and another coming next year. She is not an impact player. If she can't start for this year's Arizona team she isn't good enough to play here. Not interested.
    She played in 44 games last year. She started 22. She hit .221 and stole 3 bases. Simply not good enough to play here.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information