Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SB News

Default Re: SB News

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    My memory isn’t what it used to be … but I recall recruiting twins from up north (Michigan perhaps). But they were very young so maybe still HS age.
    Someone in the kneaux can correct me if wrong.
    I think the twins you are referring to were from Georgia. Either they changed their minds or they didn't develop as coach had hoped during the rest of their high school and travel ball career.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I think the twins you are referring to were from Georgia. Either they changed their minds or they didn't develop as coach had hoped during the rest of their high school and travel ball career.
    Those girls are seniors right now if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Those girls are seniors right now if I remember correctly.
    Yes, one signed with Valdosta State. The other did not sign to play anywhere yet.

Thanks. Seems they were in 8th grade when first mentioned. Lot of time from then to signing a college scholarship.

Thanks for clarification

I think their names were Ellie and Emma Williams. From Perry, Georgia. One was a catcher and one was a pitcher.

Your comments are so wrong it's not even funny. Previously, Glasco had really no choice but to go to the transfer portal. That's because, when he got here as head coach, most of the best players were already verbally committed to go somewhere else. This is his first true recruiting class.

The one thing coach loves doing the most is taking a newcomer and developing them. He will get to do that this year with the players he has chosen.

One more thing. There were 17 new players on this year's team. Losing four of them is not 40%. It's 23.5%.

The transfer portal has changed everything. In today's world, players want instant gratification. They played all their lives on travel ball teams and have never sat the bench. And, they are not willing to do so in college, so they move on. End of story.

If you actually knew something about the players he has and maybe saw them play a few times, like I have. You would realize the team is stacked, even without those four players.

It's going to be a great year. See you at the ballpark.
    The man was signed in November of 2017 but you are saying that the recruiting class of 2021 is his first true class? Ok buddy. I agree that 2018 and possibly 2019, the portal was his friend. Since those years however, he has shown a proclivity towards looking to the portal as a way to get what he believes to be an experienced player who can help his team win. No matter who he has coming in or who he has signed, he always looks to the portal as a way to get what he believes to be a better player. He plays the player who is swinging the "hot" bat and has no problem with sitting the one who isn't. I can't disagree with that philosophy of playing the hot bat but as far as for recruiting, if he is telling me that he sees my daughter as their solution for the next 4 years at 3rd base or at SS, I have got to be leery knowing his fondness for using the portal as a means of looking for the next best thing. Oh and by the way, UL signed 12 freshmen for their 2021 class and 4 entered the portal before the semester ended. That a departure rate of 33.3% not 23.5%. You have got to count apples to apples. Not apples to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    The man was signed in November of 2017 but you are saying that the recruiting class of 2021 is his first true class? Ok buddy. I agree that 2018 and possibly 2019, the portal was his friend. Since those years however, he has shown a proclivity towards looking to the portal as a way to get what he believes to be an experienced player who can help his team win. No matter who he has coming in or who he has signed, he always looks to the portal as a way to get what he believes to be a better player. He plays the player who is swinging the "hot" bat and has no problem with sitting the one who isn't. I can't disagree with that philosophy of playing the hot bat but as far as for recruiting, if he is telling me that he sees my daughter as their solution for the next 4 years at 3rd base or at SS, I have got to be leery knowing his fondness for using the portal as a means of looking for the next best thing. Oh and by the way, UL signed 12 freshmen for their 2021 class and 4 entered the portal before the semester ended. That a departure rate of 33.3% not 23.5%. You have got to count apples to apples. Not apples to oranges.
    WRONG 4 of 11 incoming freshman have left the team which is 37%. He doesn't tell anyone he sees them as the solution for the next 3 or 4 years. As a coach if you aren't looking to improve your roster at all time then you shouldn't be coaching.

10. Default Re: SB News

WRONG 4 of 11 have left the team which is 37%. He doesn't tell anyone he sees them as the solution for the next 3 or 4 years. As a coach if you aren't looking to improve your roster at all time then you shouldn't be coaching.
    Let’s break this one down:

1. Reality, not only are you right, I will make sure you are more right . . . 4 out of 11 > 4 out of 12.

2. I’ve been there when Coach recruits the kids and parents so I know what he tells them and what he does not tell them.

3. Hey, you are absolutely correct, Coach is always looking to cut the legs out from under a recruit if he can find a better portal option.

I think that is what he said . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    What coach hasn't looked to the portal to improve their team? Oklahoma won a national championship last year with four transfers. Those transfers being pitchers Giselle Juarez and Shannon Saile and players Taylon Snow and Jana Johns. Would they have won a national championship without them? Probably not. Also, do you think Gasso thought when she got those transfers, maybe I shouldn't take them. If I do, I'll have to let some players I recruited go.

What coach hasn't looked to the portal to improve their team? Oklahoma won a national championship last year with four transfers. Those transfers being pitchers Giselle Juarez and Shannon Saile and players Taylon Snow and Jana Johns. Would they have won a national championship without them? Probably not. Also, do you think Gasso thought when she got those transfers, maybe I shouldn't take them. If I do, I'll have to let some players I recruited go.
    A better question to ask is what kids have left the Cajun softball program since Coach Glasco took over and went to a better program?

WRONG 4 of 11 incoming freshman have left the team which is 37%. He doesn't tell anyone he sees them as the solution for the next 3 or 4 years. As a coach if you aren't looking to improve your roster at all time then you shouldn't be coaching.
    Let's count them up 1. Landry 2. Hayden 3. Falterman 4. Graeter 5. Langeliers 6. Credeur 7. Hebel 8. Eschete 9. Oubre 10. Wittenberg 11. Jacquelyn Adams 12. Jessica Adams. These are the 12 that were reported to have signed with UL for the 2021 class. Did somebody end up reneging?

Ummm you could go beat your head against a brick wall or just put reality check on ignore since admin will do nothing about getting rid of the trolls around here. Everytime this guy gets quoted and responded to you fulfill one of his fantasies in life.

Compare the number of transfers that Gasso has taken from roster years 2018 to 2022 to that which Glasco has taken. I'll make it easy for you. Shown here broken down by roster year is the number of transfers taken in by UL and OK. Feel free to check the numbers. 2018: UL - 6, OK - 3; 2019: UL - 8, Ok - 1; 2020: UL - 5, OK - 1; 2021: UL - 7, OK - 1; 2022 - UL - 5, OK - 2. The evidence is overwhelming that Glasco looks to build his roster through the portal. I always maintained that there is nothing wrong with that. I have also said that if I was a parent of a student-athlete that he was recruiting, unless I was a Top 10 recruit who had some bargaining power, I would think twice about signing a National Letter of Intent to play for UL based upon Glasco's propensity to use the portal.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information